Chapter 1
1.5k 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mother came and picked me up from my fathers house yesterday, it was my first time seeing her.  My father never told me much about her, but then suddenly decided that I should be with her instead of him. She had a tall, slender figure with long, blonde hair and emerald green eyes. Her chest was most pronouned in her suit. Even though it wasn't particularly large, the tightness of it made it the point of focus, giving it a hint of lewdness to it.

She drove to us with a Mercedes, giving me an awkward greeting but completely ignoring my dad, who sat dejectedly at the coffee table in the living room, pretending to be unaffected by me leaving him so suddenly.

"You must be Naoto then, good to meet you. I assume you don't remember me?" She asked.

"Not really." I bluntly answered.

She didn't follow up with anything, just looking at my bag and nudging her head toward the direction of the car, indicating to leave. My life changed just within those few moments, all that was familiar is now in the past, as I follow this unfamiliar woman. It's a shame I couldn't bring along any of my experiments, but they're not meant for the public eye.

So I buried them. 

I can always make new ones, anyways. It's not much of a loss.

I decided to speak to my mother, who balnkly stared out the window as she drove.

"Your name?"

"He didn't tell you?"

"No."

"Ayumi."

"..."

"..."

We kept sitting in silence, both lacking the charisma to get a conversation going.

The silence is nice...

We rode for a while, until we reacher her house. It was much bigger than my fathers'.

"This is your new home from now on. I have prepared your room, tomorrow I'll bring all your clothes and such from... back there."

She didn't seem to like dad very much.

"Okay."

She let me inside, and I could see how big it was from the inside. Enough space to probably be able to house 12 people.

"We'll be spending a lot of time together here from now on."

"Okay."

I don't mind that.

"But why?" I couldn't help ask, catching her off guard.

"Because I changed, I want to become a better mother."

Lame excuse.

"Alright."

She told me after that to wait inside the living room, and that she'll make breakfast for the two of us. So I did, the couch felt comfy. As I sat around I made some plans to reinstall my laboratory, if possible. After a while she came with 2 plates of food, held awkwardly. She looked like she was at her first day of work in a restaurant.

The food was edible. Who cares?

"So, what things are you interested in?" she asked me.

"Research. I like that." I replied.

Research is very fun, it's also very underrated. 

"What kinds?"

"Every kind. Research is good for the brain."

I think she meant something else, her expression seemed a little strange when I said that.

"What things have you researched?" she went on.

"Demon summonings, genetic mutations, muscle tissue growth, bone fracturing. Other stuff too."

"..."

She wasn't sure how to reply to me.

Again that weird expression, annoying.

"And what do you interested in?" I asked her back. Courtesy.

She started to brighten her expression a little.

"I quite enjoy romantic novels, especially atmospheric ones."

"Why's that?"

"I can't explain it very well... I guess I enjoy the journey alongside the characters."

"..."

"..."

"I'm not into books."

"..."

After breakfast, she showed me my room. It was fully decorated with paintings, posters, a desk, all that nonsense. She left me to my own devices there.

Now then, what to do first?

 

 

 

17