Rooftop Garden
707 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     Wang Kai leaves the penthouse rolling the purple pills around in his hand, if he could circulate these he could make a fortune they are like a combination of Viagra, aphrodisiac with a touch of a hallucinogen. Where did someone like Wang Rebecca even find a drug like this when she was on the island. He puts on his sunglasses as he leaves the building and enters a black BMW, “Go to the headquarters.” He wants to finish up then hurry to his office.

    His bodyguard turns around, “Boss I have some bad news.”

    “Worse than being unable to fulfill a simple task of getting compromising pictures of that bastard Leng Shuai.”

   “Yeah the woman is at Su Wan's beat to a pulp, obviously they want you to know.”

    “Su Wan's?”

   “Yeah they said she was dumped in the alley last night.”

    “Why didn't you tell me this last night?” He is fuming she probably gave up the delivery man luckily the money is untraceable.

    “I tried but a woman answered your phone and said you were unavailable.”

    Wang Kai tenses up his body, Rebecca had the nerve to answer his phone and not tell him! He didn't notice any calls she must have also erased it. He will deal with that little whore later.

   “Go to Su Wan's.”

   “Are you sure you know Zhou Mo has been having you followed.”

   Behind his sunglasses he is fiercely glaring at him, “Since when are you qualified to give me advice?”

    He tells the driver, “If you can't lose some second rate tail you are of no use to me.” If he can't accomplish this for that old man he is going to make things difficult for him. It sounded simple how did it not work, the Black Lotus Club is notorious for their non interference unless it oversteps into their interests.

    Wang Kai calls the car behind him informing his head of security to meet at the office he wants to be less conspicuous going to this part of town. The SUV veers off and stops following Wang Kai's car.

    Leaning  back in the seat he is experiencing some discomfort he only was thinking of Little Ning and got another erection, damn maybe he took too much last night he is fucking hot he needs to get to his office to pick the little kitten up to satisfy him. He loosens his black tie and unbuttons the top two buttons of his shirt then takes his suit coat off. He might need to relieve himself in the car.

    When they arrive at Su Wan's they are escorted into a room on the second floor, when he enters he is greeted by a short bald man wearing traditional Chinese clothes.”Long time no see Boss Wang.”

   Wang Kai replies, “Not long enough where is the woman?”

    The man has a shifty look and holds out his withered hand. Wang Kai nods to his bodyguard who places a stack of money onto the man's sweaty palm. It only takes a few moments before the woman is dragged into the room.

    She is still wearing the uniform from yesterday and her hair is matted from the dried blood. The smell from her is nauseating but Wang Kai wants a few answers himself before he has her killed. The bodyguard yanks her head up, her eyes are glazed the man in front of her is a blur they shot her up with something to kill the pain while she is being interrogated.

    “Mister save me.”

    Wang Kai laughs, “No one is here to save you but my man will put you out of your misery as soon as you answer two questions of mine.”

    She realizes that would be better than the pain she has been in since last night when the people here found out she messed with a powerful man they let her rot in a room knowing he would come to kill her soon. They were surprised it took until morning.

    “Who was in the room when you brought in the drugged wine?”

    “Huh?” She can't think anymore.

   “Give her the stimulant.”

   The bodyguard takes out a syringe and sticks the needle into a vein in her arm. She jerks back in the seat her eyes wide open with a look of terror. Her heart is racing and she stares blankly at the two terrifying men with bloodshot eyes.

   “Awake now? Who was in the room when you brought the wine?”

    “A celebrity.. very handsome man I don't know his name.”

    “No one else?”

    “No but when I was at the room across the hall waiting for the guest to open the door a young woman entered the room, then three men in black suits.”

    Interesting he will need to see the tape from the camera that was hidden in the room.

    “When the men were questioning you what did you tell them about the delivery man?”

   She shakes her head, “Nothing no I didn't see his face.”

  “Nothing are you sure?” Wang Kai's patience is wearing thin and the sight of this wretched woman is almost unbearable so ugly.

    Her face grimaces yes she said he had a tattoo. Looking at the handsome man in front of her she can see his eyes are emotionless. She will die soon, well it is her fate. “Will you make my death quick.”

   “Yes.”

