73- Silver and Mysteries – Aventure (5)
47 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ack."

A gentle breeze brushed upon him as Liu Xun awoken from his slumber. The sun had already risen high above the sky by the time he had opened his eyes.

What was I doing before, oh right Millie!

Liu Xun was suddenly brought to a fresh wake as he looked downwards. On his lap was no longer the sad crying girl, but a small fox. No, it was the 8-meter huge fox that fought his side against the Devourer of Myths. It was a tiny fox with six tiny miniature tails. It was similar to the fox cub in his memories, no The Heavenly Temptress records. This time, tails increased from two to six.

The small fox looked upwards as it stared back at the young man with its bright violet pupils. The image of the youth could be seen reflected from its crystal clear eyes. The both of them remained silent as they stared at each other for a brief moment.

The Million Suns stares at the two.

The Heavenly Temptress stares at the two.

The Most Ancient One stares at the two.

The Peerless Jade Scabbard stares at the two.

The Tousand Deceivers stares at the two.

[ <   ( 0)>    <   ( 0)>]

What is with that...

[Nothing. Anyways, can you please stop making things awkward? You only need 8 seconds to fall in love, you have been staring for 53 seconds already... 54... 55.]

The system continued to count in a monotonous tone.

"Al-alright then, it is time to now, right? We still have to go and visit those places right, Millie?"

Kiyu!

"Hmm, what is wrong? Can you not transform back to your fox form?"

Liu Xun looked confusedly as he stared at the tiny fox.

Kiyu? Kiyu. Kiyu.

The fox tilted its cute head to the side, before tapping its paw against his thigh.

"Hmm, what is it? You say you wish to stay in this form for a bit longer?"

Liu Xun tilted his head as he tried to affirm the tiny fox's intentions.

Kiyu!

Millie nodded her head as she jumped from his lap and climbed up onto his arms and then onto his shoulder. Lastly, she climbed up to the top of his head before comfortably resting above it. She seemed to be nestled rather comfortably on top of his head as it stretched out its paw.

Kiyu! Kiyu! Kiyu!

"Ehhh, let's go east now? To the frosted pine forest, and that we are short on time so march with double speed?"

[Host, the system finds it intriguing you have learned fox language without the system's help. Keep up the good work!]

No, not really. I can just feel her intentions through her actions.

[Anyways, it is a disappointing thing the system fails to sell you this Fox Whisperer Skill for 50 points!]

No, seriously stop trying to sell me weird stuff like those shady urn salesmen.

[It is okay, the system would not force transactions.]

Liu Xun sighed as he got up to his feet. Taking one last look upon the wisteria that stood alone in the center of that lake, he gave a silent farewell before dashing forward towards the east.

--

Kiyu!

"Oh move right from here, huh."

Liu Xun looked at the fork as he began to take the right rugged path upon hearing the fox's instructions. The two had already traveled a fair bit as they walked past an entire mountain. It was a more tumultuous trip as the presence of a tiny fox and qi gathering stage human seemed to tickle the fancy of every nearby demonic beast. Liu Xun had to avoid multiple encounters as he decided that he would rather reserve his strength for moving unless he absolutely have to put up a fight. Furthermore, he had to make up for the lost time yesterday. They were supposed to travel through the night yesterday and operate with a minimal nap of four hours to meet up with their initial schedule.

Now Liu Xun was in extreme catch-up mode as he channel the qi into the calves, delivering small bursts of them as they accelerated him forward.

[Warning host, piercing attack from above. (very weak)]

[Warning host, piercing attack from 8 o'clock. (very weak)]

[Warning host, piercing attack from 12 o'clock. (very weak)]

Numerous messages registered as three tiny figures could be seen approaching rapidly. No wait, he was approaching them head-on. It was three Toxical Wisp Hornets which were at the early-qi stage. To be honest, they were just small fry to Liu Xun at this point since he could easily stand up against Essence Foundation beasts. Liu Xun gave the small insects a slight glance before tilting his neck slightly while shifting his body to the left before turning right back afterward.

All three of the hornets could not even tell what passed them as a flashing blur gushed past. They had activated their innate defense mechanisms, but the passing creature ignored their presence as it dived past them. The confused flying insectoids looked at each other confusedly for a moment, before returning to their task.

Kiyu!

The fox let out a cute cry while gently patting down against his head.

"I am doing very well with my movement art? Why thank you for your gracious praise, Millie!"

Liu Xun responded back with a light laugh as he continue to advance forward with quick momentum.

Kiyu! Kiyu!

The fox nodded profusely as it returned back to resting on his head.

If we travel at this pace, we should be able to cover the distance of the two other destinations, huh. Liu Xun thought to himself as he slowly looked upwards of briefly for a moment. He could barely see Millie's face as his hair covered half of it. However, he did take note of the drooping fox ears that bounced up and down as he ran along with the wind.

