Chapter 152: Seeker Of A Lonesome Death
730 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Tower of Nimrod symbolizes the unification of all races that have happened a long time ago. It was a tower of pride that was created to celebrate the coming of races together in the four cities that surrounds the Tower of Nimrod. The street leading to the Tower of Nimrod was flocked with a group of Questing Knights, Mercenaries, and Adventurers.

The Tower of Nimrod was built on the Labyrinth of Pandora that sealed all the evils in the world. It was said that at the end of Labyrinth you would find Pandora waiting patiently along with hope. Of course, the Labyrinth has multiple floors containing different realms. The farthest floor that the explorers have reached was the seventieth floor. Other than that, no one was able to go past beyond that floor.

Einar and Thea boarded a taxi pulled by a magical beast. The driver pulled over the side and turned towards the two. “We are here.”

“Here,” Einar threw three silver coins. “Thank you.”

The two dismounted the taxi and went to the entrance of Labyrinth. The Labyrinth was guarded by twelve strongholds that contain powerful barriers and disorienting spells. Einar could see the magic dust that gathered around the gates of the Labyrinth. Expeditions were happening and warriors clad in armor marched to the entrance of the Labyrinth. Einar and Thea waited for entry while the expedition teams were passing through.

“Son of Lionel, and Daughter of Bors!” A voice said. “Come and greet your Uncle!”

Einar threw his gaze to the man who carried a great battle-ax. He was a tall dwarf whose beard reached his stomach. Thea’s eyes grew bright as she rushes to the dwarf.

“Uncle Callisto!” Thea leaped to the arms of the dwarf. “Are you going to explore the Labyrinth?”

“Not much, sweet lass, and you, Einar, come and greet your mighty uncle.”

“Greetings,” Einar bowed his head. “You look strong, Uncle. Have you gotten that Ring of Strengthening?”

“I did, lad!” He threw a bashful smile. “Got it after selling some carcasses of monsters. So, are you two going to explore the Labyrinth dungeons?”

“Just going to help Thea here, she wants to be a better spellcaster.”

“And you lad?”

“I’m good.”

Callisto frowned. His eyes focused on Einar.

“You know, if it weren’t for your behavior, you’d be getting requests from Questing Guilds. You are good at fighting, lad. Better than anyone that I’d seen.”

Einar shook his head. “I’m not interested in fighting unless I had to. I do not plan to live this life fighting.”

Thea turned her head away. “Don’t bother, Uncle Callisto. Einar doesn’t care about that at all. He said that he wants to die alone in a place with a nice view. He said it himself!.”

“Oh don’t look at me like that, Uncle. I just want to live my own life.”

“That doesn’t make sense lad, you shouldn’t be thinking of such a sad thing.”

Einar crossed his arms and looked away from Callisto. Thea shook her head wordlessly. Callisto gave a long sigh, rubbing the handle of his great battle-ax.

“I’ll go, for now, see you around lad, lass.”

He left them on the street. Thea looked at Callisto from afar.

“I know its wrong,” Einar said. “I just want to traverse the land and die alone. That’s all I want from this world.”

Thea didn’t reply. She turned her attention to the gates. “We should go now.”

“Yes,” Einar said.

***

The corridor leading to the first floor. Empty, dull, gray, and has the look of a wasteland in order to allow expeditions to move in smoothly without worrying about obstacles. Used mostly by practitioners who want to practice their spells and martial abilities.

“Let’s start, Thea.”

“Hey, do you really mean that?”

Einar tilted his head. “What do you mean?”

“That you want to die alone. I thought it was a joke. But it looks like you really aren’t joking. Do you hate us, Einar?”

“No.”

“Then why do you want to die alone?”

“It’s a dream of mine, I just want to have a quiet death. It doesn’t mean that I hate you. In fact, I feel pretty blessed that I have all of you. Father, Mother, and even Uncle Callisto; you all showed me love that I can never repay. I know that it may sound weird, this dream of mine; but that is simply my dream.”

“It's just too sad.”

“It is,” Einar nodded. “I understand that my dream of dying alone is sad. I know that it is a horrible thought that someone at this age shouldn’t have. But I wish for it, I wish for it oddly. Though in honesty, I don’t want to bother anyone. I’m an idiot aren’t I?”

Einar smiled. Thea looked away, dropped her shoulders, and turned to him. “Yes, you are an idiot. A hopeless idiot.”

Einar would bury his secrets to his grave. That he was Nolan Salvatore, the person who chased after a War Maiden, suffering multiple timelines of suffering for hopeless love.

That he was a fool who wasted multiple lifetimes on chasing a woman who never thought of him other than another part of her duty. He hated the pity love that he received. He hated fighting for an aimless purpose. But it didn’t mean that he wouldn’t die for his second family. He would gladly kill for them. He would gladly offer his life for them.

But.

He had a personal wish this time.

He wanted to die alone where nobody could see him.

He was sick of fighting.

He was sick of the struggle of fighting so hard for nothing.

His last battle with the woman he loved the most was the one thing that broke the dam.

A huge part of his heart broke at the realization that he was nothing more than a duty for the woman who he offered his soul to. The memories of being betrayed, killed, and rejected have disillusioned him in regards to the way he lived his life before. He didn’t hate her, but he wanted nothing to do about her any longer. If this was his new life then Nolan Salvatore wanted Ciara Alician out of the life of Einar Elior.

He had many names, but this was one of the names he wanted to keep.

14