Chapter 259: Memories of Woes 3
347 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aria dreamt of a certain event that she did not understand. She could not understand where this fragment came from. She walked towards the edge of this memory and saw a grizzly old man with a jet-cutting sword facing a woman whose body screamed of the divine.

His face scarred, his eyes bear the sigil of the dove of thorns, and the snake of woes, his skin pale, and a should-length hair with an unshaved beard, and he was missing three of his fingers.

He hollered. “Hail to the Talon King," replied the young man in the talons language. “Thorned Dove, the Snake of Throes crawl the sand, in the dark, it patiently waits."

The face of the woman turned solemn. "Bleak Walker, huh.”

"The View From the above shows our smallness. The premeditation of Evil says that one must imagine the distant bleakness," The man replied while keeping his face bland. The sigil in his eyes lit up. “I assume that you are the War Maiden.”

“A Bleak Walker,” said the woman. “I thought you all had perished in that pale mountain pass.”

“We did. And we still live. Does the Lady want to traverse the pale pass mountain with the heroes, I assume?”

The woman looked behind her. The heroes were ragged, worn, and they were carrying their weapons sluggishly.

“Yes,” said the woman. “It is important that we passed the mountain. You understand this.”

“Then I shall lead you all,” said the Bleak Walker.

The war maiden and the heroes followed the bleak walker through the winding passageway that leads to the upper part of the mountain. Aria saw a familiar terrain of gigantic crystal that were like towers and a river that runs with green fogs above them.

“This is the Overlord’s territory, I am afraid that this the only place that I can stand. Crossing the territory means death to me, milady.”

The war maiden scanned the area. “A Bleak Walker walks through the valleys of mist and can trek the harsher lands. What is your excuse? It is unlikely that a bleak walker would stay on his feet.”

“I have no control of this situation,” said the bleak walker. “I was given the duty to watch this pale pass with all of my life. This is my final task, and I cannot allow myself to step out of this place.”

“Why?” the war maiden asked. “You will gather all the enmity of the walkers and before long you will die. Come with us, and you might just find yourself a hero.” She ordered.

Aria felt the extremely visceral charm in her voice. The Bleak Walker widen his eyes, furrowed his brows, and crossed his arms. He looked at the war maiden with contempt.

“Is this how you make people follow you, milady? Why do you cast a charm’s spell on me? Do you wish for me to die in that landscape of miasma?”

“You resisted,” she fixed her gaze on him. “You are a strong bleak walker.”

“If this is a test, then I would like to know why.”

She turned to the heroes and whispered. “I smell a demon inside the man’s soul.”

The heroes whispered, “Then we should defeat him?”

“No, risking you all here isn’t good,” she argued. “I will speak to him and defeat him. Go now.”

The heroes nodded and sauntered to the fog of green. The Bleak Walker eyed the War Maiden with careful eyes. His sword-hand was on the hilt of his sword. The War Maiden scanned from head to toe.

“You’ve grown beautiful,” said the war maiden. “I do understand why the first fell in love with you after seeing you like this. I cannot blame her, but this is just wonderful. I do have a question for you.”

“You speak without meaning,” the bleak walker said. “What do you want from me?”

“I said that I want to ask you a question. Will you answer or shall I repeat my words?”

The bleak walker narrowed his eyes, and tighten his lips. He crosses his arms and lifted his chin.

“Then I will answer.”
“Why didn’t you join me on Oasis? You should recognize me.”

“I do. But that is a past that I’ve forgotten. It has been too long and I have to fight.”

“Are you a married man, Bleak Walker?”

“I am not, I wish I was, but I lost her already. She’s someone you should know.”

“Who is it!?” the war maiden asked in a quiet voice.”

“Audrey Cress,” said the bleak walker. “The Witch of Nether, she lost her life fighting by your orders.” He grimaced. “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten your friend?”

The War Maiden raised her brows in shock. “How could that be?”

“I met her on a swamp as a guardsman of throes. But I don’t see why I have to dwell in the past, milady. Can we get to the point?”

“How could you?”

She lashes a spear of light through the Bleak Walker’s stomach. The Bleak Walker could barely move as he was pinned on the wall.

“How could you do this? Why have you not followed me in this timeline like the good dog you are!? I AM YOUR MASTER. AND YOU ARE MY SLAVE, NOLAN SALVATORE. How could you fornicate with Audrey! I signed your death warrant! You are a failure! The biggest failure of all the ones I’ve known before!”

“What are you-,” the bleak walker muttered the spear of light extended into all directions, piercing the bleak walker, his body splattering, and his head hanging down lifelessly, the spear of light turning into dots of light.

She put the heel of her boot on his head. “You are a failure. How could you be so disloyal? It looks like when I save this world. I would have to make that the dog does not follow another master. Do you get it, my suitor? You dare to court me, yet you now tail another master for a single timeline? You dog I should kill you for this, but alas, I cannot blame you, I see, you are a dog like I sensed you are.”

Aria couldn’t speak. The scene before her disintegrated and she was left heavily breathing while the rain harshly falls.

11