She must still be really bothered with our parting, huh.

The youth thought to himself as he made steady progress. It seems that they were approaching a clear in front and there is less likely to be any enemy ambushes based on his vision and qi searching. The system would also notify him of attacks beforehand. It was an opportune moment for him to look up his progress.

System, status.

Liu Xun said as he kept his eyes peeled forward.

[Roger host, opening status on the side for optimized reading.]

Cultivator:

Liu Xun

Roots:

Mortal

Cultivation Level:

Qi Gathering Stage 9 [1286/1478]↑189 (Breakthrough available)

System Credit:

 112 ↑70

Inventory:

Cons: 1x Fireball Talisman [SSR], 1x Celestial Aurorial Yin Root, 1x Yin Frost Orchid, 1x Mantou Starter Pack, 5x Mantous, 1x White Qi Replenishment Pill

Misc: [System Subscription Channel], [System Rulebook], [Deceiver Detective System Update], 1x Foundation Mounted Archery Mastery Book, 1x Fragmented Ax, 1x Mantou Connoisseur Records, 1x Basic Alchemy Set

Active:

Purple Heaven Gathering Pill (Duration: 47 days)

Weapons:

1x Twin Reprievers (Dual short blades), 1x White Viradiance (Spear)

Skills:

Passive:

Minor GuanXin Knowledge

Archaic Sun Aura Wisp [32.4%] (+50% to cultivation speed, minor resistance to yang elements)

Shadow Concealment Aura (87%) - ON ( Currently Qi Gathering Stage 4)

Auto Appraisal Lv 1 - ON

Intuitive Combat Lv1 - ON

Draconic Language Proficiency - Master

???

Fox Fire Skip (Temporary buff Mvmt Spd +30% - Milllie Silverborn)

 

Support:

Area Scan Lv1

Appraisal Lv1

Dipper Meridian Circulation Stance

 

 

Movement:

Shadow Grasping Illusory Steps (93%)

Formless Step Art

 

Weapon:

Crimson Dragon Beheading Axe (Incomplete) [57.5%]

Basic Yang Divine Scorching Eyes

Formless Sword Art (Incomplete)

 

Talents:

Movement Cultivator Adept (+15% to efficiency of Movement arts and effects)

Intuitive Cheater - ON (Grants minor reflexes boost alongside Intuitive Combat)

Another has day has passed since we left the valley, huh. Time is indeed running out, Liu Xun thought as he glanced over the details. Since he was currently traveling at high speeds. He could only glance at some details. It seems that his qi has been raised yet again as he has already reached past the breakthrough point. To be honest, he could choose to ascend to Essence Foundation at any moment considering his strength. However, Liu Xun would love to hopefully at least for a mid-foundation base. It would be largely harmful to his future cultivation he was to make a hasty decision now. Of course, he had no plans to wait too long either. With Millie by his side, there was no pressure to break through for now.

Liu Xun looked forward into the clearing as he saw no sign of predators, for now at least. The youth sighed to himself in relief and he continued with the same momentum. He was initially worried since even with less cover, there would always be those sneaky beasts that would find some way or another to hunt him. It was not a pleasant feeling to be the prey every time. Looking forward, Liu Xun noticed a similar feature. Looking forward, there was a tiny basin as there were many demonic beasts resting by the lakeside. It seems like this is another one of those 'safe zone' watering holes.

"Is this another non-aggression zone?"

Liu Xun asked casually as he looked above him.

Kiyu!

The fox replied lazily as she closed her eyes and returned back to sleep.

Liu Xun flashed a slight smile as he felt relieved that Millie was at least feeling more at ease and comfortable at this point. Even though it may seem she was currently in this chibi fox form, at least she was no longer forcing herself to smile when she doesn't want to. Liu Xun moved forward as he approached the river. It was time for a short break at this point, his throat was starting to feel parched as he had not drunk any water since he had left the wisteria tree in the morning. His supply of water has already been half depleted as well.

He slowly got to his knees as he drew out a leather flask and gourd from the spatial pouch. He opened the cap as he prepared to fill the containers to the brim.

Grrr? Grrrrr......Kuyaaaa. Tsssssssh.

The surrounding beasts looked at the newcomer as they initially widened their eyes in surprise before slowly resuming their original activities. It was rare that humans would visit such zones, but as long as they don't cause trouble there is no reason to go and pick a fight. They had to worry about the wrath of the overlord if they cause any trouble at this point.

[Warning host, an attack coming from the water depths. (moderate)]

Liu Xun immediately grabbed his containers as he took a quick leap backward.

GULP.

!!??

Most of the beasts by the lake were alerted as they took a few steps back. Those further away took a glance but returned to their own business. If trouble doesn't come to you, don't bother going out to find it. That is the rule to survival, mind your own godd*mn business. Liu Xun, as an affected party, was alerted and cautioned by the sudden display of aggression. From the water surface what came out was a titanogator based on Liu Xun's knowledge bank, an ancient beast with superiority in water and strong physical capabilities.

