Chapter 230:
545 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 


The cracks of the world were starting to enlarge. It was a crack that spread around the world. Like glass, the crack of the world encircled the world, and only Ciara Salvatore knew of it. She felt the power of various beings that shook the world with their presence. In return she replied with her presence, the whole of beings turned their eyes at the woman who once sundered the heavens.

“Ciara Alician, so you are here in this world and with two of your children.”

“Dawn Lord,” Ciara said. “And it is ‘Salvatore’ and don’t forget that, fool.” She squared her shoulders as she evokes all the power inside her body. The Dawn Lord shivered for a second and then regained his senses as the power levels down.

“Tell me about your intentions.”

A god intervened, “You do not have the right.”

But that god had his throat pierced and his energy sucked into a strand that Ciara Salvatore devoured. Around the village was a dome that covered it whole. The soul that Ciara Salvatore devoured become a power that protected them.

“Calm, War Maiden,” Lord Dawn said. “We are only here to right wrongs.”

“Do not mistake me for a blind woman. I can see the flow of the worlds and the veins of it. You are doing something and that is something I cannot allow. I have children here.”

“You do not have the right to know, woman.”

A star condensed into a spear stabbed towards the god who said that. The god blocked the attack and looked at Ciara Salvatore. Time had already slowed almost to a halt and even Nolan Salvatore couldn’t detect the happenings around him.

“Do you want to fight me?”

“Do you think I don’t dare? Look at you, carrying your children, and I am sure that you won’t risk the life of your lovelies fighting me.”

“Threaten them and I will murder you. You shouldn’t think of anything else other than doing what you want, fool. Be grateful that Lord Dawn is here with you? Do you want me to remind you all what happened to your pantheon?”

The God arched his back and guffawed as if mad. “Ah, did you hear that, Chief. This woman threatens the pantheon and her power only goes stronger! We only come here to care for the world and yet she tries to stop us! This is nothing but a violation of the agreement of the observer! She must be punished-“

Before that God could continue with his arrogant words. Ciara Salvatore’s phantom had beheaded the God and she pulled out his spine. The spine of the God turned into ashes and before long a boom of energy ruptured half of the sky. Ciara Salvatore stayed with her husband. She looked at the Gods without any mercy in her eyes.

That was it. The eyes of a woman who would destroy a pantheon of gods for the sake of her family. The Gods had already faced a weaker version of Ciara and now that she was a mile stronger.

“Enough,” Lord Dawn said. Blocking the energy of this woman who had fooled those around her. How many lies did this woman have? He had lost count and now she was living happily without a thought of the destruction that she caused.

“We are here to fix your mistakes and you kill a god who merely speaks. Ciara the War Maiden, you are a woman who had destroyed worlds – you call it ‘saving’ but you only hasten their destruction and at the end...you have destroyed more worlds than the world eater! Now you live in this bastion? You, do you even realize what you had done? There are cracks all over the place and now this whole universe slowly cracks! This is the heart of the universe! The mother tree and now you stay here even though the observer had said not to interfere!”

“You speak too much, Lord Dawn.”

“And you are an arrogant woman, Ciara! The laws of the verses are absolute! The levels of power that you have reached have broken every law! You don’t even realize that you had given birth to children that could destroy the world by their tantrums!”

Then a figure whose body was part of the space appeared. The figure pointed at Ciara and her children. Ciara widened her eyes and saw her children vanish in front of her. Her mind froze and before she knew it. Her astral sword had split the figure into two.

The power of Ciara hasten the cracks. The world shook and none knew. Like toy figures that were stuck on a playing board. They all fell as the world splits. The magic that had loved this world slowly withered and the Gods who went to fix it shuddered.

“Ciara, stop!”

“Give them back!”

“I’m afraid we cannot do that.”

The observer, Alcina Cheery, stabbed a crystal blade on the back of Ciara. She smiled with her lips reaching her ears. It was a distorted smile that showed malice.

“Ah,” Ciara turned her attention to Nolan who was still on the campfire. She hastened her energy but it seemed like it didn’t matter facing this strange affliction that had invaded her body.

“You’ve become too strong, Ciara, and so we need to reset the timeline and fix the mess you had left behind.”

The cracks that covered the sky slowly spread and shattered like glass breaking apart. The world distorted and the plane of existence was like a cloth being folded. Alcina Cheery turned her eyes to the figure who was unaware of what was happening. His body, which was an anomaly itself was swallowed by this tide of power that washed the world.

Alcina the Cheery thought of taking him. But suddenly, an obsidian flower emerged out of his body and shielded him from the power that enveloped. Alcina, who wanted to take Nolan away, rushed, and yet a woman with obsidian plating palmed her on the stomach, blasting her away.

“You Gods...why do you involve my Nolan in your games? Ciara, I thought you’d see through their schemes...but I was wrong. Nolan, she’s not for you, and you not for her. Fate simply doesn’t allow it.”

The world turned blank. Like a television being shut off.


Chapter 230: Unhappily Ever After

18