6- Spin! Spin! Spin!
667 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-At the periphery of White Blossom County.

The dirt roads were rugged and uneven. A lone horse trudged upon it, dragging along the carriage behind its back. The carriage had simple black adornments. The driver was a middle-aged man with a potbelly. He had a thin whisker-like moustache and small eyes that looked like he was asleep.

The driver was just peacefully guiding the carriage as it moved slowly from the depths of the mountains. The sides of the small dirt path were surrounded by trees filled with thigh-high grass and shrubbery. The only sounds came from the carriage wheels rolling and horse hoove's stomping.

There was one particular mountain in the distance that arched high above the rest. Several cliffs could be spotted even from the distance, ensuring only a small path could reach its peak. The peak itself was not barren, several buildings and pagodas could be seen from even from hundreds of miles. Outsiders who looked from afar could easily recognize this place. The Thousand Blossom Sect.

A sudden arrow flew from between the trees, it was targetted at the horse!

Swoosh

The arrow missed its target by a hairsbreadth.

“What are you idiots doing! Shoot it down!”

A rough voice sounded. 

The sound of bows being drawn could be heard from the distance.

A bandit jumped out from the shadows as the axe above his head quickly descended upon the seemingly unaware driver.

The axe had a blood-red glint as great force descended upon the head of the driver.

The morbid scene of the driver's head splitting apart, similar to a watermelon being smashed apart.

Such thought flashed through the minds of the other bandits as six arrows flew out targeting the carriage.

Yet, it did not happen.

The axe was an inch away from the driver. What lies in between them was merely a single finger!

Flick

The axe experienced a great force pushing back against it, swinging back to its wielder. 

The arrows themselves have diverted once again, launching towards the surrounding trees.

The bandit axe wielder felt the force of the axe press back against his body as he flew back several metres until he was pinned onto the tree. 

The very axe he used against the driver caved into his face and buried into the tree behind! The limbs struggled for moments before slowly drooping limply.

Soft gasps could be heard from the surrounding. Ruffling sounds could be heard as it slowly retreated into the distance.

“So much trash lying around, how filthy.”

A slow and quiet voice echoed as a sigh was released. The driver raised his index finger once again, pointed at the trees from where the ambusher came from.

Swipe

The surrounding trees were torn from their trunks. The area in front was a 30-metre patch of desolation.

The surroundings became quiet, nothing else was heard besides a horse carriage moving into the distance.

~~

The Opulent Fragrance Pavilion is the largest restaurant in White Blossom City. It also houses the Hundred Blossom House which also contained the most renowned courtesans in the entire kingdom.

It was widely acclaimed to be the most popular entertainment house, easily dwarfing over even famous shops in the Xin Capital!

At the entrance of this renowned establishment were eight youths. Liu Mushang had apparently managed to reserve a spot today.

It was a rare opportunity. Liu Xun had never ever the chance to enter before. He had been too poor!

A single room with a meal would easily cost several silver taels which would be several months of living expense back in the small home. 

There was no way his father Liu Feng would be able to waste such money, considering he would also spend the effort to help his neighbours and even strangers before spoiling himself.

The inside of this restaurant mixed entertainment house was extravagant. Golden lanterns floated on the ceiling, jade could be seen decorating several ornaments and decorations and even the pillars and furniture were made of expensive mahogany. The tables were fitted with red silken table cloths that seemed spotless as if they were replaced after each meal.

The Opulent Fragrance Pavilion was bustling as lively as ever. There could also be the stringing of a guqin be heard in the distance. The melody that was being played was familiar to Liu Xun. Apparently, the GuanXin Knowledge Pill could even give information on certain levels and types of guqin songs! 

The variety of knowledge obtained from the pill is rather impressive!

The melody and tune were slow and sombre as if playing a tune of eternal fated separation between lovers. It was a popular tune known as Threading Eternity as Seasons Pass. It was obviously made by and for cultivators who are experienced in the guqin. 

The level of the player may seem impressive to the layman. To Liu Xun who knows the true potential of the song, it was like comparing an ant to a phoenix if compared to the original guqin player.

The eight youths were guided by the waiter to a private lounge where there was a circular spin table with eight stools. As the food has already been booked previously, the dishes were already being prepared one by one as the wine is being served. This is the extravagance and top quality service which the restaurant and entertainment house prided themselves with.