    This is better than being kept here in this place. “I said he had a tattoo of a Red Wolf on his arm.”

   Wang Kai clenches his fist at his sides, no wonder they let him find this woman what a joke just to let him know the Red Wolf Syndicate will pay.

    He bursts out laughing at his own negligence, how stupid was he to send one of his own men to deliver the drug. It sounded like such a simple way to blackmail Leng Shuai... what man wants pictures of the heinous act of forcing themselves on another man.

    Did the old man set up his Syndicate by asking him to drug Leng Shuai then send him the pictures. He walks out of the room as he exits he motions to the bodyguard. No cries could be heard as the unfortunate woman's neck is slit leaving her crumpled corpse to be cleaned up by Su Wan's housekeeper.

    Now Wang Kai really wants to see his Little Ning to forget about this business. Played like a sucker by that old bastard if he hadn't been distracted lately by that fucking little whore Rebecca he would have paid closer atention to see the hidden agenda of the old fart.

    The crafty old fox created a formidable enemy for my Red Wolf Syndicate without lifting a finger, I shouldn't have underestimated Leng Shuai. {Unbeknownst to him it was a quirk of fate that brought Kuang Bo to the private room and Feng LiMei's impulsiveness that destroyed his plan. He also was fed the misinformation Leng Shuai is gay.}

   He gets a call, “The driver is taken care of.” He doesn't say anything just hangs up the phone, nothing good is going to come of this situation. The tinted window is up between the front and back seat in the BMW Wang Kai can't hold it any longer,placing his hand on himself he grabs a towel from the console in the back seat for when he explodes. The driver and the bodyguard hear a muffled groan from the back seat.

  "..." 

   When he is finished he tosses the towel on the ground  wipes his hand then fiddles with the ring on his finger twirling it around, he tells the bodyguard in the front seat “Tell them to bring me the tape when they retrieve it.” There has to be a way to salvage the situation, Leng Shuai won't move on him yet he will want to know why he was targeted. Most likely he will wait until after his banquet on Friday night at the Crescent Moon Hotel so that is a few days away before the shit hits.

    Wang Kai tells the driver to go to the exclusive lingerie shop on Oak Street. He decides fuck them both, the old fox and Leng Shuai I am not going to worry about it today.  His bodyguard gets to the door to check if there are any other customers. Two men are sitting on the velvet couch, the bodyguard walks in and tells something to the manager, she immediately says in a French accent, "Gentleman I must close for the time being  please leave I will compensate you on your next visit."

    She is happy these aren't two powerful men or no way would she ask them to leave, then she would have to deal with that crazy Wang Kai. When he enters the shop there are beautiful models parading around in the latest styles of lingerie from Chloe's Cloud Collection the most expensive brand from Paris a branch of Henri Couture. The models are wearing 10cm high heels which make the lingerie even sexier. 

     They toss their hair provocatively leaning into him. He is approached by the woman who manages it, Chingenne Marie, “Mr. Wang I haven't seen you here in awhile let me get you a beverage tea? wine? I can have the girls give you a private showing in the Cloud Chamber.

    “No need today.” Normally he would enjoy them as they modeled for him even letting a few favored ones take the lingerie off for him. It is an added perk supplied by Marie to her special customers.

    She is surprised at his refusal, “What are you looking for today?”

    He watches the models as they walk through the store he sees a woman wearing a red thong with a laced up corseted top that is good, but today he wants something that highlights Little Ning's innocent look that is what makes him crazy for her.

    When he discovered she was a virgin that day he couldn't hold back it lighted his desire it has intensified since then knowing he is the only man that has touched her body.. What a difference from that slut Rebecca who had several lovers in America although she lied and said he was the only one after an investigation he found out what a good liar she is.

    Wang Kai doesn't see anything that interests him, “Do you have something that is pure white lace?”

    Marie is surprised usually he buys black or red lingerie. “I do over here did you want Angel to model it for you?” She takes out three styles that he might like, they are the purest white delicately handmade each one is beautiful and the highest quality.

      The lace is purchased from a small  exclusive shop in Belgium known famously for its quality and beauty.  He likes them all and doesn't want another woman wearing it before he gives it to her. “I will take all three, no need to have Angel  model for me.”

