21- A short reprieve
315 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crackle

Hmm...?

Liu Xun's consciousness begins to clear.

A flame's flicker.

He thought as he slowly opened his eyes.

He noticed the faint light source.

He was in a cave, surrounding him were the other cultivators.

They were all meditating silently.

There were the Liu Family juniors and Liu Five at the side by a small stalagmite.

Senior Xuan Tie was also in a lotus position as his eyes were closed.

Liu Xun could not spot Senior Gan or Qin.

Snnooore.

Looking by his side, he noticed a certain fatty.

So Langsheng made it back safely, Liu Xun thought to himself as he smiled in relief.

Liu Xun then looked at his surroundings.

It seems that they were rather deep into a cave as the entrance couldn't be seen.

I wonder how long have I been out?

His thoughts wandered.

There was an easy way to find out.

Status.

 

Cultivator:

Liu Xun

Roots:

Mortal

Cultivation Level:

Qi Gathering Stage 3 [201/351]↑53 (-10%)

System Credit:

 137 ↑ 10

Inventory:

Cons: 2x Premium Gacha Talisman, 1x Fireball Talisman [SSR]

Misc: [System Subscription Channel], [System Rulebook]

Active:

Purple Heaven Gathering Pill (Duration: 69 days)

Skills:

Passive:

Minor GuanXin Knowledge

Archaic Sun Aura Wisp [11%] (+50% to cultivation speed, minor resistance to yang elements)

Shadow Concealment Aura (87%) - ON ( Currently Qi Gathering Stage 2)

Movement:

Shadow Grasping Illusory Steps (93%)

Weapon:

Crimson Dragon Beheading Axe (Incomplete) [35.1%]

Talents:

Movement Cultivator Adept (+15% to efficiency of Movement arts and effects)

It seems about two whole days have passed huh. Now it is a wonder if it is currently the before or after midnight.

--

"Oh, you have awoken."

A calm and serene voice came from behind him.

At the tunnel that was just located behind him, a dainty lady dressed in green popped her head out.

It was Senior Qin.

"How are your injuries. If you are able to move, we should head out. We have already delayed the journey for about a whole day."

She said in a serious tone.

Liu Xun checked his head and waist.

It did not hurt anymore and there was no blood.

"You were fed one of Gan Xinjian's recovery pills. They are pretty well known for their effectiveness in the local regions."

So it was Senior Gan's pill huh. I have to return the favour.

Liu Xun nodded to himself as he looked at her and said confidently, " I am fine now. We can head out immediately."

"Good, then the rest of you can get ready now."

The others who were resting slowly opened their eyes as they got up to their feet.

Snnnnoooore.

The only exception was the fatty Langsheng.

"Hey get up already!"

A scabbard prodded the snoring lump.

It was done by Liu Five.

"Mmmmm-five more minutes."

Snap.

A whip slapped Langsheng's peachy bum as his eye immediately burst open and jumped up to his feet.

"What! An attack? From where!?"

He said out as he panicked.

"Come on, I did not swing that hard."

The cute yet slightly annoyed voice sounded out.

Liu Waner looked miffed at how tardy Langsheng was.

Liu Xun literally winced when he saw her swing the whip.

That should have still hurt. I kind of pity him a bit.

Langsheng gave a dumbfounded look before getting seriously pissed off.

“Can’t you wake me up gentler! Are you a lady or a bull!”

“No lady can wake an oaf like you!”

“Oh yeah? Well, a bull like you sure could.”

"How dare you fatty!"

"What come at me, bull!"

Langsheng took out his handkerchief as he waved it in front of Waner as if a matador.

"Graaah!"

-

The two kept bickering about.

“Silence, both of you! It is time to move out.”

A hoarse voice came from their backs as Liu Five walked towards Senior Qin’s direction.

The two youths then swallow their grievances as they stared daggers at each other before turning away from each other.

They then began following behind Liu Five along with the quiet and calm Liu Ruoxue.

“So how much have you recovered by?”

Liu Xun shrugged his shoulders.

“Not much, maybe around one-third of my full strength.”

To be honest, he had more than half. However, the last portion is reserved more towards unexpected scenarios so he wouldn’t be completely vulnerable like at the end of the last fight.

