1_ ch 53: epilogue
605 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

53: epilogue

Step. Step. Step.

Wearing a blue hooded jacket, and having a package in my hand, I am walking through a park.

“hmm... ?”

Then glancing around me, and looking at all the people walking around, I am searching for an empty seat.

And at last, seeing one, I walk toward it.

“well, this should do.”

And then with a place to sit on, finally found, now it is ...

“Lunch Time.”

Joking like that, I move to open the package I was carrying, and smile.

And moving on, I take one of the three big burgers inside, and also the chocolate milk next to them, and start eating.

“though, next time, I should remember doing grocery.”

Still, it’s not like that much time had passed after getting discharged from the hospital, so I can’t be blamed, for my fridge been empty.

Thinking about that, I keep eating and filling my empty stomach.

“But seriously. Is it just me or is it’s getting worse ?”

My food consumption, that is.

I have always been physically strong, and so my food consumption been a little higher than normal is not that weird.

But in the last years, it has somehow become worse, you know?

And not only do I need to eat more, but in case I don’t eat enough, or overwork myself, I can suffer from increasing pain too.

Sigh.

But anyway, that’s not something I can affect, so better just forget it.

Instead, I want to think about the area limit notification I just saw when playing LSO before.

And honestly, that was frustrating,

To think, that the moment I would get closer to a new clue, such notification will stop me from advancing?

And the worst of all is that only after reading that notification and hitting my face, did the barrier start working.

“was that really necessary? having to hit my face for it to activate ?”

What barrier am I talking about?

Well, you remember the invisible wall I hit my face with?

At first, I thought that even if my face bumped into it, at least my weapon may pass through it, just like what happened the first time.

But guess what?

It didn’t.

After reading the notification, and feeling myself stopped by the barrier, I did try throwing my halberd to the crack as a test, but ..... it was meaningless.

And instead of achieving something, the halberd just hit the barrier that I bumped in before, and then was reflected back.

It’s clearly was meant as a prank.

First, hit your face with the barrier, and only then will it start affecting your weapons and limbs.

It was a stupid, and bothersome prank, honestly.

But even so, I didn’t give up at the time, and so I tried multiple times and even tried using Analyse on it, but .....

Sigh.

“it was meaningless.”

Not only did all my attempts get stopped by the barrier, but even my skill also didn’t activate.

It was frustrating.

“though at least, I had ways to vent. So it’s alright now.”

Hmm ? you are curious about what happened after that, right?

Well, you see, there were those rats, right?

So I exterminated them all.

Erasing them, to the last one of those hundred or so rats.

“still, first are a type of insectoids, and then rats. Did I change jobs from VR player to pest control special forces or something ?”

Though, it sure was fun, getting rid of those guys.

All I had to do, was to stand at the door and then wait, and they all will mindlessly charge at me through the narrow paths.

And though they were stronger than I thought, nevertheless...

“I have effortlessly erased them all.”

Oh, but about that.

After erasing them, I did a quick check to the building, and guess what.

There was a small crack in the floor underground.

The first one is underground, or to be specific, the original ground floor.

And though it was smaller than the one at the walkers’ building, it was still a crack.

With the notification and all.

Looking to my side, and taking another burger, I resume my thinking.

So honestly, I am quite curious about what it is, but again, I can’t do anything as of now, so I can only wait with anticipation for what is to come.

“and hope it would be interesting.”

Finishing my food, and smiling at the possible interesting things to come, I start stretching my tired body.

“fuuh, it seems like playing games all day, was a little tiring.”

Feeling my body relaxed, and in a better condition, I get myself in a comfortable sitting position, while watching all the people walking around the park.

Some running, while some walking.

Some old and others young.

Some alone, and some together, while others are walking their pets.

Feeling relaxed, after a long day, and looking at the park around me like that.

I can’t stop the satisfaction, rising in my heart.

You know, it’s a mysterious feeling.

Been alone in a place bustling with a lot of people, but even as you are alone with no one to accompany you, somehow, and in some way, you end up feeling yourself a part of the scene.

And even if you are alone, that simple feeling of belonging that arises in your heart can erase all loneliness.

And though it may only be a temporary one, that feeling is not bad.

Tick.

“to belong to somewhere, to be part of something. Well, I guess it does not feel that bad.”

Tock.

Smiling while thinking of that, and enjoying the short moments of my grey world, getting colored, I suddenly turn my attention toward a weird ticking voice I hear.

“What is this sound ?”

Then feeling curious, I look around, but even so, I don’t find any possible source.

Tick.

And then, by coincidence, I look up.

And then I see it, at the corner of my vision.

Tock.

-Tutorial End: 00:00:08.-

A decreasing countdown.

Oh, so it’s just a notification about the tutorial ending? guess the AR function is useful for such things, huh?

Tick.

....?

No, wait?

Tock.

And then as if a sudden realization hit me, I quickly stand from my seat, coldly sweating.

“How is it possible that I am seeing this ?”

Tick.

And like that glancing to the silver bracelet on my right wrist, the SR drive, my face pale.

Tock.

“after all, I am sure, I left it home, before getting out, right ?”

So it shouldn’t be on my arm, right?

Tick.

Feeling my heartbeat accelerating, and having a bad and ominous feeling, I quickly move my hand, trying to remove the drive.

Tock.

But sadly, I was a moment late.

-Tutorial End: 00:00:00.-

Ding.

-Announcement:

as of now, the Tutorial has ended.-

And a weird notification appeared.

-And Lost Solace Online has officially started-.

Then with it as the sign, I...

Lost my consciousness in the vision of pure white light.

9