76- Silver and Mysteries – Aventure (8)
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir, please stop. We mean no harm."

A familiar voice rang past his ears, it was milder though it had retained the hoarseness which is unique to lizardmen. White scales, red eyes. Liu Xun could recall the picture of it as if it was yesterday.

[Well of course, since you were mounting on her.]

"Hey, do not say that out of context!"

Liu Xun snapped back. At this point, the albino lizardman chieftess looked at him in surprise as he may have a fox on his head, but he was clearly talking to something else. As I thought, that human is creepy and scary. The chieftess thought as she took one step back, yet she realized that the youth was probably around here by chance. He was not necessarily an enemy, and there was no need to offend him even if he was just alone. He was way stronger than his cultivation seems. And that fox on his head is still an Essence Foundation cultivator nonetheless.

"Oh my bad, I was just talking to myself. Do not mind me."

Liu Xun responded as he waved his hand, half cursing the system silently. The fox Millie looked at the group of lizardmen before giving a yawn and returning back to sleep.

"Ooohh...right."

The chieftess looked strangely at him. Such a weird human, talking to himself, traveling alone. There was already information of his presence within these marshes by the surrounding scouts. The group was curious about the results of the confrontation at the basin. It was likely that he had retreated from those predators, many Core Formation Beasts made of fluid. Perhaps his comrades had already fallen and he was escaping with barely his life intact. Any information at this point will be valuable for their migrating group. The chieftain and a few elders were still outside hunting these zones which were pretty dangerous with numerous Core Formation seniors lurking about.

"May I inquire about the events at the lake area? Those beasts are persistent and annoying, we have lost quite a number of our brethren to them. I hope that most of you make it out safely, though this doesn't seem like the case."

The chieftess continued to speak as she engaged in a conversation. The black-robed youth in front of her stared at her as he was slowly figuring out her intentions. After a short moment of pause, he let go of his scabbard as he relaxed. Previously, his right hand was still ready to draw his weapons in case they attempted a sneak attack. At this point, Liu Xun felt that keeping his guard up was pointless. They were not arming their weapons and had maintained a safe vigilant distance. He could always react later preemptively with the system warnings.

[Host, please do not rely on the system too much.]

Right, right. But you will still do it, right?

[As long as the system is able to.]

Then, that is fine.

Liu Xun transmitted his thoughts before slowly opening his mouth.

"Well, everything at the Yin Frost Basin went pretty well, to be honest. You can even move back there if you want to."

???

The chieftess was surprised by his words. The surrounding lizardmen all started gossiping as they heard his words. Was it all just a bluff and a malicious scheme? Or was this boy telling the truth? The chieftess herself was deeply perturbed by his words. Despite her being afraid of him and not trusting him to any extent, the youth seemed to be speaking with a very frank tone as he said those words with relative calmness. His body temperature and heart rate did not speed up as well, based on her perception. It was highly likely he was telling the truth, or that he was an experienced schemer.

"But how, we had so much trouble fending off that horde of beasts. After taking down one, five comes. After taking those five, another twenty appear. I cannot fathom how your small group would be able to handle those invaders. I would prefer if you do not lie to us, as it involves our lives."

The white lizardman chieftess questioned as she placed her hand to her chest. It was a sign of trust and peace for this reptilian race where they would not take to arms unless the opposing side draws first. She clearly had the authority to initiate such a frank and humble exchange. Liu Xun himself could tell the customs based on the Guanxin Pill and he knew that it would be rather discomforting for himself to play any schemes on such a group at this point.

Looking at them, their armor and scales have suffered scratches and damage. Many of the lizardmen would be missing parts of the hands, arms, tail, and such. It seems that their experience while migrating was not the most pleasant one. There are plenty of hostile predators in these foreign regions which would threaten them since they were no longer in their home grounds. He shook his head as he replied to the group of lizardmen.

"Well, it is definitely something you would not have expected. And definitely could not have handled as well, to be honest."

Hearing his words, the lizardmen who initially took a lower position felt the urge to stand up and fight. His words were very offensive to this proud tribe, yet they stopped upon looking at the white lizard raise her hands.

"Stop, stand down. Could Sir please elaborate?"

She said out as she looked at the youth with an inquisitive look. How could he look so honest while making such outrageous statements? Perhaps if he was a Bone Tempering Greater Beast, but he is still qi gathering fifth stage...wait no, he had fought against those Sahuagins for half a day alone and managed with ease. He is definitely at least peak qi or perhaps even early foundation stage! Not good, I had almost fallen for his ruse!

The chieftess started to look at the youth with even more suspicion and surprise as she looked another step back. This human was definitely not simple, his background may be very difficult to offend. Their tribe had fought against Core Formation humans, but even they do not have such weird skills and tricks that could hide their cultivation.

Liu Xun watched her sudden display of wariness as he scratched his cheeks. What had he done wrong this time? He sighed as he cursed the fact that he had to play the villain as he continued the discussion.

