Chapter 182: The Little Lady Part 2
578 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Einar carried Layla with his arm first but when she wanted to look at the trees around the garden. He gave Layla a piggyback ride on his shoulder and skipped like a galloping horse. The little girl who was wary of her brother, slowly had her heart melted as she clings tightly to her brother’s hand. Einar circled the garden, leaping up and down, entertaining his little sister.

“Brother is strong!” Layla said.

“That’s right, I am strong. When you are in pain or need some help, don’t forget that your brother will always be here to help you. I know that we only met today, but we are family. No need to be afraid of me.”

“Brother won’t bully me?”

“I will tease you!”

“Eh?” Layla said. “You will tease Layla? Make fun of her?”

“I will poke your cheeks!”

“Brother is a meanie!” Layla panicked, grabbing on to Einar’s hair. “I will not be teased!”

“You misunderstand, little sis!” He said. “It is only natural for me to tease you! I want to pinch your cheeks!”

“No!” Layla shook her puffy head. “Layla don’t like to be teased!”
 
Einar smiled and carried Layla to the little river that the manor of the Elior family has. Along the way, they met the warriors and servants of the family, they were curious about the little girl riding on the Young Lord’s shoulder. They knew that Lord Lionel and Lady Selina returned and seeing the little lady riding on the shoulders of the Young Lord, and the way their hair matches. It was easy for them to figure out that the little girl was the new little lady of the House Elior. Some grew excited and while some looked at her little legs. None of them commented on this fact with the Young Lord, promising, that he will take care of anyone who dares to bully the little girl.
 
The warriors knew well the temper of their Young Lord. He was always amiable and a friend to them no matter what. But even so, knowing that he sees the little girl as a precious sibling. And the way his voice sounded as he carries the little lady around the manor. They knew that their Young Lord was warning them about mistreating the little lady. She might not be able to walk with her legs, but the Brother would protect the Sister with all of his might. They might be warriors that favored those who are fit and healthy. They might be unfavorable to the little lady. But they must remember that she has a big brother that would protect her. They also know that there was no better warrior in this Manor other than their Young Lord who could defeat younger warriors and hunt down monsters when young. The memory of their Young Lord coming back with an Ogre’s head was still fresh in their minds. A ten-year-old child bringing down an Ogre was all that they need to know that their Young Lord was a natural-born warrior. And he has grown stronger than ever. Who'd want to mess with him?
 
                                                                                                                               ***
 
Einar took Layla to the little river and have her sit down on the rock. She was happily looking at the little river, her eyes trained on the fishes that were swimming in the bed.

“So many fish!”

“Colorful aren’t they?”

“Yeah”

“I got these down that big tower. They are located down the seventh floor.”

“So many? Did brother take fishes? Layla heard that many monsters are around!”

“Oh, they are nothing compared to your Brother. No monster would harm Layla while I am around.”

“Then Brother is stronger than Father?”

“Yes,” Einar grinned. “He might think otherwise but yes, I am stronger than our father.”

Layla claps her little hands, “That’s awesome! Brother is strong!”

“I am strong,” Einar held his chin. “Layla, are you always being carried by father?”

“Mother carries me,” she answered, eyes still looking at the fishes. “Father would protect us from the baddies.”

“Was the journey rough?”

Layla looked down, “We encountered baddies in the road. They say that they want to capture the Big Brothers and Sisters that we were with. Father was able to fend them off while Mother protected us with her magic. Brother, why do they have to do that? The Brother who was with us didn’t move, and even though I did nothing. They started calling Layla cursed because of Layla’s legs.”

There was a trouble on the little lady’s stare. She was tightly clenching her fist and she seems like she wants to pound her little legs. Einar placed his left hand on his little sister’s head. “Don’t worry, they won’t hurt you here. I promise that Brother will take care of the baddies. You won’t see them again, okay?”

“Brother will take care of the baddies?” Layla grabbed on to her brother. “Brother might get hurt!”

“I told you, I am strong, okay? Brother will take care of the baddies and send them to God, so God can punish them for being bad. After that,

I will bring you a chair that will allow you to move around. Is that okay with you?”

“A chair that would Layla to move around?” She tilted her head. “Is that true? Can a chair have wheels, Brother?”

“Of course they can, it’s possible. Brother will obtain one for you after he comes back, okay? I have school and work to do so when I come back to the manor. You will have a chair with wheels and those baddies will be gone as well. Is that okay?”

“Yes!” Layla wrapped her tiny arms around her brother.
 
Einar smiled, he patted the back of his sister and turned his attention to the sky. The light on his eyes slowly dimmed, and what was left was coldness that was colder than ice. “Don’t worry, Layla. Brother will make sure that no one would be able to hurt you, and the people that protected you will have their justice.”

“Okay!” She snuggled on Einar. “I hope that Brother will always be nice to Layla!”

“Of course I will,” Einar said. “We are family, and I will never let anything harm my family or let them get away with it.”
 
Einar felt a tranquil fury building up inside him. No, the soul inside him had no tolerance for evil.  Einar, no, the soul inside him could understand why that woman wanted to save her family from a dying world.

16