Act 1 Chapter 4: Mistake were made
1.3k 8 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nawin-"What did you do to my arm!?"

Nawin lunge toward Nasari, slugging his right hand toward Nasari face. Right before his fist reaches Nasari, an ivy vine emerges behind Nawin and restrain his right hand while pulling him backward.

Nawin-"What the!?"

While Nawin is raging in an attempt to break free of the ivy vine, a familiar-looking guy with dark violet hair descends from the stairs and walks past Nawin, he glances at Nawin's furious face and gives off a sigh.

???-"Sigh, what the hell are you doing Nawin, it's bad enough that you causing trouble all the time but now you are picking on the new transfer student?"

Nawin-"Why do you care huh!? Get me off your vine so I can teach this bitch a lesson!"

???-"Idiot, I just saved you back there, take a look at her eye, I don't know what that is but I have a hunch you were about to lose your right hand too."

Nawin-"Huh!?"

Nawin then takes a glance at Nasari face, it's only then he realizes that Nasari's eye is no longer glowing in gold but an eerie crimson red glow. While staring into Nasari's crimson eye, Nawin suddenly felt a cold chill down his spine, his instinct is telling him to run immediately. As his body begins to shiver in fear, Nasari's face turns from a smile to a serious look as he glances over at the guy next to Nawin, she then inspects him and also uses the chances to check his nametag.

Nasari-"Hmm, Akechi huh."

Akechi-"That's right, I believe we have met this early morning, never did expect to meet you again so soon."

Akechi then glances at Akari that's still covering behind Nasari, suddenly his face turns into that a disappointed look.

Akechi-"It's good that you have found a friend Akari, but I see that you are still the same as ever, covering behind someone and relying on their protection."

Akari-"......"

Akechi-"Well whatever, you guys should head on over to the cafeteria while there's still time, I will bring this disgrace to the infirmary."

He then drags Nawin away using the vine, Nawin did not struggle this time, letting Akechi dragging him off while still having the look of fear on his face. Nasari then grabs Akari's hand and descends the stairs.

Nasari-"Let's go."

Akari-"Umm...your eye."

Nasari-"Oh, sorry."

Nasari's pupil then reverts to pink color.

 

At the infirmary...

Nawin is sitting on a chair while Akechi is looking around the room for the school nurse.

Akechi-"Hmm...looks like the school nurse is not here at the moment, guess you have to wait for a while."

Staring at his gold hand, Nawin starts to sweat profusely as his mind flashback to the moment where he stares into Nasari's crimson pupil.

Akechi-"What's wrong?"

Nawin-"That eye...you felt the danger too right...that's why you pulled me back..."

Akechi-"Indeed, seems like our new transfer student is not a simple person at all."

He claims as he pushes up his spectacle to adjust it.

 

*Clark!*

The sound of the infirmary door opening is heard, a middle-aged woman in a nurse outfit then enters the room and approaches the duo.

Nurse-"Hmm? What's wrong? Did Nawin-Kun get into a fight again?"

Akechi-"Well I won't really call it a fight, but can you take a look at his left hand."

Nurse-"Let's see what we have here...oh my!"

The nurse is shocked as she inspects Nawin's golden arm, she then grabs hold of the arm and chants magic onto it.

Nurse-"Identify curse."

A green line with rune scripture appear around the golden hand wrist and circle around it, after a while, the Nurse has a serious look on her face as she dispels the magic.

Nurse-"This is no ordinary curse here, whoever you pissed off has placed a curse that latches onto your soul itself."

Nawin-"Wha-what do that mean?"

Akechi-"Pay attention during class Nawin, the curse placed on your hand is one of those spells that were thought to be lost in history long ago, it's known that at the end of the Holy War in year 396, our founder herself spared Leonidas but placed a curse that latched onto his soul cursing him and his descendant. As we all have learned from history, the curse makes it that Leonidas and his descendant will only able to have one child ever, if his descendant ever dies or passed away without having a child, his family line will forever be gone."

Nawin-"Surely...surely there's some way to remove the curse right? Right!?"

Nurse-"Yes there is, there's two actually."

Nawin-"Please! Please help me remove the curse, I can't win the competition with just one arm!"

Akechi-"I hate to say this but please help him, he is wild and brainless most of the time but we do need him on the upcoming martial competition."

Nurse-"Well the problem is, whenever the curse can be removed is up to Nawin-Kun, the first way that one can remove a soul latched curse is to die with it."

Akechi-"Obviously that's not an option here, what's the other method?"

Nurse-"The other method is to get the caster to dispel the curse itself, only the curse caster themself can remove a soul latching curse."

Akechi-"...you know what to do now, what an idiot."

Nawin-"I...I can't, just thinking about her reminds me of the fear from staring into her eye."

Akechi-"I can help you summon her to the student council later, the rest is up to you, in any case, follow me to the student council for now."

Nawin then gets up from the chair and follows after Akechi, before they leave the infirmary, Akechi turns around and bows to the school nurse.

Akechi-"Thanks for the help, we will be leaving now."

Nurse-"No problem~ Stay out of trouble alright Nawin-Kun!"

 

 

 

 

49