"Well, do you know of the northern overlord?"

He asked out, it was better to start from there since it would cover the entire story.

"The Devourer of Myths, sure. But what does that have to do with our conversation?"

The confused lizard ask out as she tilted her head.

"Well, those Metamorphosing Beasts...no blue Core Formation Beasts are that overlord's minions. The Northern region overlord had invaded into the basin the Western Overlord's region."

He continued as he looked at the expression of the lizardman chieftess change. It was a wonder how a white albino lizardman could appear even paler than before. The chieftess was completely flustered at this point.

"If what you say holds true, then this is bad! Even the mangroves will not keep us safe from them then! But wait...what do you mean that everything is okay now?"

The panicked lizard cried out but suddenly changed to a pensive tone as she considered their earlier conversation. It doesn't seem likely that the youth is intending to lie. If what he says is true, it would make sense for the presence of those core formation beasts since even the lizardmen have heard of the notoriety of the northern overlord. How could such an invasion be safe to return to, it would make more sense to run away as far as possible. Even if they had to invade into human territory, it would be safer than that voracious overlord who is said to eat any and everything.

"Well, I guess you can say that the western overlord came out and defeated the northern overlord. Even those core formation beasts were mostly eradicated from the basin region. All that remains there currently is the corpse of the northern overlord."

Liu Xun said as he shrugged his shoulders, he realized how ridiculous he sounded. Like even if there was a chance it was true, how did a qi gathering cultivator like him make it out alive of such a legendary fight and tell the tale? It would be a large mystery then. The white lizardman chieftess was definitely staring at him with a suspicious glance as she considered his words.

"But how...no, I probably won't believe it even if you tell it to me. So you are saying the basin area is now safe for us to return?"

She asked pensively as she weighed her options. It might be worth risking sending a scout to check the situation, if this human's words ring true, they would be able to return to their peaceful basin and no longer suffer in exhaustion and fear.

"Well, if you are willing to believe me, it probably is. It would at least be safer than these marshlands which are home to many hostile natives for you all."

He continued his words as he replied with sincerity.

"Indeed, it would be much safer. How perturbing, your words sound sincere and the picture you painted sounds very beautiful. Yet, it is all too absurd at the very same time. It would be selfish of me to ask, but could you present any evidence? We, lizardmen, would be in your debt if your words could save many of our lives."

The chieftess said out respectfully as she took a slight bow. The listening lizardmen panicked as they heard her words and performed the bow. The proud tribe would not lower their heads so casually, especially to a weaker adversary! Some of them felt discontent, but they knew they had no say over the white lizard.

"Hmm, evidence. I don't really have any. Hmm, did you take anything from Shaggaroth, Millie?"

Liu Xun spoke as he looked upwards at the sleep fox.

Kiiiiyu? Kiyu.

"Ahhh, you didn't take anything off their corpse cause they disgust you, huh. But a pseudo-Nascent Soul beast should have some good materials..."

Liu Xun scratched his head as he considered the situation. The inner loot goblin in him rang out as now he felt a big temptation to return back to the fight zone. Previously, Millie had to evacuate the fainted him to safety so there was no opportunity to scavenge the corpse of such a great being. He could perhaps make amazing pills or great weapons, though the thought of using a beast that has devoured that many humans kind of deters him as well. Well, loot is loot, he comforted himself.

"Ahhh, you do not have any such thing? It is understandable, it would be difficult to take anything whilst in the view of such beings. Even I would not imagine myself doing such a thing."

The white chieftess nodded to herself as she processed his words.

"Well, we can always send one scout. It would be a worthy sacrifice to check the situation."

She continued as she bowed towards him once again.

"But...chieftess, for this foreigner!"

One of the lizardmen behind rebutted, it seemed to be a large burly lizardman who wielded a thick wooden shield.

"Enough defender! If this sir speaks the truth, we would no longer have to risk the lives of our weaker kin to face those weird fishmen. We are also the invaders of their territory so of course, they would get angry at us."

The chieftess quickly turned to the lizardman who spoke out as she berated him. Liu Xun looked at the chieftess with surprise. She had previously allowed her last defender who he had fought a close fight with to decide a duel, but now she chooses to side with him. He felt like he could not read the intents of this female lizardman.

Kiyu~kiyu.

"Hmm, what do you mean there is nothing to worry about?"

Liu Xun wondered as he heard the fox howl out softly above his head.

"I mean~I am the best evidence, right?"

A large 8-meter fox stood by the side of Liu Xun as its voice rang out like the chime of a bell. It seems that Millie had reverted back to her original beast form. The resplendent silver fox looked down onto the group of lizardmen as she slowly scanned all of them.

"Liu Xun's words are indeed the truth. I Millie Silverborn, the western overlord of the Vermillion Ranges can verify the honor of my name and title! That should be convincing enough right, little lizards?"

She spoke out in a proud voice as the azure flames behind each of her six tails shone brightly.

