Chapter 241: The Ballad of Three Rulers 5
506 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The High Scholar stood with a book open. In the book, a Crystal that was drawn with line imitating the shine of the sun. The High Scholar had compared the vision of the others to the Crystal they saw in their dreams.

“The Mother Heart of the World,” the High Scholar muttered. In the heart of the world, no, not even the heart. There was a chasm where the Mother Heart was, a Goddess that provides the world.
The High Scholar rolled the scroll. He tucked them in among the flurry of books and scrolls and tomes. There were so many and yet no dust gathered. He would whip one of the servants, no, they’d whipped their backs themselves if they see any dust gathered in this place.

The Library of the Adventurer King, filled with knowledge, gathered and amassed from his Adventurers throughout the known world. He wasn’t alone when took all of the knowledge. He was among his men. The men who vowed to protect him and heed his call when the rights of Adventuring men are called to doubt.

“What better place to put all the books of knowledge other than the library of the Adventurer King himself?” He said blankly. The library was utterly silent. All he heard was the sound of his footsteps bouncing against the marbled floor. The shelves towered over the High Scholar. All of this knowledge sealed within the library of the Adventurer King. The rest of the armies were outside the palace. While he was given the honor to visit the libraries.

On the side of the library was an old man carrying the keys around his neck. He was Keymaster, and he holds the keys to the doors of the deeper parts. The High Scholar only had access to this level. Other than that he had no way of entering the deeper levels without permission from the Adventurer King. Forcibly taking or bribing the Keymaster, was not an option. A Keymaster was bound by his oath, and the Keymaster was woven with power. The High Scholar could sense the immense power that wrought the Keymaster.

The High Scholar moved through the shelves. The shelves were high and there were many ladders on the shelves. His cloak was sometimes whipped by a small breeze that comes from the entrance of the library. The High Scholar stopped near a singular bookshelf. He reached for a tome and opened up the papers. He was looking for more information about the Heart Mother. Questions filled his head and the illustrations drafted by the Adventurers who mapped and illustrated the world. One of the journals showed a draft of the Heart Chasm. The Chasm where the Heart of the World was located.

“Why is the Heart Mother summoning the Burned Men out of her heart?”

Far from this City was the plains Burned by the recent arrival of the Burned Men. Men wrought in fire that marched with painful moans coming out of their skins. They all wield lava-wrought stone weapons and these fiends cause destruction. The High Scholar knew that the four rulers weren’t just here for the borders. They wanted to settle the lands they wanted to protect. And the fertile lands where they could grow their crops.

The High Scholars and the Wise Men wanted to know where the Heart Mother was. They suspect that it was the Heart Chasm, but there were entirely no records about the Heart Chasms, other than it was forbidden to enter the Chasm. Guarded by those who are beyond men, these Guardians would not let those who had seen through the Chasm’s heart live.

“This is a problem,” The High Scholar said. “If this is true then we’ll have to send an expedition to reach the Heart’s Chasm. Multiple expeditions to make sure that they can confirm where the Burned Men are created. If we can’t reach the Heart Chasm and figure out why these Burned Men are being spat out of the Chasm.”

The Burned Men were stationed around the Veins of the Heart Chasm; long mountains that encircle the chasm, covering miles, and guarding the chasm against natural predators. Not like any predator could enter the Heart Chasm. There were simply too many mysteries in the Heart Chasm. Guardian Beasts that protects the Heart Chasm, and Warrior Guardians that were bound by the Heart Mother.

The lamps of the library swayed. He turned to the side and saw hundreds of flying mounts rounding the city. The Factions were watching closely and even now, the High Scholar was always looking over his shoulder. No one would dare to start a fight inside the library of the Adventurer King. But, it was also the perfect place to kill anyone who they thought had wronged the library of the Adventurer King.

The High Scholar took the tomes back to the scribing table. He plucked his favorite quill and produced an ink from his satchel bag. He laid out a scroll and measured the amount of Ink he needed and how he would go about describing what he saw and read. His quill moved gently, stroking a black line along the sides, before forming sentences upon sentences on the scroll. The library’s light was not enough. He took the side and lit up a lamp and placed it on the lamp holder above the scribing table. He wrote his words concisely and laid out remarks. Dipping his quill, he made sure that the sentences were clear. Then, he took three more scrolls from his ring of holding and started scribing what he wrote to the scrolls.

“The rulers will know this,” he thought. “We cannot allow the problem to be unsolved. The Heart Chasm must be investigated and we must figure out a way to stop more Burned Men from being burn. Their existence is dangerous and the fire they wrought on the land can only mean death for the New World.

The Known World was still untamed. The lands are being captured and beyond this city were adventuring lords and land takers hoping to tame the Unknown World that was before them. The Four Rulers were the most powerful people alive and they must know.

11