Chapter 222: Ciara Salvatore
558 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It wasn’t a question if Ciara would continue her fight against the duty that she had for many years. Happiness had finally come for her and yet again the wheel of destiny turns. The weaving of the threads starts and no matter what she would find herself witnessing the day where everything turns to hell

“Hello, my lovelies,” she said to her babies. “Mommy is strong, and you two would be strong as well. I believe that I will not birth weak children. Even if you’re weak Mommy will protect you. Your Father will be here for you, and that will never change.”

The two babies were asleep. Ciara caressed the hands of her babies and lets them go gently as she could. She walked near the hearth where her husband was. Nolan’s soul was renewed and stronger than it could ever be. She had given him life force the moment they mated, his powers have become stronger, and he had become a half-dragon time wraith.

“I couldn’t believe you, my impossible man,” she thought. “No matter what you always surprised me. I always fall in love with you. While I was blessed with power, you were blessed with the stubbornness that I can never fathom. The years you spent chasing after me has always been strange. After many millennia we are finally together with our babies. Our flesh and blood. Nolan, I do wonder if my lonely heart did charm you into becoming mine.

She recalled the words of Alcina Cheery, and thought, “If her words are true then it would hurt me. It would hurt me greatly but in the end, I could only accept it. You found a lonely woman and it should be your fault that you became mine. If all your love is a lie then let it continue to be a lie.”

“Ciara?”

Ciara wraps her body around Nolan who was sitting on the chair. She buried her face on his nape and closed her eyes. She felt his warmth and whiffed his scent. Nolan Salvatore craned his neck wondering what has gotten to her.

“What’s with you?”

“Nothing,” she peck his nape. “I just want to.”

“This is weird of you.”

“What? You already tasted me more than once. Why does this bother you?”

“You don’t usually do this.”

“I do when we are not clothed.”

“That, but, seriously, what’s wrong?”

“It bothers me that you usually don’t continue despite knowing that I can last a day.”

“Slow down, you,” he grabbed hold of her shoulders. “What’s wrong?”

“I might burn this world,” she said, resting her head on Nolan’s chest.

“That’s not a good joke.”

“There are beings that would come. They will try to turn the wheels of destiny and they want me to watch the world burn. Can you believe it, me? Watch while the world burns and I do nothing. They will eradicate this bubble world if I do anything.”

Nolan’s gaze sharpened. “I thought you’d hide something like this to me.”

“I wouldn’t anymore, I promised that I wouldn’t. I’m done lying and I’m done hiding secrets. I’m more afraid to lose you and our children than do something as hide this. Nolan, do you think that I can endure? Not helping a burning world?”

Nolan couldn’t help but sigh. He looked at the ceiling and back to Ciara. “Why is it so hard to have a wife with such a savior’s complex? Why can’t you just stop? Why are you doing all of this?”

“Because it’s kind. It’s decent and the right thing to do. For the sake of the greater good. I want to help. What’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing wrong with that,” he rested his head. “It’s just that surely there are days that you need to rest as well. I will not question whether you love us or not. But let me ask this, Ciara. Do you believe in people?”

“I do.”

“Then why are willing to save it before they could do anything?”

“Because wouldn’t it be better if I helped them instantly? Wouldn’t things be better that way?”

“It might be. But people aren’t so easily defeated. Look back at the folks that we fought with. They were just nobodies that wanted to protect those that they cherish. That’s why they could stop hordes of evil and slay giants. Ciara, I am not asking you to abandon a world that needs a hand, I am asking you to believe in the people that live in it. You should be the one that had witnessed the spirit of those who strives for good.”

“I…”

“Ciara, you’ve become too much of a hero that you have forgotten how to become human. You’ve forgotten what it means to stay still and just rest. You’ve been doing this for so many years that I understand why you’d act if the world is in trouble.” He caressed her hair. “I can’t help it if you’d go and leave us. I’ll hate you for it.”

“That’s not fair.”

“The better part of me says that I shouldn’t stop you from helping this world. But the stupid and selfish part of me says that you should stay with us. That Ciara Salvatore had enough of fighting.”

“Which part of you do you lean more?”

“I’ll let you decide that. If I was stronger than I might be able to stop you. I might be able to stop my wife from being too much of a hero.”

“Then I’m a weak now,” she buried her face on his nape again. “If the selfish part of you wants me to stay then I will. I will not promise anything.”

“Okay, okay, sheesh,” he smiled. “I have become insane.”

“Too late for that, Husband. It’s your fault that I am like this.”

“That’s not true.”

Ciara thought that even if it means that she had unconsciously charmed him and bent him to her will. She wouldn’t let him go. She wouldn’t let go of the man that she had been with the longest. She couldn’t stand the idea of losing her partner. Ciara Salvatore thought that she wouldn’t be complete without her partner. And so she chooses to stay her hand. Yet she knew that the moment they touched her family again.

She would burn them all.

13