2_ ch 23: A. Toward The Colors
286 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

23. A: Toward The Colors

And so, stretch your hand...

-conditions have been met.-

And toward Light... Drift.

-Extra Skill: Aura Sense has been acquired.-

Do so, and you will see it... do so, and you will understand it.... do so, and then for once, you will feel it...

The world of colors, obscured beyond.

......

Finally, in a world of black... I found my answer, and so... I

ZZzZSHSzzZ.

Lightning sparks sound.

Stretched my hand, seeking something I felt.

And doing so, I saw it. And No, I am not talking about my hand that is for some reason glowing in a beautiful white light, nor am I talking about the weird sparks of red and blue lightning surrounding it... No...

What I am talking about is actually something else..... It is that thing beyond.... it is that thing obscured...

Simply put, it’s another aspect of the Oblivion.... maybe?

I mean, it’s not like I am an expert or something, but I at least thought so...

So anyway, I have seen it.... what is it, you ask?

Well... it’s just as I said.....

“a World of Colors....”

In a literal sense.

And as to how can that be? Well, let’s just say that the moment I acquired my hmmm... Aura Sense?....

Well, anyway, the moment I acquired it, I was finally able to clear my thoughts, or at least I was able to differentiate them from everything else...

And just saying but even I don’t understand how, you know? Nevertheless, understanding or not is honestly not that important right now.... or at least...

Crack. Break.

Or at least, not with my corrosion rate increasing.

......

So, where to start from? Hmmm.... well, the beginning, I guess?

So, from the moment I entered the oblivion, a lot of things happened.... starting with the illusion of tranquility, an illusion probably born from an attempt of Observer, as my skill tried separating my mind from the Oblivion’s corrupted flow.... to me escaping that illusion, and finding my dying and pathetic state...... and even to me discarding Observer’s mental isolation and attempting to drown...

All for the sake of figuring out something, like for once.... what’s Curse, right?

Well, it was a crazy and rash decision I would say, but nevertheless, it was a necessary one if I wanted to understand my situation a little better...

Not to mention that the fact I am actually here, alive, and thinking about it, is proof that it was the right decision.

Thinking so, I look around me. In a world that once was black, now resembling a sea of colors.... well, I guess it’s more like a lake actually.... one that’s being pressured by the outer black, but meeh.

Who cares for that? Well, not me it seems. After all, I succeeded..... in what you ask?

Well, of course.....

“I succeeded in reaching it....”

“that which lies beyond black.”

Even though that almost drove me crazy.... literally at that. Heck, if I wasn’t mentally strong? Then who knows, I may have actually been swept by the oblivion’s flow.

But....

Smile.

I am not weak. And so, even when thousands of thoughts, thousands of emotions, and thousands of voices resonated in my mind, I...

Survive it. Though that has proved itself being a Little too much, actually.... to what degree, you ask?

Well.... let’s just say that for a second there, I really thought I was gone.... pretty weird, honestly... I mean, yeah, the pain sensitivity limit being removed was one thing, but.... this level of mental corruption.... that should not be something a mere Drive can do.... at least if it’s only the drive available, but I guess that’s for later, ha?

Thinking so, I close my eyes relaxing.

But anyway, as I was saying.... for a second, I was almost gone.... so much for Curse Sense, ha? Should not you call it, Curse Overdrive and get done with it?

I mean, seriously, that was close, super close... my death, that is..... and Curse too.

Though, again I am not one to just drown that easily, and so... I Survived, Yay.....

Though the main reason was probably Adaptation, I think? Oh, and yeah, there was this new skill too...

Fragmented Mind, a new skill that I acquired, and one that was the reason I was able to get out of this so quickly...

Simply put, this skill that was for some unknown reason acquired, was a kind of mental abnormality... a new one added to my list, but hmmm..... yeah, that can be left for later.... because what’s important is that this skill was exactly what I needed...

Thinking so, I open my eyes once again, before then smiling.

And yes, just as I thought. As long as I have this skill, then this endless stream of black is nothing much. And now, in case you are actually curious about this skill’s effect, then let’s just say that in midst of an endless black, it’s normal for a person to drown.... yup, it’s normal.... and so, it doesn’t apply to me...

Cough. Anyway, so as I said. if it’s normal, then the moment thousand of thoughts, thousands of voices, and thousand of feelings overwhelm you.... then, it’s game over. Your mind will be overwritten, and your whole consciousness will be corroded... But, fear not, for I found a solution, a simple one actually.... wanna know it? Hmmm, you want to? well alright.

The solution that I found, one to not get overwhelmed by thousand of thoughts is..... to break yourself, Tada.... pretty pathetic, right? Well, I don’t have a choice, honestly... I mean, it pretty much said it, no? That abnormalities were detected.....

Sigh.

So anyway, to seriously answer the question, then we will have to speak of the oblivion... a world of black, an endless current of thoughts and emotions...

So now as I said, if you were to normally get swept by it, you will naturally get overwhelmed as you try to comprehend it.... but you see, the thing is..... that’s just stupid.

Attempting to comprehend the black, and to understand the stream, that is. Like seriously.... how can a single person do that? How can a single person comprehend the endless and vast amount of thoughts and emotions at once? That’s just impossible, and so.... the trick to survive is to not do so.... instead, you should only look at a single part..... only at a single color from the ones mixed together.... do so, and you will survive.... temporarily, at least.

Yup, it’s just temporarily. Because as long as you are looking, then even if you were to close your eyes, you will still fail. And so, even if you try ignoring most of the voices, most of the feeling, and to focus only on a single color, you will still get swept.... simply because that’s what black is.... that’s what Oblivion is...

And so, instead of trying to face the black, and resist the emotion, a better solution would be to give up.... and no, I don’t mean to give in and lose yourself, no...

What I mean, is to give up on understanding it.... to give up on comprehending it.... otherwise, you will get swept.... and so, just give up on the black, and don’t try to understand it...

After all, if the black itself is nothing but a stream of fakes colors mixed together, then why should I try, right? And so, don’t seek to understand it, don’t seek to comprehend it, instead just remember...

That the black you see, is nothing but fragments mixed together.... and so, instead of focusing on the whole black, why don’t you focus on the fragments instead? Why don’t you try seeing the colors mixed inside? Why don’t you just break your view, and look directly at what you want, instead of the endless stream?

Because, if you do so, it will be much simpler... if you do so, it will be much easier.... finding what you want, that is...

And so, that’s my new skill, fragmented mind. It’s the ability to break my view of the black.... and then using its fragments, to show me the colors inside.... all, without me getting corrupted or swept. A pretty useful skill, I would say. So useful, that the moment, I acquired it, everything suddenly become too clear, that it was but a matter of time, until I escape the stream.... well if I wanted to, that is.

I mean, I am already here, right? So why give up now? Why throw all my previous work, right? Not to mention, I even acquired aura sense, a skill to recognize what’s mine, and what’s not...

So why give up now?

Thinking so, I smile. And then looking at the stream of colors surrounding me, I stretch my right hand...

ZzZZzZSH.

Before then drifting toward it.

ZzzZSsszH.

But, seriously what’s with this resistance? Can’t you just give up already?

Thinking so, I glance at the lightning sparks clashing between my hand and the colors, then at the black outside of my little space, as it tries to break inside, before then...

Forcing more power, as I try to get it...

That which I want.

CRACK.

When finally...

SHATTER.

That resistance brokes, and my hand caugh-

Fuuush.

Disintegrating sound.

“.....Ha?”

6