Chapter 143:
675 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Did you ever think about doing something for him? A voice asked.

“I did, I want to repay him, for so much pain that I caused.”

Fool me not, you evil woman. You know what you did. Did your heart break when you threw him down the depths of despair? Do you remember the days he pleaded, only to be rejected, and thrown away like a rag? No, don’t give me that look, woman. Did you ever feel anything?

“I did, and that is no lie. I did feel his sincerity, but all those time I was merely a War Maiden made for battle. Hey, what do you when you are stuck in a choice between the person that had loved you the most and the world? The world didn’t have any tinge of affection for me, I hated it, and I despised the world as it was.”

You despise the world yet you saved it?

“It was my duty, to begin with, and I wanted to prove that well. All my incarnations did the same, their circumstances were different, and how things went is fundamentally something that we cannot replicate. Time is like an unchanging river in the middle of a storm. The stream would differentiate and many factors cause the stream to change, the river could be polluted, and clean as crystal. A boulder could block the stream, a rock can alter the course with ease. Some courses may be the same, and there may be things that the streams didn’t have. Would you blame me for all the changes in the stream?”

Do not fool me. You and the others are the same, and though the situation isn’t entirely usual. It is not likely that you would end up being made the same from them. You are weaved in the same cloth, a dress is still a dress no matter how you color it in to your liking. Tell me then, what made you favor the Bleak Walker that saved you that time?

“Ah, that day? Well, it was quite the day, and it is one of my precious memories.”

Lies again? Do you like lying? How come a person, who was ostracized, burnt, treated like garbage, would fall so fast for a man who just saved you? Liar, you should know better not to trust easily.

“I know, but I already felt the resonance, the scream of my soul told my heart that day, that I should not let go of that man. My mind was telling me to be careful, but alas it was impossible to resist such pure bliss. It was like meeting your lost relative, or lover.”

You lie again, Liar.

“What lie?”

You know that he would pass through that place. Did you think that you could fool me about these coincidences that could be true? He finds you in the desert with broken legs? Do you think that a desert is small? That he would somehow find you lying on the sands? You, you knew that he would end up taking care of you! How long did you know? How long did you realize that!

“I was someone who could remember her memories? No, that is simply not true. I did remember some of my memories, and my memories of my suicide. Do you know how awful it was? To remember memories of a past you that made a kind man wait so long to for acceptance? Do you think that I could allow myself to shamefully say words of love after what I’ve done for him? But what he did, conquered my heart, and when I realized that all of the time, we always found each other. No matter what timeline it was, I felt like it is my right to have him.”

You lie to yourself. How can you say that you have right when you did something so evil to him?

“That’s why I am the one chasing after him, and if I can own the branches of the world tree, and with the six elements. We can gather enough power to leave this dying tree of a world!”

An excuse! How can you crave so much life after having so many!

“Crave? Is this what you call a craving? You don’t understand that I’ve been fighting for a dying world. Do you know how this world is simply just another tree of the world tree? That every timeline is a branch of a tree and every leaf is the world itself? When I sought for answers, I saw the true tree that stood without any dent! Do you know what the true face of the darkness is? The true darkness is that shadow of that world tree! It covers the trees and we are stuck in a quagmire of corruption! Those Ancients knew this and they guarded them for years! Do you think that I can stand this infinity while those fools are guarding the branches? They exist in the same space and time and have been guarding the entrance to the true tree! I cannot let them act so arrogantly while they can freely leave this world to die!”

So you choose to be the devil because of this desire?

“Desire? No, this is simply a proper reason. No matter how much I save this timeline, this world, there is no fighting the looming shadow of the world tree. Do you know how despairing it was for me to realize that no matter how much I fight the darkness, there is no end to the struggle? That I would have to make do with a struggle of an eternity? Why do you think I keep the role of the War Maiden? Because I know they would suffer and that’s why I asked the Gods to make me the vessel! They cackled, guffawed, and thought that I was mad for it! So leave me, shadow! Leave me because you know nothing!”

You fool!

“Call me a fool if you want, I don’t need my doubts to become my demons. Leave me, demon, you will have no hold of me, and you ancients, don’t think that a simple hex would put me down!”

Ciara Alician stared at the skies.

“Even if it means destroying the world, I will have what I want!”


Chapter 143: Desires of a War Maiden who Saved the World

15