Chapter 173: Camilla
591 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Einar took a step on the stone path that led to the house of Elior. The courtyard of the House Elior has warriors practicing their blades, and the servants were taking care of the house. A servant saw Einar walking inside the house, she plods to Einar, lifted her skirt, bowed her and, did a curtsy. Einar nodded at the servant.
 
“Camilla,” he said. “I will be returning father’s belongings.”
 
“As you wish,” she bowed her head. “Please follow me inside.”
 
The mansion has wooden walls and the floor was the same. There was a staircase in the middle that leads to the second floor of the mansion. There was a hallway on the right that leads to the kitchen, and the other hallway leads to the quarters where the servants rest. Every single servant of House Elior were men and women who had followed the House Elior in battle.
 
Einar followed Camilla up the second floor of the mansion and went inside a large room. Camilla took a small cloth from her pockets, walked in front of Einar, and wiped the blood that dried on his cheek.
 
“Young Lord, were you hurt?”
 
“No.’
 
“Then why didn’t you wipe your face?”
 
“I had no time. I just want this equipment removed. I don’t want father to be bothered with all of this gore in his items.”
 
“I’m sure that Sir Lionel would only be proud of the battle. Sir, I-“
 
“Cut that out, Camilla,” Einar said, removing the gauntlet on his hand. “Father says that as well, the House of Elior is the house of warriors, and we share bonds that surpasses even familial blood.”
 
Camilla exhales, “Will you please allow us to act like loyal servants? Young Lord, we were hired to do that you know?”
 
“I know, I just don’t like being treated this way.”
 
Camilla took the breastplate and untied the straps. She placed it on the floor and put both of her hands on her hips.
 
“Young Lord, they say that maids are highly charming and are the targets of lust. Now, you deprive me of this dream. I am disappointed in you, Young Lord. Why have you turned into such a gentle warrior instead of a lusty young master that preys on his maids?”
 
Einar looks back at her with a stoic gaze, “How many times husbands did you have again?”
 
“Three husbands?”
 
“Please respect them, and do not fall into depravity.”
 
“It is okay, Young Lord, you are a great warrior and a man worthy to be preyed upon. I simply wish that the heir remains that of a young man willing to lay with women instead of men.”
Einar massages his temple, “Why do you think that?”
 
“Master, you have never been seen interested in women. All we see you do is practice your abilities and stay seated alone in meditation. We worry that you may not be able to continue this proud line of blood!”
 
Einar said, “It is fine, father and mother is still young, they will surely make another heir. I told you about my dream, right?”
 
Camilla pursed her lips. She stood in the corner without words the moment Einar spoke that phrase. It was the phrase that their young master says the moment he wants no words to be spoken further. They already had this argument many times and none would argue. For the will of their young master was even stronger than steel. Not even Sir Lionel or Sir Bors could be forceful.
 
“It’s a sad existence,” Camilla thought. “How can we be happy when the young lord has such a dream of dying alone?”
 
He was ten when Einar declared his dream to the people of House Elior. Such a dream was welcomed with worry and shock. The young heir’s wish and ambition was to simply live his life and die alone without no one to see. It was the first time that the mother of the young lord, came up to him, and slapped his cheek. She recalled.
 
“Don’t be foolish,” Lady Selina said.
 
“I am being true,” Einar said, not moving his head despite being slapped. “That is my dearest wish, mother. That the day I feel my life ending, I shall leave for a place where none can see me.”
 
“Stop this nonsense,” Sir Lionel had fury in his eyes. He tried to admonish his child but he was stopped. No, he was simply brought down to his knees by a sweep to the leg. “I thank you, and I know that this may come as sad. But…this is simply my wish.”
 
Sir Lionel stood in front of his child, “Then do not seek for death so easily. Or I will seriously discipline you, my child.”
 
Selina looked at Einar with worrying eyes. Lionel took her hand and shook his head.
 
“Let the child do what he wants. However, he must strive to live no matter what. Promise me this, my child.”
 
“I will not die easy.”
 
Camilla thought that the young lord’s words were true. How can they refute him when at such a young age their young lord was already a man that could be mistaken for a young adult? Camilla never saw their young lord distress or worry about toys. He was not a normal child like the others. He was a strange child with strange wishes.
 
“I’ll be going now, Camilla, please try not jesting like that to others. They might just attack you.”
 
Camilla exhaled, “Do you really think that this lady would be so easily pushed down?”
 
“Of course not,” Einar grinned. “My mother’s Valkyrie isn’t so weak. No, if they could push you down then might be worthy of you.”
 
Camilla pursed her lips and said, “I shall take care of the equipment, Young Lord. Please leave it to me.”
 
“Thank you,” Einar moved to the door. “See you around, Auntie.”
 
“Please don’t call me that, I am still young!”
 
“Sure, sure, I believe in you.”
 
“What a helpless child,” Camilla said, watching her Young Lord scamper out of the room. She couldn’t help but feel helpless in front of the heir. She was a warrior yet there was something about their Young Lord that made her rather meek when it comes to talking to him.

12