65 – Intermission 1
64 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-In a certain Void Realm-

"Hey Old One, did you interfere with that?"

A young, calm and sonorous voice travelled from the void.

"Nope, I am equally confused as you are."

An old husky voice replied.

"That ax...it was not a gift from any one of us. Including that damned monkey, huh. Someone else is looking at our kid huh, how interesting~"

A matured voice replied as she let out a light chuckle in amusement.

"Well, it was an entertaining fight."

The Million Suns responded in a nonchalant tone.

"Though, he could have almost died there at any point..."

The Most Ancient One replied with a slight sigh.

"Isn't that normal, many of our chosen children have and will continue to experience such fights. Not everyone will overcome their challenge and die. It is a natural process."

The Peerless Jade Scabbard pointed out as she flicked the ash out of her smoke pipe.

"Ukekeke~isn't it mean to not invite me when I have also joined the channel?"

A playful and garrulous voice rang out. It was said in a mature man's voice yet the content had a hint of youthfulness hidden within.

"Oi Stupid Monkey, who told you to give him your system. Now he feels too overpowered with the cheats loaded up."

The Million Suns complained annoyedly.

"Don't worry, there is no such thing as being too overpowered since every gift we deliver costs karma. Plus if things continue to develop this way, he will definitely be needing this."

The new voice mentioned in a rather insidious tone.

"So you are talking about that, huh..."

The Peerless Jade Scabbard responded casually.

"It would definitely help with that around."

The Most Ancient One responded as he sipped on his tea.

"I guess you have some point there, monkey."

The Million Suns responded grudge-fully.

"Anyways, we just here to watch his development. What choices will he make, what consequences shall he bear?"

The Million Suns continued her words as she placed her fan covering her mouth.

"It is as the saying goes if one lives long enough, a man shall perform sufficient feats to become a hero..."

The Million Suns started.

"Oh that one huh, a hero shall persevere against all odds and become a legend..."

The Peerless Jade Scabbard continued.

"A legend shall transcend time and become a myth, was it?"

The Thousand Deceivers laughed out as he scratched his beard.

"And a myth shall be heard by man, was that how it ended."

The Most Ancient One concluded the poem as he gently stroked his beard.

"Wrong, old man. It is now, the myth shall create a system to give to man and be heard."

The Million Suns rebutted as she drank upon the tea placed before her.

"Err, doesn't that sound weird in some way?"

The Most Ancient One scratched his left cheek as he gave a small sigh.

"Not entirely, you have to keep up with the trends these days. Systems and cheats are all the rage. Chances are even someone's dog will have one."

The Thousand Deceivers pointed out in boredom.

"Now then, shall we see how far will our boy Liu Xun travel before he reaches his limit?"

The Million Suns chuckles out silently.

5