72.5- The Forgotten Eclipse (10)
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Xueer."

"Hmm, Yanyi?"

The little girl looked back as she saw the large young man looking at her with saddened eyes.

"These days have been very enjoyable."

A very roughly mashed-up sentence the young man came up with.

"Yeah? It is always fun to be with you?"

Xueer tilted her head to the side as she responded to his question.

"I just have this worry...no it is nothing much really."

The young man initially pointed but shortly after decided to shake his head as he discarded such a thought.

"What is it, Yanyi? Why are you so glum? It doesn't suit you!"

The little girl stopped in her tracks as she placed her hands on her waist.

"Nothing much, don't worry about."

Yanyi said as he continued moving forward. He walked past her as he took upon great strides forward.

Xueer noticed his increased pace as she hurried her footsteps to follow behind him. Normally, she was rather swift on her feet. She would have no difficulty overtaking the large man. Yet this day it felt as if no matter how fast she ran, she would fail to catch his back.

"Hey, Yanyi slow down."

The young girl desperately chased forward as she tried to reach for him. Unfortunately, her steps got shorter and shorter as she slowly ran out of breath. That large back in front of her got even more distant as time went by. Struggling forward, she stretched out her hands to reach that distant figure.

"Wa-wait Yanyi...don't leave me behind. Don't!"

Xueer shouted as her voice was drowned out by a fading void. However, no matter how hard she shouted or begged, the back got even more distant. Soon even the figure's shadow faded, and she was just all alone.

-

-

--

"Xueer!"

"Xueer! Wake up!"

"Whuh...Wuenyu?"

The girl slowly woke up as she recalled that she had a really really bad dream. She could no longer remember what it was about, but she had a rather nasty feeling from it. Her voice was drowned out by her leaking tears which had also leaked out of her nose.

"Xueer! What happened!? Are you hurt? Did anyone make you cry? Just tell it to me, I will rally everyone and make them pay!"

The large man stood up as he turned away, preparing to get additional help to help placate the crying girl. There shouldn't be anyone in the Heavenly Jin Sect willing to mess with this little girl! There is no way the elder will let them leave alive! He had to gather support and solve the root cause. If it was poison, there are antidotes. If it was pain, there are pills. If it was love, even if it would make every sad there is acceptance. There has to be an answer to her tears!

*Pull*

The young man who had stepped forward suddenly stopped as he felt a light tug on his trousers. Looking back he saw a small arm, weak as it seem. This was very unlike the peak Essence Foundation cultivation genius that he knew of. She would always run around carefree and rampant as she would cause troubles and worries to those around her while bringing smiles to their faces.

"Don't..."

A soft sound that barely reached his ears, cause Yanyi to ponder over what message Xueer intended to transmit.

"Don't?"

"Don't leave me, don't leave me all alone. Not back to the start again in the darkness."

Her soft words echoed out as they barely reached his ears. The young man realized her meaning upon hearing those words. He stood rooted on the spot as he could feel the tugging get stronger as the shivers got stronger. He felt helpless as he could not find the right words to comfort her. Unlike the smart young girl, he was not born with the biggest brains. He was afraid, that his careless words would wound her even more.

Could I say that we would be together forever? That is just a sweet lie. Everyone knows that meetings and departures are a natural process of life. Even for cultivators who live longer than millenniums, or perhaps even the gods have lived for eons to eternity itself. They will definitely have to bid farewell to a loved one, it is an eventuality.

How do I put these words sweetly and calmly to reassure her? Is there an answer to that?

The man thought to himself as he clenched his fists tightly, blood slowly trickled out and his nails dug deep into his flesh. The young man stood in silence as the girl silently cried while awaiting his response. A scene that continued to what it feels like an eternity yet perhaps only transpired in a transient moment as it fades into darkness.

You have seen a reminiscence of The Million Suns.

You have gained 0.8% proficiency in the Archaic Sun Aura. (32.4%)

2