14
93 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The sound of heels hitting the brick pavement echoed around the garden. The breathtakingly beautiful gown swayed with the wind as Arcane rushed away from the banquet hall, HEr hair which was tied up a while ago had opened up and it bounced on her back as she ran. Her face had a sour expression. She was biting her lips to the point that they had started bleeding.
Her face was pale and she looked like a fragile doll that would break if dealt with harshly.
Arcane was so immersed in her sorrow that she didn’t notice a brick missing in the pavement, she slipped because of the imbalance caused by the uneven surface and fell, She reflexively tried to stop her fall by putting out her hands in front of her but the distance between her and the pavement was so little that she could only save her face from hitting the pavement by holding her arms in the way.
She hit the rough surface of the pavement harshly, and she groaned painfully. Her head safely landed on her arms, But the other side of her arms got scratched. She pulled herself up while holding her hands against the pavement, her head was hanging and her hands were formed into fists, HEr hair dangling down as she stared at her clenched hands.
Drip--
A drop of warm tear landed on her fist,
Sob...Sob...Sob.
Arcane whimpered lightly, trying to keep her voice as low as possible. She knew that there was no one around her but she still didn’t want to be seen like this by anyone.
“I thought it wasn’t going to hurt...I thought I would just go with the flow easily but...But.”
Arcane’s grieving voice broke. “Why does it hurt in here?”
Arcane lightly punched her chest. She was feeling stuffy inside her chest.
“I know I am not the main character but why are you treating me like a punching bag!!...Sob*”
“It hurts!!... I am hurt!! Why does no one care about me?” Arcane couldn’t hold in her sorrow.
“I don’t feel like a human anymore!! I feel like I am an object!! They are using me however they please!! They are worse than villains!!”
Arcane continued to hit her stuffy chest to relieve the aching grief.
“I want to go back!! I don’t want to be here anymore!!” She screamed out painfully. “If only I was a commoner! If only I was a worthless maid I would have lived freely!! If only I could be free!!,” Her bitter whimpers filled the night with sorrow. She was devastated to the point that she wanted to die with her own hands, at least that way she could decide her own future.
Snap*
Arcane heard the sound of a twig breaking, Followed by a pair of heavy footsteps that slowly approached her.
‘Who is that?’ Arcane felt uneasy and her body stiffened. she dared not to look up at who it was. Slowly the steps drew nearer and stopped just before Arcane’s fallen body. Arcane felt like her skin was burning up under the stare. But then the person crouched down before her. Her head was a few inches away from him, she felt the person’s warm breath blow away her black hair gently.
Arcane gulped in her uneasiness but before she could look up she heard the person speak.
“You are hurt.” The voice was deep and plain at the same time. It sounded distant and unemotional.
Arcane gasped and looked up to see who it was, she lifted her head and her eyes met a pair of tired cyan eyes staring at her with an empty gaze.
“I wonder how you got hurt there...” He continued in the same dry tone, his face expressionless as if he was reciting a boring poem. His golden hair dimly shines under the moonlight, he was pointing at her arm which was red.
“there…” he pointed at her neck…
“there…” then pointed his finger at her red eyes.
“And there…'' Finally, he pointed at her heart. “I wonder who hurt you there…”
Arcane stared at him speechlessly, She knew who he was but she wasn’t sure why he was there? He wasn’t supposed to appear in the story now.
The guy who was crouching before Arcane, who sounded like a cold breeze was Vasilias NErova the crown prince of Ohaeria. He was known as a psychopath because he was a merciless and emotionless person. He had been cursed since birth that he would not feel any emotion and he will live like a beast forever. The curse made him an insensitive person who killed people for fun, and shedding blood was a sport for him. He only melted in front of the female lead because she taught him how to feel. Saorsa was the one who melted this cold block of ice with her spring-like personality.
Arcane was in her deep thoughts when she felt an icy cold touch on her cheek.
“That is warm…is that a tear?” he asked, he sounded fascinated by the fact that tears were warm, unlike his fingertips which were cold as ice.
Arcane was pulled back into reality she shrugged herself and maintained a distance. Vasilisa’s hand was left in midair. He looked surprised by the sudden hostile behavior from Arcane’s side.
“Apologies to your Imperial Highness, I have sinned by making you look at such an unpleasant site on such a happy day,” Arcane mumbled. “I will be on my way then,” Arcane pushed the ground and tried to get up but she felt light-headed and was about to collapse again when Vasilias held onto her hand and stopped her from falling.
When Arcane successfully stood up, Vasillias let go of her hand as if he knew she was uncomfortable because of it. And just like a bird who had been set free Arcane flew away without looking back. Vasilias stared at her figure and disappeared into the night with empty eyes.
“They say you cry when you are hurt...That means she is hurt.” Vasilias with his plain voice muttered those words and rubbed his chest lightly, where he felt something burning up.
7