Chapter 267: After the World Turned Blank
342 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was warm and shiny. Suddenly, the world changed into a bubble.
He and She saw two faces in the blurry world.

A young man with calm red eyes.

A young woman with sparkling red eyes.

He and She saw the white stuff turn into crystal-like water. It dripped on to the floor and the paddies with a fresh smell.

He and She were held by soft yet strong arms.

He and She felt the warmth.

He and She felt the hardness of strong arms.

He and She felt the sweetness of their voice and the warmth of their tones.

But suddenly He and She saw a crack in the sky.

Then the world blinked.

He and She saw the young man pinned to the ground with a palm of a hand top of his head.

He and She was the young woman burning like the sun, surrounded by beings who shone like the stars. He and She saw the young woman turned into a ragged mess. He and She saw millions of chains wrapped around her body. He and She saw mountains flattened and rivers dry.

Cities burned. Towns were sundered and villages were squashed. The sky turned red. The heavens were split and the seas dried as the clashes continue.

The young man escaped and carried them in his arms. His body turned into a shield and became battered. He and She saw the young man running and running.

He and She saw the young man’s arm ripped from his body. They felt the coldness of stone within the attacker's arms and they were separated from the warm feeling that covered them.

He and She saw the young man being dragged by a figure to the cracks on the sky.  An obsidian flower wrestled him away.

He and She saw the young woman appear before them again, screaming, her sweet ad sparking eyes cold, and stricken by fury. He and She felt the tears of the young woman as she protects them.

He and She saw the young woman fall to her knees and rising every time. They saw her skin flayed and restored by every second, and yet none reach them, protected, encased by a shield, the woman remained strong. She fought till the blood on her face was washed by her tears.

As the sky was filled with beings who shone like the stars. He and She saw a woman who poured all of her heart and power to the shield that protects them.

He and She saw not a stone, but a woman whose face was filled with fear. Her hands were trembling and her heart loudly pounding as the cracks on her shield grew stronger.

“No, I am strong, don’t worry, don’t cry okay? Mama will protect the two of you, she will defeat them and find Papa. Don’t worry, please, don’t cry, or Mama won’t be strong. You bastards! How dare you all! I’ll slaughter all of you! I’ll tear you to pieces and use your lifeblood to kill all of you!”

The shield broke and hundred of hands descended upon her. Not once did He and She felt even the wind. Not once did He and She felt anything other than the warmth of their mother. When the power that was bottomless inside her was broken and the land itself was broken as well. She turned to her fists and formed a blade that tore through the flesh and hearts of her enemies.

When the countless figures that shone like stars were on the ground. The sword in her hand became fragile and worn. She was missing a left arm and half of her face was unrecognizable with all of the wounds around. Her wounds did not sew back. Her swings were fragile and yet she fought to the very end.

When her arms were on the ground and when her legs did not function. When half of the world’s light was taken from her. She remained strong, but when she realized that those who she protected were in the arms of a man whose eyes formed a maelstrom of lightning. She began to despair.

“Give them back!” She shouted, crawling, forcing her battered to move on the mud wet with blood. The stern look she had vanished and what they saw was desperation.

He and She was their mother crawling with no tears left to cry. He and She saw the beings that stood around her, chins lifted proudly, and their stare overbearing. A figure brandished a spear and stabbed it on her waist. She did not stop. She crawled, not even letting the spear stop her from crawling.

When she reached the foot of the woman, she simply bites. She tore the being’s legs and used her teeth to make the being stumble back. But the being’s legs sewed faster than a blink.

“You are dangerous,” said this being. “And your children could be dangerous as well. You have fought well, and that I won’t deny. The Eon-Father is pleased, and you shall be the core of the new world. Your children can be used. It is not that we sought this punishment. But is the only way for these newborns to stay alive. You have violated every law under the heavens. You are judged, War Maiden.”

He and She saw beings point their palms on their mother. They saw them encased her into a crystal. Her screams resounded and boomed throughout the world.

“You two are not ready,” said the being. “Sleep children, the day shall come where you two would govern the world as well.”

He and She felt the coldness of ice. The light that surrounded them turned into hard transparent walls. They saw the young woman’s face plastered with despair and madness.

He and She did not know why, but they placed their soft little hands on the crystal as if reaching out to the warmness that was stolen from them. “Mama?” They did not know why those words escaped from their lips. All they know was that everything was being blurry and that their eyelids were heavy.

“Don’t take them from me! I begged of you! Please don’t take my light away from me!”

What remained was a lonely tower that pierces the sky.

10