   She wraps them up and he pays, he can't wait to see the shy little girl wearing it so he can rip it off of her body then taste all of her. He wonders what it will be like when she takes the pill he will dissolve in her tea she doesn't drink wine.

    His driver is leaning against the car smoking a cigarette usually the boss takes longer in the store. He throws his cigarette opening the door for him. “Take me to the office.” In the backseat he stretches his legs while he calls the Crescent Moon Hotel instructing them to have his suite filled with white and pink flowers, for having such a shitty morning he is in a rather good mood anticipating his afternoon in bed with his soft little kitten.

    Rebecca takes a long bath then calls in her trusted person assistant. The woman is discreet and reliable she pays her a high salary and when she hired her forced her to sign a confidentiality agreement. “ here apply this for me.” 

     She lays on the bed on her stomach, Fiora gasps as she sees her mistress' back covered in long red marks.

    Wang Rebecca is beautiful why does she let some slag man abuse her like this. She has been tempted to tell Rebecca's brother Wang Kai he has a doting expression when he looks at his sister about the abuse. 

     But she is afraid she will lose her job although Wang Rebecca can be hard to deal with at times the salary pays for her brother's expenses in University.

    “Miss will you be needing me this afternoon?”

   “Why?”

    “My brother is coming home from University this afternoon and I wanted to meet him at the train station. I can make it up on my day off on Saturday. Fiora uses her hands to gently massage the healing ointment onto the raw red marks careful not to irritate the injuries. The cooling sensation of the gel combined with the gentle massage puts Rebecca in a relaxed frame of mind.

    If she didn't have a reliable maid like Fiora how would she deal with Kai's tortuous actions, “Hmm..that will be fine, I was going to have you work on Saturday to attend me before my wedding reception anyway.”

   Fiora's face shows her  relief she seldom gets to see her little brother now that he is in Shenshuan City studying. She finishes applying the gel, “I will see if the cook has finished preparing your breakfast.”

    “No need when I get dressed I am leaving, if she has finished making it you may take it with you to share with your brother.” Fiora looks at Rebecca lying on the bed she is in an unusually good mood to offer these things to her. 

    How can she be so happy after spending the night with that scum? “Thank you Miss, when you are ready I will fix your makeup and hair.” Fiora leaves to go to the kitchen and Rebecca gets off the bed to get dressed.

    After she goes to the hospital to see Rui she will need to figure out how to contact that man Amir. He was on vacation where did he say he lived? She was drunk at the bar after finding out Rui had left the island with the little slut in tow. How can she find him?

      Right she can go to the Black lotus Club tonight there are always rich unsavory foreigners there.

    Smiling she picks out a red dress by Chanel that highlights her figure. Slipping on her high heels she can feel the pain still in her back and waist as she bends over, Kai was incorrigible last night not letting her rest for a minute. 

     When she is dressed she calls Fiora in to fix her makeup and hair there is no time to go to the Salon she has wasted enough time this morning.

    In the hospital Rui and LiMei are walking to the construction area when LiMei's stomach begins to rumble, she hadn't eaten the porridge after realizing Rui was having problems with his mind this morning.

      She glances up at the tall figure walking next to her, I hope he didn't hear that. I can wait for Dr. Woo to come then get a bite to eat.

    Rui looks down at the petite girl, she didn't eat she must be hungry from the sound of her stomach rumbling. “Miss Feng I'm hungry let's get lunch before I go to the new wing.” He dials a number, “Tell Gong Sinian I will meet him at the new wing in an hour.”

   She had a good point walking through the hospital will cause gossip, they can eat on his personal rooftop garden discreetly. 

    No one is allowed there and they can eat comfortably, it is a beautiful day today and he hasn't gone there in awhile. “Miss Feng what would you like to eat?”

    Is he really hungry of did he hear my stomach making noise, how embarrassing. “Anything, I like anything.”

    Rui dials a fusion restaurant nearby he can have a variety of dishes sent up to his office Bai Chiyu can bring it from there. “I ordered a small variety it should be here in a half hour. We can go to the terrace to wait.”

    They walk to an exclusive elevator that goes to the roof, it is his personal space when he designed the hospital he included the garden on the hospital grounds for patients, and employee garden accessed from the second floor and his tranquil garden on the roof. He makes another call, “Chiyu I'm having lunch delivered bring it to the the rooftop.”

