9
96 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Cough! Cough! Cough!...
“Water!” She spoke in a dry voice.
‘Someone please get me some water!’
Arcane mumbled lightly, her oral cavity was so dry that the air she breathed in pricked her harshly.
“Here!”
Arcane felt something cold touch her lips, She parted her lips and cold water poured into her forever-dry mouth. She drank up the water hastily and opened her eyes,
“Get me some more,” before seeing where she was and who was giving her water she focused on water only.
Blanca ran back to pour Arcane another glass of water.
After Arcane had gulped in two jugs of water, she realized that she was back in the palace room.
“Blanca! Is that you?!” She looked at Blanca’s red eyes, she looked like she had cried for a long time. She was the only person in this entire world who cared for her. “Wait! What is wrong with my voice?” Arcane noticed that her voice sounded hoarse and dry.
“Princess!! What happened to you? You must be scared by now right?” Blanca started weeping.
“What are you talking about? I am okay! See...Ssk!” Arcane’s eyebrows knotted when she suddenly moved her head around. She noticed that her neck was wrapped with white bandages.
“That! I completely forgot about that!!”
“Blanca! Bring me a mirror hurry up!``said Arcane urgently.
“Huh?” Blanca stood like a statue in front of Arcane.
“Hurry up I said!” Arcane repeated her words.
A few moments later Blanca came back with a palm-size mirror, “Here,” She handed it over to Arcane.
“Oh, God! Why have they wrapped a whole blanket around my neck! It’s so itchy!” Arcane mumbled.
She placed the mirror on the bed and slowly started to unwrap the bandage.
“PRINCESS!! What are you doing?!” Blanca tried to stop Arcane.
“Blanca! Calm down, I am just trying to see something…”
‘As far as I know from reading the book. Soarsa had light magic with which she can heal people! But why the hell did it hurt like that when she was trying to heal me? I have to see if my wounds are healed or not!’ Arcane thought to herself as she unwrapped the bandage. The last bit of the bandage was very painful to remove as the wounds were still fresh. She picked up the mirror again and glanced at her bloody neck with knitted eyebrows.
“Was this that big? I thought it was a small cut.” As Arcane scanned her neck she noticed that the scar that should have been only on the front of her neck had extended way back. And the bruises had become prominent as well.
“Princess! If you are done seeing the wounds let me wrap them up again or it will leave a scar.” HEr worried voice made Arcane sad and she gave her a nod. ‘Something is fishy! Why did the wounds grow bigger and why did it hurt so much at that time.’ Arcane thought while Blanca brought in a new bandage.
“Princess! What if it leaves a scar? YOu won’t be able to get married if that happens!!” Blanca whined. “I hate that woman! How can she do something like that to another woman?” Blanca muttered.
“Woman? WHo?” Arcane asked with surprise.
“The woman who tried to assassinate you in the forest! Don’t you remember?...No that is great that you don’t remember her, I am glad the Emperor decided to kill her,”
“What are you talking about? What woman? And who was about to kill me?”
Arcane Pushed Blanca’s hand away and got off the bed in a hurry, she felt like her heart was sinking because she didn’t want to believe what her mind had understood.
“The 40th Candidate! She tried to kill you in the forest after kidnapping you. But don’t worry the Emperor has sentenced her to death,”
“DEath! That can’t be!”
‘NO! Soarsa did nothing wrong! Why is she getting punished and above all why is this even happening? Shouldn’t she live till the end of the story?...’
“Blanca! I need to meet the Emperor, Soarsa is innocent, she is the one who saved me from dying!” Arcane spoke loudly, “I have to tell the Emperor the truth.” Arcane rushed over to the door without caring for her exposed wounds and her casual sleeping outfit that was a white silk gown with a cream robe on the top. She had no slippers on and she didn’t even realize it.
‘If anything happens to Soarsa my end will be the next thing that will follow! I can’t let that happen, I can’t die like that!’ Arcane was being selfish but that was the only thing she could do because unlike Soarsa who had everyone, she was alone here, the only thing she owned was a life that was petty in other’s eyes but for her, it was a gift she had received she couldn’t waste it like that.
“Princess! Don’t run like that!! You will fall!” Blanca shouted but all the voices had gone numb to Arcane and the only thing she could hear was her death calling to her.
The Hortus Palace was close to the imperial palace and it was not that hard to get there but the real problem was to get to meet the Emperor, meeting the emperor was in itself a problem… And just like that Arcane was stopped at the entrance of the Palace.
“State Your Business!” said the guards who had stopped her in her steps.
“I have to meet the emperor,” She replied.
“Do you think meeting the emperor is that easy? BE gone before someone sees you here,” They answered with a sour voice.
“But I have to see him! It’s urgent!’ Arcane desperately pleaded, but the guards didn’t care.
“What is going on here?” someone spoke from behind her.
“Imperial Chancellor! This lady here is making a ruckus,” Said one of the guards.
“LAdy?” He lifted one of his eyebrows and glanced at the girl in the cream-colored robes.
“Princess!! What are you doing here? And why are you in such a condition?” He was the guy that Arcane had met on the first day to the palace.
“Princess?!” The guard repeated the words with shock. They glanced at the pale girl whose neck was trickling blood.
“I have to meet the Emperor! He has gotten the situation wrong...I have to explain it before things get out of hand.” Arcane replied to the Chancellor.
“I will do as you say but before that let us get you treated, YOur wounds shouldn’t be exposed like that.”
“No please, just a few minutes after that I will return to my palace and my maid will take care of me,” said Arcane.
After insisting for a long time the Chancellor decided to listen to her pleas and took her to the emperor’s office.
“Princess, wait outside for a moment, I will ask his majesty for permission.” Said the chancellor and went inside the grand room.
Arcane waited outside the room, trying to keep her sanity in one piece.
6