Chapter 181: The Little Lady Part 1
581 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Einar Elior heart was warming up. No, it could be said that the soul inside of him was looking warmly at the scene before him. The soul was looking at the scene that he could never have. The soul thought of a memory of the past, but the soul shook his head, it was no use now. There was no place for an old soul in a family like this. The moment he gave ego to the soul that rightfully belonged to this body. He was willing to protect the soul that he merged with all he got.

He had no family other than the soul he was protecting. The soul’s greatest joy right now was watching this family. The soul didn’t have envy, regret, or any longing. He was a spectator that was clinging on to a soul to protect it. He had no right on this family and can only be a silent protector. For that was the duty of the soul who had given his merged soul to a soul to blessed it with power. A power that would allow him to survive through the troubles of life.

***

“Oh,” Einar thought. He felt a thorny pain in his heart. He looked at her little sister, patted her, and turned to the direction of the door, “I’ll be back for a moment.”

Einar left to the hallway and squeezed his eyes, held his chest, and exhaled. “Calm down, old man.”

“Forgive me,” a voice sounded inside his head. “Such a scene, it does give this old heart a kick.”

“Will you be okay?” Einar asked.

“I’ll be fine, please, don’t worry about this old soul.”

The voice faded from his head. Camilla, who was around the hallway, looked at her Young Lord with eyebrows creased, at the sight of him holding his chest, “Young Lord, are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Camilla,” Einar said. “Just a bit surprised that mother and father hide my cute sister for a long time.”

Camilla looked down, “She’s…a frail child.”

“I know,” Einar glanced at Camilla. “But she’s still my little sister, and that won’t change what she can’t do.”

“It’s just unthinkable that they would give birth to someone with such flaws. I pity the little mistress.”

Einar crossed his arms. There was a stigma in this world that treated those who are crippled with pity. Healing items and miracles were numerous in this world. With enough money or spell, one could regrow their limbs or be pulled back before death. The Holy City is famous for their ability of healing, however, his little sister was taken there and yet she still couldn’t use her legs. It only means that she was naturally born as a disabled person. She would have a hard time living in this world and by the time she grows up. She wouldn’t be able to easily pursue her goals without someone helping her. Her future was bleak and Einar couldn’t help but agree that his litter sister was indeed pitiable.

“She’s still family,” Einar said resolutely. “She’s an Elior and I’ll help her as best as I could.”

“Young Lord,” Camilla said. “You really are kind.”

“Isn’t it natural? She’s my sister.”

“Think about this, Young Lord. Your parents left you when you were young, and left you alone for five years. You handled all the problems along with Sir Bors and managed the Manor and the fief without a problem. Any child would have lashed out, and would become a bully who groped their servant’s butt and use them to vent their frustration for their parents leaving him!”

“What are you saying, Camilla?”

“What should have happened!”

“Goodness, please get a husband.”

“Who’d want something like a husband when I have my Young Lord?”

Einar couldn’t but smile at her act. Camilla had a way of lightening the mood, and that she was always loyal despite her concerns.

“I’ll trust that you’ll be helping my sister from now on?”

“Of course, how can I refuse you, Master?”

“That’s the title for father.”

“Your father is too loyal!”

“Sigh,” Einar walked up to Camilla, and pinched her cheek. “That should be a good thing.”

“Young Lord, it really bothers me that you are so tall. I missed the day that I could forever carry you within my arms.”

Einar patted Camilla’s head, “Oh, I enjoy not being hugged by you. Anyway, please attend to the needs of my sister. I’ll be going back now.”

“Are you really okay, Young Lord?” Camilla asked, rubbing her head.

“I am. You worry too much.”

Camilla stayed silent. She went to where she stood, while Einar entered the room again. His parents were looking at him oddly, clearly curious about what transpired.

“Is everything okay?”

“It is. So you two must be tired, right?”

“Not really.”

“No, let me talk to my little sis.”

Layla looked, Lionel and Selina. She was still wary of her brother.

“It’s okay, Layla,” Selina said. “Your brother is a kind person, he was angry since we didn’t tell him about you. Go with him, okay?”

“Einar,” Lionel said. “Your sister cannot walk, and that’s why I want you to carry her carefully.”

Einar held his chin, “Why not get her a wheeled chair?”

“You want a wheeled chair?’ Lionel asked. “Do you know something like that?”

“I can,” Einar said. “I’ll have Old Tarsus create it for me. I’ll draw the designs.”

“I see,” Lionel nodded.

Einar walked to where his little sister was and lifted her by the armpit, and carried her on his left arm, “You are tiny, little sis. Come on, let’s go to the garden, there’s a pond there with fishes. Want to see the fishes?”

“I,” Layla watched her brother carefully. “Yes! Can I bring dolly with me?”

“Of course you can,” Einar said, he turned to his parents. “I’ll be taking Layla with me, try not to make another little sis or little bro before we come back, okay?”

He said teasingly, leaving the room with Layla in tow. Lionel stared helplessly at the door before exhaling loudly, he sucked in air and turned to his wife. “He really is an odd child.”

The excuses that they wanted to say were useless with such a strange son.

13