17
75 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an empty dark room, Arcane opened her eyes. She looked around but saw nothing.

“Okay now! This is getting out of hand!! I should stop waking up in these weird places!” She got on her feet and took a step. The sound of her steps echoed, the place was empty. 

“Hello!!” Her voice reverberated and there was no response.

“Haha! This is creepy but it is fun!!” Arcane chuckled lightly and started making odd sounds with her mouth. 

It was fun at first but the darkness made Arcane feel cold. She rubbed her arms and shrank herself. 

“Excuse me!! Darkness! Why am I stuck here?” Arcane asked.

 

“Hello?!! Is anybody here?” 

Arcane jumped in fright, there was another voice coming from a distance. The echoes grew closer and Arcane shuddered. 

 

“Who is that?” Arcane spoke defensively.

“Who is that?” Asked the other voice.

 

“Show yourself!” Both of them spoke together.

 

“Stop repeating whatever I say!” Both of them spoke monotonously.

 

‘Okay! I am not speaking …’ Arcane closed her mouth and waited for the person to speak but there was no sound from the otherside as well. Arcane took a step closer to the source of the voice and she heard the footsteps of the other person too. The sound grew louder and louder until Arcane’s extended hands touched something warm. She jumped in fear. 

 

“Are you a person?” Asked the other voice.

“Yes, What about you?” Arcane asked. 

“It seems like I am,” She replied. “Oh wait! How silly of me,” The voice of the girl was soft, Arcane could swear she had heard that voice but wasn’t quite sure where. “I can use magic,” She chuckled and slowly a ball appeared in thin air. It emitted a dim grey light. Arcane looked up at the light with mesmerizing eyes, The ball slowly increasing in size and the light became brighter. The other person who was quite used to magic stood like a statue when she saw Arcane. 

“You...You are.” 

When Arcane heard the breaking voice she looked at the girl standing before her. Her heart skipped a beat, Under the increasing light she saw blood red eyes and a snow whie face, her cherry red lips twitching with shock. It was Arcane.

 

“Ahhh!!!” JOy screamed loudly when she saw Arcane before her eyes, WHat was more surprising that she too was Arcane. 

“Why? Why are you here?” Arcane (2) Screamed with fright. 

 

“That is my question! WHy are you here? And why am I here? Am I dreaming?” Joy was getting odd grumbles in her stomach. 

 

“This is the waiting port, Where the dead characters stay until they are reborn into another character’s body.” Arcane spoke slowly, HEr hands trembled lightly. “Did you die?” She asked Joy.

“Huh?” Joy was speechless. “What are you talking about? What do you mean dead characters?” 

“You died again? Who killed you? Was it Iroas? Or was it Symon this time?” Arcane asked desperately. “But you just entered the body, how can you die so soon? 

Joy who was completely zoned out suddenly looked up at Arcane.

 

 “Just got into the body? You know that I was inside your body?” Asked Joy.

 

“Yes, I knew, It’s because that’s how this place works, one character dies the other replace them and then the story starts again,” Arcane hurriedly spoke 

 

 Was Joy just a character?” Asked Joy with disbelief, she suddenly had a realization.

 

“I see you are a new character. You don’t know how this works,” said Arcane in a soft voice. “When one side character dies, he/she is transported to another story. That’s the fate of us villains.” 

 

“US? I was a villain?” Joy asked with surprise.

 

“You were Joy RIder before this right?” Asked Arcane. Joy gave her a slight nod.

“I think you haven't read your story yet,” Arcane asked.

“I haven’t.” Joy was petrified, she wasn’t able to move a muscle because of the shock. “ Joy Rider was the daughter of Samuel Rider, He was the main villain of the story, He killed Daisy’s Family who was the Protagonist of the story. Daisy took revenge by killing off the villain's family..” Arcane twisted her fingers while she spoke. 

 

“But that is not the truth! I was not a villain, I never did anything to hurt someone.” She protested. 

“Neither did I, I was falsely accused of poisoning Saorsa. But as a villainess, I had to die so the protagonist could have a happy ending.” Arcane spoke in a broken voice.

 

“Hah! So does that mean we have to live just so we could die the next day? That is our wretched fate.” Joy spoke sarcastically. 

 

“No...You can change the story, Any character can do that, but it's not easy. I tried but before I could see the result of my efforts I was killed.” Arcane blinked with her tearful eyes. 

“You can become the protagonist of the story or someone that doesn’t die in the end, That is the only way you can change your fate,” said Arcane. 

 

“But Joy! WHy are you here? There can’t be more than one dead character on the port, BEfore the train arrives let me send you back or you will disappear forever,” Arcane held Joy’s hand and she looked concerned. Unlike the villainess, Arcane was portrayed as Arcane looked like a kind fairy. 

“I don’t know...I passed out when I was talking to Soarsa,” Said Joy.

 

“If you weren’t killed by one of the three ML’s, then I can help you go back.” Arcane smiled lightly. 

“Why are you like this? I thought you were evil,”

“I haven’t met the other villain characters but I have never done anything to harm others,” Said Arcane. 

“ Do you not hate it that you are just a puppet?” JOy asked.

 

“I do, EVen when they erase your memory of your past self, the pain doesn’t leave your side, It comes back in your dreams...So, I will change my life this time, I have made up my mind! This time I will stay alive!” Arcane spoke with determination. “And so should you.” She added. 

 

“I will,” Joy replied softly.

“And before I send you back...I have a little gift for you.” Arcane grinned. She lifted her hand and pressed her finger against Joy’s forehead.

“This was something I discovered too late, I hope this helps you.” Said Arcane. 

“What are you doing?” asked Joy.

“Breaking the magical seal…” She winked. “ARcane’s magic was sealed by her birth parents so she wouldn’t get used by people as she was born with...Black magic.” Arcane whispered into Joy’s ear. “The rarest magic of them all.” Arcane’s musical voice rang in Joy’s ear. 

Joy felt lightheaded and she was slowly drifted  into unconsciousness,

6