   “Dr. Qiao you are at the hospital?”

    “Yes I'm checking the initial work on the new wing consulting with Gong Sinian. The steel beams were finally delivered and they are beginning the construction. Didn't you get my email yesterday?”

    She did but thought he would check in with her when he arrived. “I did but I assumed you would stop by the office and I would accompany you.”

   “No need just bring our lunch up when it arrives.”

   Bai Chiyu hangs up the phone he seldom goes to the garden 'our lunch' is Wang Rebecca with him?

    The elevator opens and LiMei gasps the garden is impressive, she can't help but say, “So beautiful!” It is small compared to the garden for the patients on the grounds of course but it still is splendid, Her eyes sparkle looking at all the different flowers and the intricate design. "Did you design this as well as the garden for the patients."

    Rui gives her a quizzical look, no one knows he designed the ancient style garden on the hospital grounds how does she know?

   “I did, Miss Feng how do you know I designed the patient's garden?”

    LiMei wants to slap herself for saying the first thing that came to her mind. Dammit! I didn't know it was some sort of secret what can I say you told me?

   If he questions her she will just say she was a patient and asked someone. He couldn't know all the patients that check into his hospital. 

"Have you been in the gardens here before?"

“Actually yes, I was a patient at this hospital and I thought the garden was incredibly beautiful  so I asked the nurse what famous person designed it. She said it was their very own Dr. Qiao.”

   What nurse would be privy to this fact, its not that he hid it for any particular reason it just never was publicized only Bai Chiyu is aware of his interest in landscape design. It just isn't common knowledge.

    LiMei quickly walks along towards the back of the garden looking out towards the river, what a view. “Dr. Qiao the fragrance from the flowers is unbelievably relaxing and this view is amazing.”

   “Thank you, it is named Tranquil Garden because a few of the flowers' scents have qualities when you breathe them in of relaxing your mind. 

     He stands next to her looking out towards the river, this land was incredibly expensive but he felt at the time he had to buy it for his hospital to be built here. Standing next to her he feels her scent is even more intoxicating than all the flowers here.

    He is getting lost in his thoughts when he hears Bai Chiyu, “Dr. Qiao your meal is here are you with your wife?” She looks around and can't see them, they walk out from the back of the garden, Rui has black lines forming on his forehead and LiMei is blushing, this is very awkward.

    Bai Chiyu almost drops the containers, Qiao Rui looks very angry, why did she open her mouth, why didn't she just bring the food and set it down. 

    Trying to salvage the situation she quickly sets the food on the table without saying another word. She knows his personality well enough that anything she says will make the situation more uncomfortable. Best to retreat quickly.

    “You can go. Unless it is important don't interrupt me this afternoon.”

   “Yes Dr. Qiao.” Bai Chiyu turns around to leave, his frosty voice echoing in her ears. It seems since the little bitch has come on the scene she has been scolded more times than in the entire time she has worked for him.

   LiMei hangs back with her head lowered, maybe she won't recognize her, she peeks up and the look on Bai Chiyu's face of total disdain says she knows who she is.

    After she leaves LiMei pretends she didn't hear the words, 'your wife.' She puts the plates out and opens the containers, “Smells delicious!”

   Rui watches her bright smile as she places the steaming food on the table, he rubs his temples he has a sharp pain in his head again. As she is setting the food out with the garden in the background the images return of a laughing girl in a garden he can't see her face but he knows she was special to him. 

     Closing his eyes he tries to focus, the images are more clear than it has been in his mind. A beautiful girl sits on his lap and he takes a picture of them. He suddenly hears LiMei, “Dr. Qiao...Dr. Qiao?” he snaps out of it in a daze then  after he composes himself he reaches in his pocket for the headache remedy. This is crazy why is he having these images flash through his mind. What the hell is going on with him. “Sorry I have been under some stress lately, eat.”

   He leans back in his seat drinking some water and takes the medication. LiMei puts food on his plate, “You eat too, didn't you say you were hungry?”

   Rui stares at her with an intense feeling something isn't right, who is the girl in the flash of images and why does seeing Feng LiMei trigger the fragmented memories in his mind.

      Are they connected or did the girl even exist at all?

5