54 – Devourer of Myths – Prelude (2)
122 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The youth climbed to the peak of the mountain, he wiped the sweat on his brow. He then took a deep breath as he looked down upon the peak. Below was a wide plain, a wide flatland surrounded by numerous mountains. In the central area, there was a large block of ice as the entire basin was frozen solid. Multiple sparks flashed as the shadows rushed about in the night. The sparks from the clash of weapons created a scene of flashing lights that bounced about the entire region.

Liu Xun looked carefully, a large shadow cast over the dark gloomy moonlit night and it marred over the entire battlefield. From the large shadow, numerous reflective surfaces and crevices could be seen as weird appendages swung about it. Is that a mountain? No, wait. Are those...eyes. And those crevices...are mouths. Then those weird swinging pillars must be its arms. He was instantly awed by the sheer size of the being. It towered over all the surrounding things as stood over a hundred feet high. Numerous sparks of red and blue could be seen as the appendages swung in the air.

"Looks like the fight has already been going on for a bit."

The senior commented in a serious tone.

"Oh, you can see what is going on?"

Liu Xun asked confusedly. He could only see darkness as the moon was rather dark that night and was cover by clouds.

"Well obviously, my eyes are the same as yours. Use your Yang Divine Sorching Eyes, skills are meant to be used kiddo. They aren't just titles or empty decorations like what those retarded silkpants claim them to be."

Using the skill he obtained from the Deceiver Detective System, Liu Xun managed to have a brightened and clearer view of the situation. "Is...that...Shaggoroth?" Liu Xun asked with slight nervousness. He had previously heard Senior Gan's description of the beast and thought that even if it was not an exaggeration, it would at least be similar. That was a severe underestimation! This thing stood at least fifty meters high! Each of its eyes and pupils was probably at least a meter large and those mouths could easily swallow an adult male whole in one bite.

4khrenc.png

He took a big gulp as he looked at the large imposing mountain of meat and flesh. Shaggoroth looked really large and disgusting with its numerous eyes and mouth. The weird tentacle appendages flung against Millie as she fought against him in her human form with her blade drawn out. Senior Gan could be seen at the base fighting countless deep blue slimes. The odds did not seem to be favoring them too well.

"Hmph, it really suits him. Devourer of Myths, that bastard is already peak Core Inversion!"

The demonic soul spoke in a disdainful manner.

"De-vourer of...Myths?"

Liu Xun asked as he had yet to digest the meaning of it.

"That is Shaggoroth's title. It was what he obtained when he fought and devoured two early Core Inversion righteous cultivators despite being early Core Inversion itself. A big pain in the ass I would say. If I could, I would prefer to avoid fighting it...but it seems like you won't take no for an answer."

Liu Xun nodded silently as he braced himself for the fight to come. Even if he felt all-powerful at the moment, the scene of the mountain of flesh had completely crumbled his previous confidence of winning this fight. Shaggoroth was strong. Very very strong. He himself with his now pseudo Core Inversion stage cultivation was still unable to detect Shaggoroth's power level. It must be true according to the senior's methods that Shaggoroth was in peak Core Inversion stage. The difference between peak and early Core Inversion was already vast, much less a pseudo version. Would it at least be around two or three million, or perhaps even more?

"Anyways, no time to hesitate."

Liu Xun said as he ran down the mountain. It was time for him to join the fight. He gripped the ax on his left and the greenish-white spear on the right. Two floating deep blue swords floated behind his back.

"Hey."

The senior's voice came out.

"Hmm?"

"You know you aren't a qi gathering noob anymore. Why aren't you flying? You can start flying from Organ Refinement usually."

"...why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, you didn't ask?"

"Arghh...tell me how to do it then."

"How to what?"

"How to fly, of course."

"Is that how you speak to seniors?"

"...Can you teach me how to do it...please."

"Much better. Just surround qi around your body and then...argh, why not I just show you."

The voice said out in frustration as it regulated the red savage qi around the body as it propagated the body forward into the air.