Its specific species is the Vermillion Titatanogator which is known to be native within the regions of the Vermillion Ranges. Its body stretched out 1 meter wide as its jaws were at least 2 meters long. It is unknown how big the actual beast was with half its body submerged within the water, but it was definitely not small based on the size of its head. It could have probably easily swallowed Liu Xun in a single gulp if he wasn't careful.

Kyu!?KIYU!

The fox above his head was disturbed by the sudden commotion before it got up from its head and started to express its rage. Most of the bests observing the furor were all looking at the face-off between the human and the Vermillion Titanogator. One being at the mid-qi stage (disguised) and the other is at peak Essence Foundation.

GUUUURRAAA!

The titanogator looked at the mid-qi human and tiny fox above his head with disdain. It was just a human with his tiny pet, it could just quickly devour both of them and just disappear from the zone before the overlord appears. It looked down on pretty much all of the other beasts around, with its rock-hard scales and razor-sharp fangs, it had always been the apex predator within these parts.

Meanwhile, Liu Xun looked at the gator with deep interest. It certainly had been a while since he last met something so arrogant that he could just say it belong to another xianxia novel. He could probably start some face-slapping action if he could actually speak to the gator. Oh wait, but he does have the draconic language mastery skill. This allowed him to speak to a great variety of reptiles apart from dragons, it is just called draconic in deference to the apex predator.

Kisha Mushukyra Kishtush, Risharkya? (Hey don't you know this is a non-aggression zone, wanna die?)

Kishsha, Bisharkish Gulag! Nuvidragsh!? Mudragash risharkya! (Hahaha, who is going to stop me! The overlord? I will devour you before it arrives, die!)

The giant gator jumped out of the water as its large 10-meter long body emerged from the depths. The rest of the beasts looked in amazement. They were really surprised on this day. First, they have a fool audacious enough to disobey the overlord. Next, they have a mid-qi human who looks back at this peak-foundation gator without any fear and starts scolding in draconic. Lastly, there is the gator who continues its assault as it actually dares to jump out of the water, its advantageous territory to chase after the human. None of these beasts which were at most foundation stage noticed the extremely enraged tiny fox on the human's head looking at the gator with an extremely black face.

The gator immediately lunged forward once again as it threw its entire body and jaws directly towards Liu Xun. The system had issued another warning notice but Liu Xun was not perplexed or worried at all. He just calmly looked as he could tell that Millie was angry, very angry. He had yet to see her this angry in human form even while fighting Shaggaroth, but this is definitely the first time he had seen her this angry.

The adorable fox spewed a tiny blue fireball from its mouth. The tiny ball of flames floated forwards towards the 10-meter giant gator. The gator looked towards the small flame with disdain, likewise many of the other beasts which thought nothing much of the scene. On the other hand, a small handful of the old foundation beasts looked at the ball of blue blames with horror as they looked at the tiny fox with fear before running off into the surrounding forests.

The ball of flame travelled forward without much resistance as the gator ignored its presence. How could a tiny human, much less an even tinier fox cause any harm to it? The flame came into contact with its rock hard skin and well, that was it. There was nothing left but ashes. Behind the large gator was a deep depression buried deep into the lake. The rest of the beasts were shocked speechless as they saw the tiny flame touch the big gator for a split second before everything just disappeared. Most of these beasts could not believe their eyes as they retreated with caution, thinking that this little fox was very formidable but it has also offended the overlord by reaping a life in this region despite it being offended first. Well, the smarter ones would already have known it is the overlord but anyways that is beside the point.

The youth just lazily grabbed onto the two containers as he capped them tightly, before throwing them into his spatial pouch. A short moment later, the youth disappeared in the flash of a breeze. It was as if neither the youth, fox nor the gator was even there in the first place. The other onlooking beasts looked at the entire sequence of events in awe. The Vermillion Ranges is known to be home to many great beasts out there, but they had never expected to see such an encounter in such an unexpected manner especially in a non-aggression zone.

--

"Millie, come on don't be so angry anymore. It has already paid with its life right?"

Liu Xun pacified the tiny fox as he looked upwards with a troubled look on his face.

Kiyu! Kiyu! Kyuuuu!

"Yes, yes, that dumb gator was deserving of death. Anyways let us go forward, onto the Saberfang Beast territory right? You said that it was about a day away. "

Kiyu~

"So you are feeling lazy again, huh? Sure thing, just leave the traveling to me."

He replied as he felt a soft tap on top of his head.

It was just another simple day of traveling to both of them.

So where is the gator's father, uncle, grandfather, sectmaster, ancestor? Don't have any? Too bad, better luck next life!

3