Chapter 247: Book 2 – Epilogue.
508 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   Nolan returned to the City with Einar. Along the way, he passed by the trees and the various strange things. When he arrived in the city he walked to this stone-paved road and went back to the Inn. The Inn was filled with people drinking, eating, and smoking. Most of them were discussing the Heart Chasm. The Heart Chasm and the Burnt Monsters were a hot topic.

Something about the topic that made Nolan curious. But he chooses to ignore the Quest that most of the adventurers would be going. There was this compelling thought before that vanished from his mind. That same feeling that compels him to follow this certain path was gone. His instincts told him that finding the heart chasm meant trouble. His mind was clear now - he was awakened.

“I do not know why my heart so at ease,” he thought. “Though I know that I want to go back home. Yes, home, that was all I ever wanted from the beginning.”

“Home,” said Tania inside his head. “Do you intend to leave this all behind, Nolan? But you are without power, Nolan, it will do you no good-”

“I can make a passage with enough power. I just know it. Ah, it was never about this world. It was about home, Tania. I want to go home! I now had the power! I can do it!”

“Will you leave me then?”

“Why would I do that when we are bound?”

“I see,” he knew she was smiling. “I will be with you, like always.”

“I wonder where I can find power though.”

“You can.”

Nolan walked out of the Inn and threw himself by lashing his hands on the pavement. He was thrown up in the air and he glided to a clearing. He landed with a soft thud and focused his hands. A billion worth of experience in rune making — he could create his own with knowledge of the other world.

“Are you going?”

“Strange attractors,” Nolan said. “I believe in these. You wished for it and with enough power, you can have the way!”

Nolan’s wove of power brought forth the storms. Then, he saw a tunnel connected to another realm. Traffic lights, cars, and paved roads, along with high-rising buildings, men in their business suit, and airplanes that flew in the sky.

Then the tunnel was cut apart by an extreme force. It was an invisible force that forcibly shut the doorway to that other world. Then, the light croaked, and storms filled with the area and within the sky, a figure emerged from the clouds - forming a form that was beneath explanation.

I SEE YOU NOW CHILD OF GAIA. YOU HAVE ESCAPED FOR TOO LONG. YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR TOO LONG AND YOU ARE NOT WELCOME OF THIS REALM. NOT ANY LONGER.

“Run!” Tania said in alarmed. “The Eon-Father is here! You must run away now, Nolan! He will be after you!”

I SENSE THE POWER YOU GAIN RIGHTFULLY. I WILL NOT DEPRIVED YOU OF THIS BUT STILL, YOU ARE TRESPASSER. YOU HAVE STAYED TOO LONG YOUR WELCOME. I WILL NOT HAVE IT. YOU ARE BANISHED. THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL BE. BACK TO YOUR WORLD NOW. CHILD OF GAIA. YOU WILL NOT ENTER THIS REALM AGAIN.

“No!” Tania screamed inside her head.

Why was Tania so afraid? He then felt the tugging of the soul.

CHILD OF THIS REALM. DEMONIC CHILD. YOU SHALL BE RAISED AS ONE. YOUR MOTHER SEES YOU NOW. COME, CHILD. YOU SHALL BE BONDED NO LONGER.

“No!” Tania manifested, power surges through her body. “I WILL NOT BE SEPARATED WITH HIM! I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO SO EON FATHER.”

Nolan then took a long look at her back. This woman had suffered for many years for him. He could not allow her to be bonded any longer. His heart told him that he doesn’t deserve such a kind woman. His memories were extinguished and he knew that there was shattering in his soul This was convenient. Peace at last. He didn’t want to be seen by her. She was one of the reasons he still breathes.

“Tania, I release you, you are no longer a blade of Salvatore!"

“Nolan! No! You cannot do this to me! I-”

An invisible force pulled Tania out of Nolan. Before she got taken, he leaned in and kissed her. Her beautiful face wet with tears, she held her hand, and Nolan stared at it, smiling at her.

“I am sorry.”

“You are a cruel man. Why do you always pain my heart?”

She vanished without a trace. The Eon father raised his cloud arms and pointed his finger at Nolan. Nolan readied himself as he feels the tugging of the power. Then, he sensed it, a vision, no, a single man clutching his head in a forest somewhere, he was looking around, asking the question he once did the moment he waked up in the desert.

“Where am I?”

He shuddered. He wasn’t the only one. There was another fragment that knew nothing. Another one who would be placed into the hands of fate. Tortured, forever to be stuck in this cycle of suffering, and he knew that it was another him, a fragment of him that splintered. He thought he was the only one. The remaining one, but he was wrong again. Why now did he sense this fragment? Why could sense the fool that called himself Lanon? Why was Lanon, the real him, the one who found himself lost in this world lost again?

YOU ARE BANISH CHILD OF GAIA. YOU ARE BEGONE!

A power flowed inside Nolan and he found a warm glow that he embraced. He then followed the pathway, a passage that led to a familiar sky. This sky was familiar and the green pastures surroundings a city He felt the air and when he saw the plane he couldn’t but muster a smile purer than he ever did. When he landed into the building where he usually found himself. He noticed the watch on his left arm. He weaved power and saw that it worked. The time and date remained the same.

“Táim ag teacht abhaile,” he said, eyeing the direction of his home.


Chapter 247: Fate Gives No Chances.

END OF BOOK 2

12