Chapter 199: The Masked Dance Part 3
623 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Strong!” Einar gasped. He had activated the wraith form yet he couldn’t contain all the power. Einar’s body hardened upon impact, he stared at the beast whose face brought everyone despair. How it could not bring despair when it was the same as looking at the dark skies when it is empty? He had stared through it and it rattled his body. If it wasn't for the memories of the Deadman, he would have been unable to do anything.
 
The being swings, Einar raised his sword, and parried it, following with a riposte. The monster slapped his sword and clawed him with her free hand. Noticing that he couldn’t attack directly, Einar crouched down, and pounded at the being, his body moving faster than ever. He cleaved at the being, she parried it and returned a strike. Einar was barely able to parry her, his arms were shaking.
 
“This monster’s not even giving it all!” Einar realized. He swung his sword below the left armpit of the enemy. The enemy moved forward and palmed him. Einar let his back hit the floor, and rolled back, trying to tackle the being. The being dodged right, lifted its sword and went for Einar’s head. Einar pulled his head back, and phase underground, appearing fourteen steps away from the being. The monster, however, didn’t let up, it swung the sword overhead and brought it down to him.
 
Einar kicked the ground, transformed into a wraith, and threw all of his knives. The knives flew to the being, but they were like leaves to the being. The being took a step, and the being was already in front of Einar. The being raised its sword and tried to cleave Einar in half. The being rushed in, and threw attacks. Einar started running, intending to drag the monster away from the outskirts of the city. The monster followed, but Einar felt a strange chill. He looked back and saw that the aura of the monster changed. There was no hint of mercy and the monster merely tried to bring him down. Unlike the way it fought a while ago, the monster changed. Its stare was the same stare given to those who you loathed with all of your heart.
 
The ground beneath the monster turned into a crater. Einar widened his eyes, his body hardened, the obsidian flesh wrapped his insides, yet, he was thrown away, the weight of the monster’s attacks changed. He could feel the bones, muscles, and sinews of his arms being torn. He was blasted in the forest, his body slamming against many trees. His vision shook, and his body was all numbed. He felt like his jaw was broken, and one of his ribs poked one of his lungs. His body had splinters all over, and a sharpened branched stabbed his right shoulder.
 
The enemy was coming. Einar gritted his teeth and used the wraith form to fly away from danger. He was in the sky and yet he found no safety with the maddened being coming at him.
 
***
 
“A time wraith!” Ciara shouted, her vision was all red. “Another hateful time wraith! I thought I’d had rid of all them! I cannot hold back! I must kill this bastard before it tries anything that might affect this land! I must kill the time wraith and escaped this place! This changes everything! If time wraiths are alive in this world then there would be no rest for anyone! Do you bastards think that you can torture others like how you tortured us? Now you are using the guise of young men as we? Die now!”
 
A blade coated elementals and strengthened with magic. She swung it down without mercy. The time wraith assuming human form dodged it. However, it was a trap he made. She pounds at the enemy, swiped her sword, and almost took the neck of the enemy. The enemy was not dead, and her attack was once again parried by the young man. The being thrusts his sword, and as she was about to return the sword back to his owner’s stomach. The being parried, and elbowed her on the neck.
 
She felt the impact of the strike and thought that she truly needs to take this wraith down. Ciara Alician hated the time wraiths, the being who had descended against her. In her life, there was no being that Ciara Alician hated most other than the time wraiths who arrogantly called themselves as superior. They were the beings that managed time and beings that she could never forgive. They were the beings that have made her life miserable and was one of the many causes while she has almost given up on the dream. That’s why Ciara didn’t hold back, she gathered all of her power and swung at the enemy without mercy.  It was a swing that could extinguish the souls of the wraiths and this time as she faces a time wraith. Ciara Alician finds no reason to hold back against an enemy like him. There was nothing in this world that was holding her back in killing the wraiths.
 
“Soul Slaughter’s Blow!”
 
The world became white and black. The enemy who tried to block the attack stood without moving. He was holding his sword up high, yet the sword of Ciara was able to cut through whether it was his flesh or soul. It was a move that brought down many wraiths. Simply put, it was the sword strike that calamity to her enemy.
 
The young man’s eyes rolled white and there was no sign of life on him. He didn’t move. He didn’t respond. He was simply gawking at the sky as if unable to believe that he loses easily to Ciara.
 
Ciara Alician not only defeated the enemy in front of her with that one strike, but she also made sure that the soul of the wraith was gone. Ciara expected more from the wraith, yet seeing the wraith unmoving and without any fight on it. Thus, Ciara Alician stabbed her sword on the wraith’s chest, and twisted it, forcing the remnants of the wraith, no, the soul of the young man who fought Ciara Alician to be completely extinguished.
 
Ciara had no mercy for any wraiths.

14