Furthermore, Liu Xun also did not want to reveal his full strength with his concealed cultivation base.

The group then slowly traversed the cave.

“So while you were unconscious, Xuan Tie carried you for about half a day before we found this cave. You should be thankful to him, he has done you many favours.”

Indeed. Senior Xuan had been a huge help to Liu Xun, from his timely save to his assisting afterwards. 

Liu Xun couldn’t help but feel like he really owed Senior Xuan a big favour.

He felt pretty bad that he was owing to many favours to people who he may not know when he can repay.

It was not within his character to owe favours to others without repaying them.

Senior Xuan did not seem to mind it, he seems to be a carefree and easygoing person, unlike his outer appearance which is rather large and imposing while being covered in bandages.

--

The group left the cave.

It was just a small crack located at the side of a large mountain cliff.

The surrounding area was filled with overgrown wild vegetation.

Cawwwww.

A large bird travelled overhead.

It was rather high up in the sky but its wingspan was still wide. It was probably at least 10 metres big if it was on the ground. It would be a formidable foe if the group had to fight against it.

The group was feeling rather tense due to its appearance but it was relatively uneventful throughout.

--

Hours have passed.

Step by step, the group advanced slowly towards the orchid lake.

Surrounded by dense foliage, it was hard to tell which direction they were heading.

It was easy to be lost in a jungle without any form of tool to track directions.

Apparently, the small wooden board on Senior Gang's hand was a spirit compass.

It had a hexagon shape with fairly detailed inscriptions on it with a yin yang symbol in the centre.

A faint blue qi glow could be seen on the board as Senior Gang activated his tool.

The old man dressed in yellow Taoist robes was in the flank that looking with vigilance suddenly stopped as he held the board.

He stared at his board closely.

"Wait a moment everybody, there seems to be a strong signal to the west. There might be a spiritual treasure in that direction, it is a detour from our route to the Yin Frost Basin, but it should only be a distance of about 5 to 10 li, which would not take more than half a day. Want to try for it?"

He asked with great temptation in his words.

The rest of the group heard his words and halted their steps.

Senior Qin frowned her eyebrows while both Senior Tie and Liu Five were both nonchalant.

It seemed that they were not concerned with either outcome.

"Gan Xinjian, we are already pressed for time since the last encounter. We are already about 2 to 3 days behind time and not at our peak states. What would happen if we end up meeting another delay? You would probably miss your chance for your Poison Blood Jade just like I would for my Frost Yin Orchid if that were to happen."

Her voice sounded very pleasant but one could tell that she was getting displeased with the situation. It had to be noted that it was also Senior Gan who caused the initial delay at the start with the cliff cave. The journey time which was initially very lax with plenty to spare become relatively tight right now and delays could mean massive potential losses for the participants.

Gan Xinjian went silent for a moment.

He knew that Senior Qin was already annoyed by all the delays caused by his suggestions and he had to admit that they were indeed tight for time. He began weighing his options and finally made his decision moments after.

"Yeqian, I admit that this may likely cause some delay to our destination. But look, the spirit compass is glowing this brightly! It is several times of that treasure in that cave. We may be able to reap big rewards! And we still have time for one last detour, please do this old man this last favour."

Senior Gan said out in a compliant tone, he seemed to be accepting Senior Qin's decision as the final factor despite stating his view.

Senior Qin frowned as she maintained her silence.

The pause lasted for a few moments as the rest of the cultivators including Liu Xun looked at her.

The group was still wary of their surrounding, but they seem to be awaiting her decision.

Senior Qin finally closed her eye as she gave a light sigh.

"Fine, let this be the final one Xinjian. This time all of us will go together so that we do not have to loop back and it is too dangerous to split up in the jungle. If the treasure is too dangerous or time-consuming, we will just have to give it up, alright?"

"Sure, sure! You are always so good to work with."

Xinjian said as a wide smile displayed on his old wrinkly face.

The group then changed their direction from their initial path.

They then treaded deeper into the verdant green jungle as overgrowth began to surround them even more in every direction.

Sorry, ant is really busy with real-life stuff. The only good news is that ant has actually solidified the plot for arc 1 and is probably going to be extended from 60 to 70 chapters due to a new idea and character ant had thought of.

17