Chapter 363: An Understanding of Three
207 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nolan was the main fragment. He was sure of this. The last fragment that ended up in the towering worlds was the second last of him. He could recall the fragment of his being, a separate existence that haunts. Madness was the weapon of this fragment, and yet Nolan could tell that he no longer had a connection with that being.

He was sure that he was a Bleak Walker, not the betrayed, and certainly not the Deadman that he saw glimpses in his memories. Although he was the anchor point of his memories, existence like the Pale Shine Lady, who Ashia embodies, as her anchor point acts as her true identity even though she was reborn after fighting the Burnt Woman.

He thought of it as simply as ‘Bleak Walker Nolan’ and ‘Deadman’ as a separate existence. And Ashia being the Pale Shine, while Ciara as the Burnt Woman. There were gaps in his memories and certainly when he died trying to free himself from the clutches of the Burnt Woman and prevent her and the family she had made to escape the world he knew before, he received memories, and even used such memories to butcher those bandits on that mountain using Einar’s body.

“Still, I don’t feel any connection to him anymore,” Nolan sucked in the air, and pulled the invisible strings in front of him. “And May God’s love be with you.”

Nolan wouldn’t have asked this question if it was not for Audrey, who he discovered was the Witch of Nether. Though knowing her identity, Nolan couldn’t help but bow his head to the mentor who had engraved the runes in his bones and muscles.  Not to mention, he thought of the days where he found her among the ranks of the bleak walkers.

“Shit, so Ashia knew huh,” Nolan grunted. “Should I be thankful that my wife has the same taste? Goodness, who thought that we both had the eye on her.”

Nola wasn’t surprised since they were rather close. If anything, Audrey seems like she’s happier to know of Ashia’s pregnancy. If anything, the three of them being together seems like a trip back to the past.

“Goodness,” Audrey said, her purple robe’s sleeves tucked on her side. “To think that I’d see a day like this again. You work fast, Nolan.”

Nolan groaned, then nodded, “Is she going to be alright?”

“Two beings that has a tug on the creation itself is quite worrisome. Worry not, despite her lack of knowing, she’s able to give birth, though I expect that I have the position of the godmother.”

“Sure,” Nolan smiled. “Is that even a question? Still, if you had revealed yourself earlier.”

“I would have,” Audrey nodded. “I was watching the two of you from a distances. You were easy to identity with your face, and I had already suspected that Ciara’s dormant memories would be awakened the moment she comes in contact with you. You are soul-bound after all so it didn’t take long. Though, you are a lucky man, no, I should say that both of you have finally wizened up?

A huge smile of relief plastered on her face, “You two have been chasing each other, fighting, and scowling that it was rather tiresome.  Not to mention that you two had the audacity to seduce me in that timeline.”

“We did not,” Nolan protested.

“Hey, I didn’t mind it,” she turned her head to Ashia. “Did you? Because we did thought you were dead, and frankly you know how it was.”

“A moment of weakness,” Ashia said, nodding. “I lost to myself, and besides do you really expect me to push him down instead of someone who had been with me in that tent?”

“Why yes,” Audrey said. “Your cold shoulder to your loyal knight was annoying. So it fills me with my joy that my loveliest are finally together, free from their stupidities that has caused me heartaches and irritation. Not to mention,” she hooked Ashia and Nolan with her elbows. “You two are and has been a pain to me. You two idiotic fools!”

Nolan locked gaze with Ashia, and nodded. “Come on, you are being sentimental now.”

“How could I not?” she snorted. “We being together again has always been my dream. Do you know much of a loony the burnt woman was? She was indeed a fragment that took the identify of MY Ciara and that I have to act for a millennia knowing that she might just pull the plug out of my soul! A terrible experience, I say.”

 “Still,” she added, arms folded. “It is alarming that she had become a Goddess. Do you two even feel alarmed?”

“Yes,” Nolan said, a weary smile showing. “She has a knack of showing up suddenly, and I take it into consideration of that happening.”

Ashia stayed silent. “I hope she does have the heart. I felt heart heat when she defeated me and I was thrown to this world. I would have been unable to reach this world if not for her opening a hole. Spite her, hate her, and even mock her, still, I understand the madness of losing your child. No one, not even her, should be allowed to feel that. If it was to save my children from being an eternal source of power for worlds. Then I would too, no repeat her mistake just to save them.”

Ashia showed a terrible resolve as well. Shamefully, Nolan who had the memories to understand that pain, knew that deep inside, if such thing happened to him, then undoubtedly he would become another Deadman, and follow the path as well.

“Ah, that was it,” Nolan muttered. He looked at his hands and thought again. His fingers were whole, and he wasn’t missing any.

 If there was anything that he could recall about being the Deadman. It was that he lost three of his fingers. He was rather glad to see them complete. Heaving a sigh, he turned toward the sea where the giants bathe, praying that his heart remains steeled and firm. The memories of Deadman was fading, and yet he couldn’t find happiness in such thoughts.

5