The youths began to take their seats and waited to be served upon. The melody slowly came to an end, which was followed by strong applause from the surrounding.

"Ahaha, Lady Qin is so impressive!"

"Lady Qin has a lot of talent with the guqin! This one admires in awe."

"It is a blessing to hear Lady Qin's peerless performance."

Many praises can be headed as the entire house was drowning in compliments for the female performer who was previously performing at the upper level.

By this time, some dishes were slowly being served like herb boiled quail egg soup, century egg porridge and seven treasure glazed pork slices.

All the other genius youths were still busy engaging in talks with regard to cultivation.

Muyue seems to be talking to those two twins dressed in blue robes and the other young lady huh. I guess that would be Wanyi and Waner along with Ruoxue. Then, the chubby guy besides Mushang must probably be Langsheng then.

Liu Xun's thoughts wandered as his gaze slowly locked onto the dishes on the table. Not mentioning how Liu Xun has never had the chance to taste such delicacies, talks about cultivation when he has not even reach qi gathering is like playing guqin in front of an ox. Such a person can not fully appreciate its content!

Looking at food, the saliva was already gathering in Liu Xun's mouth.

I can't wait to taste them! Can we begin feasting already?

The Million Suns is bored. She wants you to spin the wheel.

Just give me a break great one, I will find you a sign in place soon.

The Million Suns wants you to spin the wheel.

Liu Xun chose to ignore the message. He had more important things to settle.

Spin!

Spin!

Spin!

The Million Suns has chose to sign-in for you. Signing in.

What!? Are there no more human rights anymore?

The Million Suns laughs and says that the weak has no rights.

By now Liu Xun was already panicking.

Shit, what should I do!

The other geniuses are still in a conversation and it would be bad if I drew out something that alerted everyone!

Especially in the middle of the city!

There...really is nothing I can do!

Liu Xun has accepted the fate that his sign-in reward will be broadcasted throughout the four corners of White Blossom City at this point. Even the city magistrate would hear it this time.

Liu Xun's first sign-in occurred at the periphery of the city, it therefore only covered the Liu Family's residence and the surrounding neighbours. Now, the message was being broadcasted from the heart of the city. What bad luck!

[Congratulations Host Liu Xun for signing in at the “Opulent Fragrance Pavilion”. You have obtained the blue prize - Frost Yin Serenity Sword!]

Crap, it seems to be something decent this time around.

A thin silver-white sword descended before Liu Xun. The grain of the blade resembled fine silvery-blue serpents that seem to seamlessly match each other, dancing in the reflection of the light. The guard was intricately designed, with a deep blue sapphire embedded into the centre. The grip was covered with a silver silk-like leather. The sword may seem to have no scabbard, but that is because there is a faint translucent glass-like cover surrounding it.

The Frost Yin Serenity Sword is not a unique one-of-a-kind earth or heaven-grade treasure. However, it is still a famed sword among Essence Foundation female sword cultivators. It may not have the highest performance for that level, but it sure looked the best for its level.  The sword was a great draw by Liu Xun's books no doubt, the problem is that everyone can see it.

The group that was engaged in conversation stopped, the guqin player stopped, the audience was also mum, the entire pavilion was looking at the 16-year-old youth who was beside the silver-white sword.

Liu Mushang Affection +100

Liu Ruanfeng Affection -1000

Liu Muyue Affection +1000

Liu Wanyi Affection +1000

Mu Ronglang Affection -100

Qin Yeqian Affection +1000

Xin Xuemei Affection +1000

Huang Xu Affection +100

Ye Chao Affection -100

.

.

.

Blue boxes bombarded Liu Xun once again. This time in greater quantities.

That is weird? Why are there so many positive affection points this time around? Do more people like me?

[System's response to host is affection can be displayed in multiple ways. Negative can mean disdain, hatred, jealousy and such. Positive can mean interest, admiration, covetous desire, lust for example. Both situations may have a neutral impact on the host.]

Just as Liu Xun was about to ask another question.

[In most cases of a sign-in system, the affection outcome is like to be negatively impacting. Plus, positive affection also tends to be more disastrous than negative.]

Well shit.

18