Upon the sight of the majestic Inverse Core ruler, the lizardman all prostrated in reverence and fear. It is very rare for the denizens of each region to meet their overlord except during the time these overlords demanded tributes. It sent shivers down their tails at the very thought that the overlord could possibly be requesting for offerings when they were already in such a bad condition.

"G-greetings, great ruler! I-I am Sila, the chieftess from the Lake Yin Lizard Tribe! I-I am sorry that us subjects are unable to recognize your magnificence, we have sinned! We are also unable to prepare an appropriate offering at this time, many apologies!"

The chieftess spoke out in a panicky tone as she spoke out respectfully towards Millie.

Liu Xun looked at the poor group of frightened lizards, before slowly turning towards the gloating silver fox. It seems that she enjoys showing off her authority from the river to the zephyr eagle, to those sabertooth beasts, and now towards these lizardmen.

"Umu, it is okay. I did not reveal myself on purpose, but since you require words of persuasion. I feel that my words should be sufficient! Also, I have no need for a vagrant tribe's tributes!"

She nodded with pride as she looked upwards.

"Of course! If the ruler says that she has defeated the northern overlord, us subjects are inclined to believe it! We would not dare question your words or intentions, oh great ruler! But may I ask, why are you traveling with that human?"

The chieftess continued to speak respectfully, before issuing a question that deeply bothered her. The overlord was actually beside this human youth, there is a chance that she was actually present during their previous encounter as well during their migration. Yet, she chose to observe the situation. As a ruler, she is not obliged to help the denizens, but she had no reason to side with humans either.

"Ohho~are you actually questioning me here?"

A slightly surprised yet haughty beratement came from the fox as Millie glared towards the prostrating white lizard.

"N-No! This subject doesn't dare! This subject is ap-pologetic for her careless words! Please have mercy!"

The chieftess realized her mistake as she continued to apologize while prostrating.

"Hey Millie, stop bullying the poor lizard already."

Liu Xun decided to speak up for the lizardmen. They had already suffered enough. There was no need to boost Millie's ego while leaving them in greater fear.

"What you are siding with this lizard now? Has getting on top of her changed your impression of lizards? How interesting, maybe I should also..."

The fox looked towards him in surprise as she began to consider some weird things.

"Hey, do not bring that up again! I was trying my best to avoid that subject! And stop considering such a scary thought!"

The black-robed youth rebutted her as he felt the need to stop this fox from all her weird thoughts every time. She had already been behaving very weirdly since he had woken up after the Shaggaroth fight. There was also the quest which he had to consider.

Go go! Just mount her too! -Heavenly Temptress

Oh great senior, please don't interject too! I am too busy handling this situation which is spiraling out of control!

Boo! How boring. -Heavenly Temptress

"Ahem anyways, I hope my words have more credibility now. I would also like to ask if your lizard tribe has found the Crystal Blood Jade Lilies that bloom on a lone tree in this marsh. It was located somewhere around here, but we cannot seem to find it."

Liu Xun quickly changed the subject, he realized they were approaching some dangerous territory here.

"Oh, that black leaf tree with red shiny flowers? Yes, we have come across it. It isn't really far, just about a two hours distance down this way. That tree looked really dangerous though."

The lizardman chieftess pointed towards the south as she slowly recalled the large tree which stood alone as it bloomed red spider-like flowers. It had an ominous presence as well as a strong aura that deterred their entire tribe from approaching it, even the chieftain decided to stay away from it.

"Oh right, well thank you for this information. Now that both of us have what we need, let us bid our farewells. We still have many things to do!"

Liu Xun exclaimed in joy, they had been searching around in circles for half a day already. They almost had to cut their trip short due to being unable to find this tree. He clasped his hands as he gave a quick bow before turning and raising his foot. At this point, the glorious Millie had turned back into the tiny fox as she quickly reclaimed her throne above his head.

"Wait a moment, sir!"

A sudden interjection from his back as the youth stopped in his tracks.

"It would be presumptuous of us, but it would be great if we could follow you. I assume that you would be returning to the Yin Lake soon. Our tribe is weak and vulnerable now and both your help as well as the great overlord is much appreciated. We will of course do our best to reward you!"

The white chieftess asked while her forehead was still touching the ground. To be honest, Liu Xun felt very uncomfortable talking to these lizardmen who had taken such a submissive position. It just did not feel comfortable to him. He just sighed as he gave slight thought about it. They were both indeed heading the same way and doing a favor should not be that bad.

"Fine, it should not bother us too much. I am sure the rest of your tribe is still busy. Just meet us back here later with your entire tribe, we will go and harvest the Bloodjade Lilies first! Millie, you are fine with that right?"

Liu Xun sighed as he looked up towards the sleeping fox. The fox just tapped her paw in agreement before returning back to sleep.

"Thank you, sir! Our lizard tribe will not forget your kindness!"

The priestess replied happily.

--

So much talking. Well, it seems that we are traveling with lizards for a few days~

1