Chapter 278: Four Pairs 2
273 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aria had seen her sister in her memories. While she was a Song Maiden her sister was a Knight of Roses, a woman of valor who held the eyes of people. The two had similar looks and disposition. Aria felt her heart warm at the sight of her sister.

“I knew it was you, my dearest Sister!” Ari pulled her close.

Aria raised her arms. “I, it’s good to see you, my sister. I am gladdened that our fates had crossed.”

She smiled, “I can say the same. I just knew that it was you who would do such thing as protect.”

Aria eyed her. “It seems like you did well in coming here. No, this should be expected of the Knight of Roses. I’ve heard of your exploits, Sister. Your tales of wonderful tales.” Aria looked grim. “I am saddened that we have to meet in such a sad state. The world’s tearing itself apart.”

Ari looked up. “Sister, it is not the world that is tearing itself apart. The Gods seem to be troubled and this is causing so many problems such as this. I fear that if such battle continues then we’d be torn apart as well.”

The civilians pulled away from them while the rest of the Knights of Roses guided them. The city ruins grew awake and the downpour from the heavens sullied the ground as the heat washes over. Above the skies, a powerful cry wash heard and the burning figure of the woman cindered the figure in the storms.

“Looks like that woman won,” said Ari. She pointed at her chest. “We gotta find a way to stop this. The rest of the factions are moving. I heard from a Mage before the same Mage left us to here to fend off. He was in a hurry.”

“They know something that might help?” Aria asked.

“Killing a God or a Goddess is impossible for us. We had to appease it and the Wises think that they can do that by finding this Tower of God that appears out of the Haze.”

Aria looked at Ari. “Where’s this tower?”

“The Tower should be in the desert. A sorceress will open a pathway to us, Sister. Will you come with us? The White Lance needs to be used, Sister. We will have better chances, no, they’ll have better chances if we come with them.”

“So soon?” Aria looked around. The city was covered in both ashes and debris. The rest of the poor fools started clearing up those who are under the rubble. People started running out of their homes while the clouds conjured by that storm were burned away.

“What is happening?” Ari asked. Her hands were on her waist. And her hair resting on her breastplate.

“I’m clueless, sister.”

“Yes, I know, however, this is something that goes beyond what we knew. Two cosmic beings fighting like images on the sky, that is concerning. If this battle keeps happening then the world won’t last. I insist that we find this thing.”

Ari smiled. Aria wondered what she’d think.

“Sister, you weren’t so adventurous. Did those beings finally changed your mind about singing and dancing all day?”

“What are you saying?” Aria tapped her white lance.”

“I heard that you had a servant. This servant left you. When I saw that letter concerning how you got a man on your own home and been with this said mad. I thought that my dearest sister might have finally taken a groom, a husband or a lover. Of course, I knew that you are rather fickle, and your lover is the song, but the letter made me reel in shock.”

“I had someone served me. Not a lover.”

“Aye, I’m sure that is your bleeding heart, sister.” Ari pulled on the hilt of her sword. “I met a swell man in one of the cities, a bold man whose face was chiseled, and I admit that I would have wanted that man as my lover. He was smoldering with this aura I cannot understand. However, this man left without a word.”

Aria’s brow furrowed. “For my sister, who had practically married the field of battle, says this? What do you mean, my sister?”

“It means that she had fallen too fast,’ a woman said.

Aria turned and saw a maiden in the same outfit as Aria. Aria noticed her eyes first. “Aura, so you are all fine, dear?”

“Never better, your sister here,” she leaned her forearm on Ari, “has taken a liking to a man.”

“What?” Aria turned. “Is this true?”

“Yes, it is true, however, that was a magical night and I am a woman who had a focus on the strifes. That won’t distract me and you know that,” Ari admitted.

“Says the little girl who waited inside an Inn for the same man to come out. Aria, Ari here’s rather sensitive, and her poor broken heart waited for that man. It was a sight.”

“I see,” Aria said.

“Not interested then,” Aura raises both hands. “You are the same, and I am safe to assume that we’ll be traveling together.”

Ari took a step in front, Sister, I wish you dearest and I wish to get back to the problem now.”

Ari and Aria stood on rough stone. They passed through broken buildings and went to a strange man who had opened a portal.

“The twin sisters,” said the doorman. “It looks like the hunt for the tower will be easier with the twins around. I do hope that you save our worlds; or is this new troop going to be little use?”

Aria and Ari passed through the portal and into a field with tents, wearing different banners and clothing. The twins went inside and barely ignored the people inside. When the holder of this place saw the painful beauty of the reality behind this troublesome affair, she had to guide him.

“Welcome, Twin Sisters, I didn’t expect for your visit, and I wish nothing more than that. The situation’s dire and I wish that you understand if we had called for you. We need to find this tower and we need to appease the two beings of this world”

9