"Whoooah, I'm flying."

Liu Xun cried out in surprise.

"Heh, everyone always does that the first time. Well, I hope you aren't scared of heights. Just don't look down."

"Look down? WHOOOOOAH!"

Liu Xun took a peek below and saw the trees and rocks that were tiny. He was high up in the air as the mountain start to become a distant sight. He quickly approached the frozen lake as the large mountain of meat became more and more visible.

--

"YOU IDIOT!"

A large shout could be heard from the distance as an old man in tattered yellow robes was thrown back by a large force. The man landed close to Liu Xun. He could see the large gashes on wounds on Senior Gan's body as the old man wiped the blood trickling from his lips. His robes were torn, exposing his upper body. A faint red glow could be seen emanating from his skin as incantation marks could be seen tattooed into his skin. The pure and savage qi run rampant in his body, it looked completely hectic and out of control. Yet, the force was great, it absolutely did not look like something an ordinary essence foundation cultivator could manage to pull off.

"Why did you come here? Can't you tell that this fight is way beyond...wait a moment. Why can't I sense your cultivation?"

"Because I am more powerful than you, retard."

"What!?"

"Sorry, Senior Gan. This is a demonic senior that is partially possessing my body."

"What, more problems? I cannot deal with too much of this Liu boy! I already have my hands filled."

"No worries, he is on our side. He is working with me such that I can utilize his almost Core Inversion stage power and abilities to assist both you and Millie in this fight."

"Assist, huh. Sure, you can go and help the girly...wait, lady senior over there. Tch, a Core Inversion Apotheosized Celestial Fox huh, looks like I have lived to see everything."

"So, I have become from the strongest in the hopeless situation to the weakest in a slightly hopeful situation. I won't complain too much about it. I just have to ask you to do your best to take that big bastard down!"

"Heyhey, Liu boy over here said you were middle Essence Foundation. You sure don't look like one. More like middle Bone Tempering (4th stage)...forbidden technique?"

"Heh...yeah one that I have spent the last five decades saving up for! I would probably die after this fight. But hopefully, I can tear a big hole into that bastard that destroyed my village and devoured my mother and friends fifty years ago!"

"Man, to save up that long for just a temporary Bone Tempering forbidden burst. Your talent must not have been that bright, huh."

"Hey, senior. That is very rude."

"Psssh-"

"Heh, don't worry. I kind of expected that. I had neither talent nor resources. I had to resort to such means to stand a chance."

Senior Gan gave a light sigh as he looked forward at the scene. There was Shaggaroth at the front in the distance fighting Millie and many of his minions surrounding them. He then looked toward Liu Xun as he gave the youth a long look.

"Hey Liu Xun, do you remember the chat we had before?"

He asked in a heavy manner.

Liu Xun looked at the yellow-robed old man as he saw the mood got serious.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Well, please just help this old man if he does not make it. Now, go on and help the white fox senior. Leave everything here to me!"

He shouted out in confidence. His skin emanated greater blood-red qi as he channeled his strength to his surrounding, preparing himself for the next fight.

"But..."

Liu Xun asked hesitantly. It looks like was an almost impossible fight for Senior Gan to manage alone.

"No, buts! Even with my inferior cultivation, I can tell that Shaggoroth is stronger than her. It is unlikely she would be able to win that alone. If your newfound power can help to bridge that gap, then don't worry about me. Even...even if I die, as long as Shaggoroth can be taken down. It will all be worth it!"

He cut Liu Xun off as he explained his analysis of the situation. Senior Gan knew that the fight looks hardly in their favor, it was better to place their eggs in the better basket.

"The old man is right you know? You have to beat that giant meat sack, killing off a hundred of the small ones would not solve the root problem."

The senior in Liu Xun's body interject before Liu Xun could continue his words.

"...alright. Senior Gan, be careful! We will go ahead first!"

He said after a short deliberation as the black-robed youth flew forward, leaving behind the yellow-robed old man with dozens among dozens of core formation and bone tempering metamorphosing beast.

 

5