Chapter 340: The Students Who Saved the World 3
227 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gav stayed his eyes on the ground where Teacher was staying. Teacher disappeared from them on the island of Concordia despite their protests. Suddenly, Teacher arrived in the town with a partner. Gav had been hiding his presence and the two were undoubtedly close.

They’ve known the associates of the Teacher and had been throughout the world in search of a way to prevent the rise of another being that could affiliate with the darkness of one’s soul. The world was saved totally with this, and yet in their journey, they had not heard of someone like Nolan Salvatore.

“His power rivals even mine, no, he was holding back,” Gav thought.

Nolan and Teacher stood watching the circle summon two of Gav’s friends. Lovell and Orland, the strongest duo, but that could change with the Teacher and this Nolan being together. Gav took a step and stood close. Lovell’s face was already scrutinizing the towering Nolan. He was a strange man with a stony look on his face. He gave a calm and still aura that Gav had underestimated him.

“Who is this ma, Teacher?”

“Nolan Salvatore,” Teacher said. “I doubt you heard of him.”

“Greetings, “Orland said. “I see that you have been with, Teacher. What are you to her?”

Nolan Salvatore turned to Ashia and then back to Orland. “Husband.”

Gav raised his brows. Orland smiled wearily while Lovell immediately flicked her wrist and a power burst forth that should have lifted this man off the ground. He merely stood unharmed, looking at Ashia with a calm face.

“Please be lenient, they are still heroes of this world.”

“Understood.”

Orland drew a sword of light. Lovell pulled a staff from her own space. She glared. “Gav! What are you doing?”

“Look! Another person has come and fooled our teacher! We must teach him a lesson!”

“I don’t think the Teacher’s as foolish as you think she is.”

Gav smiled. The two of them brandished their attacks towards Nolan. Nolan dodged their attacks without a sweat. Gav was worried about the output of their attacks, thankfully Teacher had made a barrier that was able to block even their attacks.

“Teacher is even stronger than before,” Gav thought.

He continued watching the two heroes attacking Nolan. For these two the Teacher was a figure they thought of as a parent and their overprotective behavior is the results of Teacher spoiling them. Many had tried to court Teacher, but they’ve been put down by these two who would test the courter with such two.

“They’re angry that the Teacher didn’t invite them to her wedding? Or was it because she didn’t tell them at all? That Orland, abandoning his knight duties for this. Still, they aren’t hitting him.”

Nolan Salvatore continued dodging their attacks. They were like little children trying to hit an adult. Frustration builds up as they couldn’t do anything to him. Orland brandished his sword, the elemental light changing in-between all elements.

Nolan Salvatore’s stony face didn’t change. He continued to stare at the two while keeping his composure. His suit was unharmed, his posture and gait were unbroken. Lovell started to sang the elemental song and rained hail. Gav noticed the Teacher’s brow being raised. The output of the spell was strong enough to break even sound. It was only when that Nolan Salvatore finally conjured a sword made of stone?

Gav blinked. Nolan Salvatore was gone and the ice spikes conjured like hale were minced in mid-air. Lovell’s eyes widened as her staff was torn to shreds and Orland’s elemental light of a sword overcome by a stronger light. Gav blinked and the two were on the ground restrained by a rope made of green light.

“Okay,” Teacher clapped. Nolan Salvatore breathed out. Orland and Lovell stood up with their eyes on the sword that Nolan Salvatore was holding.

“What is that?”

“The Pale Obsidian Sword of Zachariah. My sword and my blood, the light of my soul.”

The sword became particles of light.

“You are strong,” Orland said. “I think it would have been far easier if you were with us.”

“That’s right!” Lovell demanded. “Where were you when the world needed someone strong?”

Teacher took a step in front of Nolan Salvatore. “He’s been fighting a vengeful goddess and had been fighting demons that you, my little ducklings would despair at. Orland, your movements are sloppy, Lovell, watch the output. Nolan here could have beheaded the two of you if he was not careful. We have known each other for a very long time and had been recently united after so many years. I came here worried for the three of you but it seems the world is safe in your hands. I will be leaving so do not worry about me.”

“Where, Mother?” Lovell said. “I thought you were going to be at our wedding.”

“Lass, I think you will excuse this selfishness-”

“No,” Nolan placed a hand on Teacher’s shoulder. “You’ll be going. This is important.”

“But-”

“No, do not miss their happiest of days,” he said. “I’ll be fine on my own.”

“You can come,” Orland said. “If Teacher’s missing out on our wedding for your sake then she must really miss you. Besides, I don’t think we haven’t got a beating like this ever since we saved this world.”

Lovell calmly looked at Nolan. “How long have you known, Mother?”

“Longer than I should have,” Nolan Salvatore said.”

“I see, then forgive us for how brazen we are. I believe you understand.”

“I do.”

Nolan Salvatore was a man of few words. He stood silently after replying. Teacher traveled her eyes back and forth and patted her forehead. “Fine, still, Orland, why are you here instead of working?”

“I wanted to see you, Teacher. We’re having a baby.”

Teacher stood dumbfounded before glaring at the two of them with frozen eyes. In Gav’s years, he had not seen such frosty eyes on their teacher.

“You fools!” Her voice boomed. “You risked the life of your child in such a stupid stunt! How dare you two!”

Anger was rare from the Teacher, and yet her words were cold. Her calmness was gone and the only thing left was rational anger to fools who’d endangered their child.

8