2: Angel
132 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My first impulse was to run away. My brain screamed that it was a bad idea, but too late, I had already started.

But it didn't take long for the silver man to tackle me down. My body slammed against the floor, almost breaking my ribs. I let out a groan of pain. This jerk was short, but his strength reminded me of the school bullies.

They filled the cauldron with a red liquid and strange herbs from different colors. The silver man tried to lift me, but I punched his damn face with all my strength. He flinched for a second but still seized my arms and dragged me toward the cauldron.

My first thought at that moment was my mom. What would she think if I never come back? She will believe I abandoned the house, or worse, that someone kidnapped me. She will be so sad. Thinking about her tore my heart. I couldn't let these bastards take me, not yet.

I headbutted the silver idiot, but his helmet got in the way. It hurt a lot, but I don't know why I kept doing it over and over again.

Until pain stopped me, no matter how much I struggled, he wouldn't let go of me.

A tear trailed down my cheek as resignation and frustration began to fill my body. They would kill me and eat my body. What did I do to deserve this?

Mom, I'm sorry, I won't be able to eat with you today.

Silence.

"What are you all doing?" a sweet yet firm voice called.

I opened my teary eyes and witnessed the most beautiful creature I had seen in that world.

"Princess, welcome!" that ass with the stupid name exclaimed. "You're just in time to witness the preparation of the most exotic meal we've had in years."

"What? No!" the princess yelled with a glare. "Put that creature down now!"

"But, princess!"

"I said NOW!"

Renanzkadyan rolled his black and pink eyes and gestured at the silver idiot to put me down. He dropped me on the floor. I felt so pathetic, weeping on the floor.

The princess looked around at the crowd with a disapproving glare, her felines eyes carmine and black. Gold and beige shades shone in her long hair with soft curls at the ends. Her dress was short and elegant; silver, and pitch black with odd blue flowers engraved in gold on her chest.

She stood in front of me, pity in her eyes. "Poor thing," she said in a soft like-velvet voice and caressed my cheek. It was humiliating, but for some reason, it calmed my heart. Even her fruity perfume was relaxing. "I heard you were forced to come here. Who would do such a thing?"

I wiped my tears and lifted my gaze at her. I almost got myself lost in her eyes but got a hold of myself. "I don't know," I mumbled. "All I can remember is that man asking for my help."

"It's ok. No one is going to hurt you now, small creature." Now she sounded like she was talking to a puppy. I bit my lips with shame and anger. I'm sure she wasn't doing it on purpose. Wherever I was, they had no regard for people like me. This was the most I could ask for.

"With all due respect, princess," Renanzkadyan started. "This creature was highly disrespectful of the realm. Stating he would bring shame and famine to our marvelous kingdom."

"The hell!" Words escaped my mouth. I wanted to punch that idiot. "That's a lie!"

"See?" He looked at me down his nose and motioned his fan. "Disgusting!" He looked away with disdain. He sounded like one of those snobbish ladies from my neighborhood.

"I'm afraid he might not be aware of his words, Duke Renanzkadyan." The princess smiled. "This must be a big misunderstanding. I'm glad Mara called me in time."

I glanced at the big woman. She was hiding a smile and blushing like a little girl.

"Mara, what were the small creature's words?" the princess asked.

"I have no business here," Mara replied and then grimaced.

The princess beamed at me and asked with an ice-cold voice. "Did you know the meaning of those words, small creature?"

For a moment, I felt like the sweet princess wouldn't hesitate to rip my heart out of my chest if I gave the wrong answer. I took a deep breath. "I thought I did before coming here, but I don't know the meaning in this world of yours." I hesitated for a moment. "I apologize. I meant no offense by it," I rushed to add.

"Understandable." She ruffled my hair. "To have a business in my kingdom means to bring a gift of peace and prosperity. No other-lander can step in our sacred land without a business. Not having a business here means to bring curses, war, and plagues. Which we need to eliminate immediately, otherwise we risk dooming our people."

"Princess. . . I didn't choose to come here. I was in my world, and all of sudden, I appeared here. All I want is to go home." I lowered my head and sighed. My brain hurt a lot.

"Don't worry. We'll find a way to send you back home." The princess stood up graciously and brushed a bang aside. "Myceas, please accompany our guest to the dormant chambers. See that he has something to eat and a bed to rest."

"At thou word, my princess Azulia." the silver man knelt and bowed to her. Hell, I wish they left me to rest in the forest. I didn't want to have that jerk nearby.

He took off his helmet, and two strands of white hair fell on his shoulders. I couldn't believe that weirdo was so young. He couldn't be much older than me. I was expecting a gross face, but he was oddly charming, which made my blood boil. He looked like a fantasy version of that dumb jock from school who every girl fell for.

"Please follow me, Kratian oddity." He stretched his hand at me, and I slapped it.

"That's not my name." I scowled at him.

"Oh, that's right," princess Azulia whirled to look at me, her dress dancing with her. "What is your name, small creature from otherland?"

"Mikka. My name is Mikka." My eyes focused on her weird yet mesmerizing eyes.

"Mikka thee name given," she said and then chuckled before walking away. Mara Kudra followed first, and then Reznakadyan.

"Mikka Kratian. Please follow me." Myceas stretched his hand at me again, and I slapped it again.

"What is this Kratian you keep calling me for? I'm not Kratian!" I shouted, standing up on my own.

He looked at me with surprise, as if I was asking the most stupid question on earth.

He scratched his snow hair and spoke, "Kratian is thou, an otherlander, a title of respect we Komarks of the realm shall use to address even the vilest of Zataiz."

I blinked. "What?"

Myceas exhaled with frustration. "In plebian words, thou shall comprehend, Kratian is the title we—"

"Ok, ok," I interrupted him before my head exploded. "I'll follow you. . ." There was resignation in my voice.

All I wanted was to eat mom's stew today. Instead, I have almost turned into stew myself.

This is why I hate Mondays.

*°*°*

0