Chapter 349: Book 4 Interlude – Bloody Alice.
204 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alice landed on the mountain range. She came down walking past the tall sturdy trees. Upon arriving to the outskirts of the mountain range she saw four-wheeled vehicles carrying lumber. The personnel working wore uniforms that she assumed were part of a military.

“I am a foreigner here,” she thought. “I have to make sure that they don’t spot me. Hmm, the chains says it all doesn’t it?”

Slaves were not common in the memories of the war maiden. Bastards, criminals, and the poor forced to work under harsh circumstances. She was not fond of them, and Alice thought that only those who have sinned deserved this. She gave an impartial eye to the chained ones.

She slid through cover, and listened in.

“Looks like the prisoners are working properly. As long as they are anchored then there is no way they can escape,” said a voice.

“The spell returns them back home. After we changed their minds into thinking that their cells are home. They will return when we shoot then. God Bless the Heroes,” she heard him laugh loudly.

“The spell will take a thousand years to decipher. The heroes stopped the dark one, but they didn’t thought much other than mercy. I wonder if the Magus is going to make this beneficial for the Empire?”

“We were beaten in the outer-lands, but I believe that the Empire will rise. The Volk of Man shall persist.”

Alice had no information. She didn’t know what was to do other than patiently wait. The two soldiers chatted until the trucks carrying the lumber moved. She hanged under the trucks with her legs locked under the vehicle. She focused her thoughts on the information.

“I cannot allow myself to side one side alone. I made that mistake when I thought the demons of my home world were the enemies. Everyone of them has their own reasons for what they are doing. I cannot compromise on this. Never again.”

She thought with a steeled resolve.

The vehicle traveled for hours before stopping. She heard a polluted smell as she observes her surroundings. She swung her body away from the vehicle and saw time moved slow. The tall buildings, flying ships, and the strange crystals around made her nod.

She landed with grace, and turned her attention to the city encased with blackened walls. “Was the city burned by something? No, what are these creatures that attacked them?”

The surroundings of the blackened walls were skeletons of large beasts. One of them were the size of a hill, and the one that stood out the most was the body of some sort of beast that turned into rock. She saw that there were checkpoints and she didn’t have paper. Not that it mattered when she was like a crouching ghost. Alice got inside the waled city and plodded through the streets.

The roads were ill-maintained, and there were signs of war. She could smell the smell of construction around. The banging of hammers and the clanking of chains. She continued down a street, took a left, and turn towards the barracks where the majority of the soldiers were. She listened in with her hearings.

“My power’s connected to the string of power my main body’s sending me. The connection is far, and the suppression from this world is too strong. I can’t get my power out or this world itself will retaliate. The difference between baubles of reality is truly too much, and this world’s set of rules makes it harder for me to adjust as well. I can still use dominate and my physical abilities, especially my perceptions are still fine. Not to mention that this body had deficiency in mastering the runics.”

Alice walked around until she found gangs of murderers and thieves. She could not believe the way how people are treated. The spell cast around the world seem to enslave them to their home. Alice could think of a peaceful application, but those who are unable to defend themselves are forced in situations where they are anchored to a single place.

“I cannot stand for this,” she held the devil back. “I cannot use my power here. If they are able to manifest a world spell like this then they are strong. Not to mention that my connection to my main body is stagnant. Only despair, and sadness.”

Alice clutched her chest. It was painful seeing the memories. She promised that one day she would leave her blade on the side of the road. “I think of saving the world and the people yet I would put him into torment and fail at saving him. What kind of savior I am?”

She laughs with her figure appearing before them. Her slash rends their legs and the one who seems in charge of the gang fell on his cut off legs. Alice placed her left palm on top of this man, and her eyes glowed. She saw memories upon memories and sortied them out. She crushed the unimportant ones and harvested the things she needed.

“Dominate,” she said. “I never used this ever since I tampered with his memories. I need to find more memories to take, and proceed with caution. If the one suppressing my power is here somewhere then it would be best not to get found out. I can only move on with this power.”

“Deadman,” she thought of the Deadman that was known from this body’s home world. She had heard of an exterminator who exterminated a hideout of mountain bandits with said cruelty. With the Hominy spell of this world not working against her. She would be able to save a handful of souls from the torture.

“This isn’t my world,” she said to herself. “Why should I even continued this fight?”

She looked at her hand and to the ones struggling on the ground. The cruel world that her main body had made her heart like steel. She had been killing that she was used to it. This was her only way, and she had persisted for it. She couldn’t stop, and that’s why her merciless blade took the lives of the people around her, then the world itself took their bodies.


End of Book 4 interludes

5