Character Sheet – Gargan Kiri
47 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Gargan Kiri

Gender: Male

Race: Aarakocra

Age: 26

Appearance: Gargan is an Aarakocra, or humanoid birdfolk, of the falcon clan, and his brownish-white plumage showed it. As an aarakocra, Gargan prided himself on his beautiful and rather large pair of wings. As an explorer, he prided on its ruggedness and his unusually thick layers of feathers. For an Aarakocra, Gargan is tall, very tall, standing at 6ft, and his wingspan is an impressive 26ft long, tip to tip. What distinguishes the mist, however, is Gargan’s talons, which each have four gigantic claws that are capable of picking up a grown man with ease. Each of his feet could comfortably be wrapped around a grown man's torso too.

 

Maybe because he has been away from his nest for years now, Gargan has adopted a more ‘civilized’ fashion, not that he thought their clan’s apparel was barbaric. He thought it was tribal, and if anything else, it is quite tasteful too, as he still keeps a small pendant of his clan hanging on his leather belt, consisting of a wire wrapped piece of amethyst and a couple of feathers of his clansmen. His clothes are simple, as he only has a thick woven tunic and trouser underneath, a long coat of thick gambeson both as armor and for warmth, and a hardened leather cuirass on top. Lastly, he also sported a pair of braces.

 

Personality: Unlike most peers his age, the aarakocra is timid. Not shy, but just timid and tends to keep things to himself. Oh, but he isn’t the cold iron shell of a loner. More than anything else, it just took him a little longer to get comfortable with people. And his fuse is quite short too, if someone ever badmouths his clan’s pendants, or touches his wings without his permission. Beside those occasions however, he prefers to keep his word to himself, and many others would describe him as a calm, dependable guy who preferred to keep things non confrontational. 

 

Oh, even though he is of the raptor family, he is very scared of rats. Giant rats to be more exact, but their smaller cousins still made his plum stand upright, especially in damp, dark caves. And blizzards. And maybe extroverts too…. They intimidated him.

 

Backstory: Gargan Kiri is the third of his clutch, and thus is not expected to become a warrior for his clan, a joyless and bloody task that he would like to stay away from, especially with his war-loving clan of his. But, while not expected to become one, he was very much trained in the way of the sword like his older brothers and sisters, and is quite adept at it. At the age of 15, he made one of the least choices and left the mountain range, wanting to explore the world.

 

“What does the Plain of Beasts have to offer? How large are the Forests of the Elves? The Dwelling of Man? There is more to this boring, rocky and blood-soaked mountain!”

 

For 11 years, he explored much of the known world, visiting the famed Imperial Capital of man, to the Root of the World Tree deep within the Elven Scared Forest, to the Mobile Fortress of the Dwarves. Now he set out to discover the mythical Dimension Rift, a strange magical phenomenon that connected worlds and realms together. 

 

One his last journey, following an unconfirmed rumor, he arrived at a mountain range known for their hundreds of wyverns’ nests. A gamble, a dangerous game, but if it was true, his dream would come true!

 

And it did, but with the unwelcome help of a pair of hungry and pissed wyvern, Gargan and the couple engaged in an airborne high speed chase. It almost cost him his wing, but he was able to narrowly escape, driving through a Dimensional Rift. “The rumor is true!”

 

And that is how Gargan Kiri the fearless explorer finds himself staring at Sky Archipelago, a cluster of countless islands floating just below the lowest batches of cloud.

 

Skill:

Swordsmanship (Adept): Due to the aerial art of bladed combat that is unique to the aarakocra, and the rarity of it among the more humanoids races, Gargan has found that he is virtually undefeated with his swordsmanship. Against another aarakocra however, he will struggle, as he isn’t as practiced as them, due to his tendency to avoid conflicts.

[Aarakocra's Art of the Blade]

The aarakocra’s swordsman is much different to the land-bounded races, as they do not hold their blades with their hand, but with their feet, which offer a much stronger grip and thus, heavier weapons. Also, due to their anatomy, they can not swing a sword effectively due to their wings, and while airborne, could affect their flight. Their art of the blade pretty much involved aerial jousting, fly-by slashing and diving slashes. Never confront an aarakocra in an open field!

 

[/spoiler]

 

Survival (Expert): Due to his occupation, Gargan can pretty much survive in the wilderness almost everywhere, and he has a vast well of knowledge involving hunting, fishing, field cooking, harvesting, scouting, camping, first aid, and navigation.

 

Scouting (Expert): This one is very much explanatory, isn’t it? Oh, right, his falcon eyes can see much much farther than normal human eyes, allowing him to view the land from up high in clear detail!

 

Hydromancer (Beginner): He is not very experienced with magic, as he spends most of the time on the road and avoiding conflicts. In fact, he only knows one offensive spell, Water Bolts, and mostly uses his magic in a more utilitarian way, like creating water for drinking or washing. Or to summon a layer of mist to screen his retreat. His magic mentor, an old human mage, has taken a liking to him, due to his mundane but useful way of magic, as opposed to the aggressive way most mage and wizard casted their spells.

 

Inventory:

 (At the time he arrived on AGSA, and think that he will always have on him unless stated otherwise)

2 Set of clothes (tunic and trouser)

1 Thick gambeson

1 Hardened leather cuirass (his biking jacket!)

1 Navigational kit (Compass, papers, string ruler, ink and barely written notebook)

1 Aarakocra blade (Similar in size with a zweihandler, but with a much longer handle)

2 Knives (one for heavy duty chopping, one for skinning and cooking)

His clan’s pendant and charm.

4