43- Surrounded (3)
146 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clang. Clang. Clang.

Clashes between weapons happened in rapid sequence as both fighters continuously traded blows in rapid sequence. Senior Qin continuously waved her white Yin Serenity as she parried to blows of the gigantic black lizardman chieftain. The fight was ferocious as the overwhelmingly large reptilian beastmen aggressively waved its glaive time after time, dealing many heavy blows to the small dainty lady in green robes.

Slaaaash.

The glaive swung forth with quick rigorous motions as it tore through her long green sleeve. Blood slowly trickled from Qin Yeqian's left arm which was wielding the Yin Serenity. She had barely dodged the strike, yet the force of it still resulted in injury. The situation was not looking too well over here. There were also other concerns like the other juniors, especially Liu Xun who she felt obligated to protect since she had ensured his safety at the beginning. Yet, this mid-essence foundation female practitioner could barely even support herself at the moment.

The other seniors themselves like Xuan Tie, Liu Five, and Gan Xinjian were barely able to cope with their battles. The juniors themselves were also fighting hard. Fatty Langfeng was swinging his knuckles around, bashing lizardman after lizardman. Ruoxue and Waner were teaming up and fighting groups of lizardmen as a duo. They seemed to be doing fine at the moment, but who knows how long could this situation last.

This scenario is not looking too good. I hope that Junior Liu Xun is doing all right...

She thought to herself as she continued to focus on the large foe in front of her. She could barely afford to distract her thoughts as even though they looked evenly matched, the chieftain is slowly gaining an edge with its overwhelming strength and stamina.

"Aaaahh!"

A shout came from the distance. The blue-robed Waner was knocked down on the ground by one of the lizardmen as more of them came swarming towards her. It was a rational decision to finish off each downed foe so as to reduce the enemy's combat potential! Waner looked fearfully at the bunch of assaulting lizardmen as she waved her whip frantically.

"Waner!"

Ruoxue shouted out as she swung her saber around, attempting to deflect all the enemies. Yet, there were too many of them. Liu Five could also be seen rushing forth from the distance as he tried to close the gap between them. However, the distance was too huge. Countless lizardmen were already surrounding the poor girl.

Swish. Whish.

Her whip flailed forth recklessly in every direction as the frightened girl kept swinging her arms. Waner was desperate to reverse the situation and she was in a complete panic. Unfortunately, the beastmen were not willing to be punching bags as one of them managed to catch her whip. It pulled its arm with great force, yanking the whip right of her right hand. Another one of the lizardmen took the opportunity to swing its club upwards, before quickly slamming it down on her. Waner closed her frightened eyes in shock as she could predict her inevitable end.

Senior Qin began to consider how she could help the poor girl.

BANG!

Another strong blow came from the front as the large lizardman chieftain glared at her fiercely as if telling her to mind their fight instead of other stuff. To be honest, she really could not afford to set her attention elsewhere at the moment. Sorry, little girl but I cannot assist you in this scenario. That was the last thought the green-robed lady spared before she continued to focus on her fight against the chieftain.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!"

A loud shout could be heard reverberating from the distance.

-

BOOOM. BOOOM. BAAANG.

Multiple explosions could be heard as the yellow-robed old man continued to rain down countless stored spells in his yellow talismans, wreaking havoc upon the countless lizardmen around. Of course, the lizardmen were not just willing to eat all of these spells as they zealously charged against the seemingly frail old man. Gan Xinjian sneered at these qi gathering lizardmen that think that they could think of overrunning him with numbers. The occasional essence foundation elder would come at him, but most of them were already preoccupied with the other seniors.

GRAAAAHHHHHH!

Another group of five lizardmen rushed forward. They charged with enraged expressions as they ignore all injuries that were dealt by the numerous blows the Xinjian delivered endlessly. Pew. Pew. The two copper mirrors behind his back released out white light beams as they tore through a couple of lizardmen. By the time one of the lizardmen reached to attacking distance of Senior Gan, it realized it was the only one left standing within the radius. The rest of its comrades were already dead on the ground. Grrrrah. It angrily swung its wooden club down as it wanted to end this slaughter.

Crush.

The neck of the lizardman was gripped tightly by Senior Gan as he continued to close his grip, crushing the entire neck including the airway and spinal cord as the lizardman dropped limp onto the ground. The other lizardmen within the radius looked in awe as the yellow-robed old man was surrounded by dozens upon dozens of lizardmen corpses.

"How foolish of you to think you can rush me with numbers and even think of hurting me when most of you are only qi gathering infants. Naive! Death is a befitting punishment!"

He roared out raucously as he took out another set of talismans before raining them onto the surrounding lizardmen. After raining down another set of spells, he felt great as he got ready to release the next set.

"Waner!"

Xinjian heard a female voice from the distance. He gave a slight glance over as he saw the blue-robed girl fallen to the ground, powerless against the foes. To be honest, he probably could reach over there if he had tried his hardest, but the control over the battlefield would be largely compromised. Senior Gan may be a stubborn person, but he is not entirely ruthless. Still, his rational mind focused on the fact that he could not afford to be distracted at the moment, or else they will all meet their end. Someone else would probably be able to help her, or she would have to deal with the consequences, were his last thoughts before he focused back onto his side of the fight. Moreso, there was also that black-robed youth that had been knocked off into the distance. Looking at how he had no help, he was probably done for. It is a big pity since amongst the juniors he seems to be the most pleasant one.

Looking into his sleeves, the large stockpile of yellow talismans had already rapidly diminished since the start of the journey, there is barely about half left. This is rather difficult for the old man as this was his immediate form of burst power and they had not even reached their initial destination, not to mention the return trip. As he was about to rain down the next set of spells through his talismans, he then heard a loud shout from the distance.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!"

-

BASH!

Colliding his tough body against the large reptile, the black-robed monk slammed the lizardman several feet away. He then grabbed the heads of two closeby qi stage lizardmen and crushed them against each other. Under his feet was a large pile of lizardmen, most of them were neutralized yet not killed. It was strange that a cultivator would not reap life during such a deadly battle, yet this was his modus operandi. Senior Xuan looked forward as he looked at the waves of lizardmen. Despite him downing over 50 lizardmen, the numbers still seem to be overwhelmingly large.

More lizardmen fearlessly approached the large man as he looked at the waves of reptiles advance. This fight seems endless. He looked briefly at the coffin slung behind his back, before looking forward. It was still not severe enough of a situation to warrant the help of that being, he thought. Xuan Tie then continued to pummel down lizardmen continuously with his fists. More and more bodies were piled up under his feet as he fought against the reptiles with his inhumane endurance. The surrounding lizardmen started to slow their assault. Hesitation could be seen in their eyes as they were reluctant to approach this immovable obstacle. Even the essence foundation lizardmen elders have failed to down this foe, much less these remaining qi gathering warriors.

"Waner!"

The black-robed man immediately turned his head as he saw the blue-robed junior land on the ground, surrounded by lizardmen. Not good, I have to help. He attempted to then rush over. Yet, at this moment all the surrounding lizardmen had gained morale as if they were having a pressing advantage and began to throw themselves at Xuan Tie. Argh, these beastmen are not giving me any chance to assist. Xuan Tie thought to himself as he repeatedly slammed down lizard after lizard. Blood and gashes had already dyed his black robes, most from the lizardmen but some of it was his own due to their relentless attacks.

As he slowly made his way across, he realized by then that he would not be able to reach her on time. He tightly gripped his fists at his powerlessness to change the situation as he then gave a slight glance toward the coffin. Perhaps, it was time to release him. These were the black-robed monks thoughts before he heard a shout from the distance.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!"

 

6