24
46 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hoho!! It’s been two long days and I am still in one piece!! Should I celebrate a little?” Arcane strolled around the imperial library and rubbed her hands, HEr mood was very good because she hadn’t seen nor heard of any of the book characters. 

 

She was in the library just now because Darius thought that she might fancy the new romantic book that had come out this spring, YOung noble ladies were dying to get a copy but it wasn’t easy to get one. Arcane, who was getting sour treatment from her current situation, thought that it might be a good idea to read some of the new flashy romance novels and cheer up. As she walked around the library the cat too followed her closely and kept a sharp eye on the shelves. 

MEow!!

A sharp cry of the cat entered Arcane’s ears and she jumped in fright. She looked around and didn’t see the kitten anywhere. “Hey! Quit messing around in the library!... Where are you?” She was frowning while looking around for the cat. It had been a few days since she had found the cat but their relationship had built up to the point that they were way too frank with each other. 

“Where are you?” Arcane called out while looking around.

‘MEow!

The sound came from above, Arcane looked up at the tall shelf and out of nowhere, a book fell. The cat had aimed for her nose and it landed perfectly there.

“Ouch!!!” Arcane shouted, “My Nose!” She crouched down and grabbed her nose as she groaned in pain. Warm liquid oozed out of her nose,  

Arcane’s eyes flashed with murderous instinct and she looked up at the shelves and the cat shamelessly pushed another book at Arcane that she dodged skillfully.

“WHat has gotten into you? Are you trying to take the spot of the main characters and are planning to murder me with your own hands?...” 

Arcane’s bloody hands clenched into a fist and she stood at a distance from the shelf to avoid any more accidents. 

“Wait till I get my hands on you, I will skin you alive.” 

 She grumbled and rubbed her nose that was hurting badly. 

“May I help you with something? ” A displeased voice came from behind Arcane. She looked around to see a long-haired guy in a black robe standing beside the shelf holding onto a thick leather book. At first, the guy seemed to have come with the thought to throw Arcane out of the library but when he saw her bleeding nose his eyes widened, and the book he was holding slipped out of his hand.

“You are bleeding!” His lips wide open, “How did this happen?” He handed over his handkerchief to Arcane.

“Nothing...Just these books fell off the shelf and hit me in the nose.” Arcane laughed it off.

“Book?” His eyebrow lifted and he looked up at the empty bookshelves behind Arcane.

“Yes! These books.” She pointed at the dark leather books lying a few inches away from her feet. 

He looked into Arcane’s eyes and then at the floor. He was bewildered by the odd actions of Arcane.

“There is nothing over here.” He pointed at the same place where Arcane was pointing.

‘Huh? Is he blind? How can he not see these huge books?’ 

 

“I think you have been here for a long time, You should head back, I will send the most recent copies of the trending novels to your room,” 

‘Get out of here you creep!’ Arcane saw those words painted on the Librarian's face.

“Are you telling me that you don’t see these books? Nor do you see those that are behind me?” Arcane pointed at the weird-looking bookshelf and asked.

 

“Stop asking him...A person like him can’t see what you can see.” someone spoke in a grave yet playful tone, Arcane looked around and saw the cat peeking out through the books, It looked bigger,

“Gosh!! Can you talk?” Arcane’s eyes widened and she held her heart. 

“What?” The librarian was confused.

“Why are you not surprised? A cat is talking!!” her face grew paler, She was holding herself from crying out.

“I will get the imperial physician right now! I am sure he will have a cure for you!” The librarian ran after saying those words. Arcane was petrified. She looked back at the cat who was yet again deciding which book to throw off the self.

“You! What are you?...WHy can only I see you?” She stepped as far away as possible, Her back touched the shelf opposite to the one where the cat was. 

“Sigh!... I was going to stay silent but I can’t take in your stupidity anymore!” The cat stretched its paws and looked down upon Arcane.

“Speak so I can understand you.” 

She stood up straight and acted confident. The cat poked its head out of the shelf and purred gently. Its eyes fixed on Arcane’s frightened frame. The cat leaped off the shelf, Arcane followed its fall, and just as it landed on the floor a pair of black boots appeared. A tall shadow formed before Arcane in the blink of an eye. He was a young-looking boy with paper-white skin and long black hair tied into a ponytail. He wore a black leather outfit. His eyes were so deep red that it made Arcane’s eyes look like a squashed tomato. She gulped in her saliva and continued staring at the masterpiece.

‘This guy is more handsome than all the ML’s combined! How on earth did the author not mention him in the story?’ Arcane was busy drooling all over her in her head.

“Tsk! How did I end up with a pervert like you?” He clicked his tongue and looked at Arcane with a pathetic look in his eyes. He crouched down and picked up the books he had thrown on her a while ago and pasted them against Arcane’s chest.

“What do you want me to do with these?” Asked Arcane.

“After observing you for a few days I have realized if I want to live I have to teach you some skills or I will never know when I die.” 

“What does my death have to do with you?” Arcane blinked foolishly.

 

“I Am your contracted animal!! If you die! I die! Did you already forget about me?” He stepped towards Arcane with anger, 

“Hah!... I have amnesia.” She replied with a forceful grin. “I am doomed! I was sure I saw a potential master in you when you were young but what on earth happened to you in the past few years when I was sealed?” HE pondered deeply. Arcane blinked blankly at him waiting for him to explain everything to her. 

“Forget it! I don’t want to waste my words on some idiot like you!” He stepped away.

 

‘Seems like there is another person who doesn’t like me! The list keeps on getting longer and longer.’ Arcane looked down at the books in her hand, 

“So I have to read them?”

“No! You have to water them!” Replied the cat sarcastically.

“Haha! You are so funny!... What I meant was if I read them, would I be able to learn magic? Like the hocus pocus one?” Arcane asked with twinkling eyes, 

 

“Why aren’t you answering…” (Bump)

He stopped suddenly, and Arcane hit his back, her nose that had stopped bleeding a while ago started to drip blood again.

“Aoo!” Arcane groaned. 

The cat boy’s ears perked up as if he had detected something.

“Tsk! Look at that messy face! I wonder what would he think when he sees you like that,” He mumbled before pinching her nose. Arcane was ready to scream but it didn’t hurt one bit, and her nose was not painful anymore.

“I will hold onto these for now!” He pulled out the books and jumped out of the nearest window.

“Hey! COme back! Where are your manners?” She shouted but there was no one outside, 

“Who is it?...”

Arcane froze at the words that came from behind. 

3