Chapter 268: The Idiotic Loony
354 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amadan carefully hid among the vegetation along with Fez. On some nights he would notice a large band searching the forests. On days he would find hunting dogs who would try to find their location. Fez’s mount, however, makes any animal lower than it, scream at the sight of his mount.

The sun would sometimes be a bother. There were hours where there would be leaf-bugs flying around. He also noticed that the Wyvern eats both meat and green foods. Fez, who should be bored, was strangely patient with all things aside. The skies were truly different from what he knew. On the night the skies were shining like diamonds were dotted on the sky. In the morning he would different flying mounts. The most impressive of them was a flying wagon that was pulled by a reindeer who glowed with light. He was sure that the reindeer was swimming in the skies. And he thought only Santa would have such a mount.

“Santa, huh,” Amadan said. How long had it been since he celebrated Christmas? It had been too long and if he counts his memories, then it would have been many years. The years of fighting and suffering. Amadan couldn’t understand and it scared him.

“I must not run away,” Amadan said to himself. “Do not run from it, and find center and peace.”

Within the memories were the answers to his woes. It seems that he was repeating the same problem. The repetition of a problem and the doubts that come with it. To him, it felt like cheating, having the answer to his problem. But, it was him, and he accepted it.

“I won’t repeat my own mistake,” he said determinedly. He does not know why but he thought that there was a spell that prevented him from being him. It was the same as being strapped on a moving vehicle, the vehicles move by itself while he can do nothing. He did not understand. He didn’t understand it well. Somehow, he knew that it was he just another bastard, a duplicate, and yet he felt free.

“I am me, I think, therefore I am.”

It bothered him that he was only of the many. But in his core, he believed that he was still him. It didn’t matter what he saw and even if it was delusional. He would still be him. However, there are parts of his memories, in all of them, that was blurred. Memories of him speaking to someone were cut off. It was like a heavily censored video with someone putting on a white blur on those memories. The words he heard were blocked out by an unexplainable noise.

What were the memories that he was being blocked out from? All he could remember last was being pulled up and then being thrown into the jungle. He retained his physical abilities but lost most of the powers that he earned. No, that was the only thing this body had kept.

“I guess, I am just Amadan of Nobody now,” he said softly.

“You have this hobby of changing your name, why?”

“I don’t know. I mean if people are trying to kill. It would be better if they don’t know your name, right?”

“True, but changing your name all the time when it’s convenient is a bother. Still, I kinda see what you are going with. I assumed that you do it for the fun of it.”

“No, my current name means loony or idiot.”

Fez’s lackluster face lit up. “Are you serious?”

“I am. I don’t know why but I started calling myself that.”

“Where’s your box anyway?” He said. “How can you be a medicine man if you don’t have your medicine box?”

“I lost it somewhere.”

“I bet a woman has it.”

“Why assume that?”

“Because my friend, you attract trouble from every dangerous woman out there. As long as you didn’t meet Aria, then it would be fine.”

“Excuse me?”

“Huh?”

Amadan leaned up. “Which Aria are you speaking?”

“Aria of the Maiden Roses. She’s a knight, a dangerous one.”

“Oh, that’s a relief.”

“There’s also her twin, a song maiden.”

“Excuse me?”

“Aria, her twin sister’s a song maiden who bears the white lance. She’s the object of affection of all the young princes in the Lilian States. She and her sister has made a name for themselves. The song maiden for her dances and strength, and the Maiden Roses for her monstrous capability in battle. She has a thousand knights on her back and has broken anyone who dared to court her. Why are you asking anyway, you’re the one who knows more than me.”

“Remember when I said that I was serving someone now?”

“Oh God,” he stood up, pointing. “You just fucking didn’t. Please no, you weren’t stupid enough to flirt with the Maiden Roses or serve her, right. That means, oh god, you are serving the Song Maiden?”

His fists shook madly. “I kinda want to kill you now.”

“Whoa,” Amadan flinched. “What’s up with you?”

“My friend, you just made an enemy of the Lilian boys. What the fuck were you thinking? Wait, no, that’s not important, you bastard! You met with the other Aria as well?”

“I think I danced with her under the purple leaves of the Adventurers City?”

Fez took a step back. “You are insane, no, you should stick with that name now. My friend, you are a fucking idiot, why do you always pick the worst girls to tangle with? Do you know how fucked are you right now!? You just flirted with the worst people of all time! Why the fuck am I protecting an idiot like you?”

Amadan frowned and folded his arms. “I did not flirt with them. How come you want to associate dancing with someone as flirting with them? Why can’t two people just be friends?”

“Oh no, you are a double-idiot as well. And you wonder why many women wanted to kill you for it?”

“I have a lot of grudges with women? I don’t remember it.”

“You don’t, do you?” A different voice said.

A woman with raven hair came out of the trees holding a gigantic sword and swung it.

“Found you!”

13