Chapter 9: Well…that Happened
242 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You, ok?" Rob asked as the wall slid closed behind Arthur, he had scoured the small storage and had found more than one small purse of coins earning about two hundred gold.

"Yeah, just had a 'come to Jesus' moment in there and got some things to think about," Arthur told Rob who held out some armor towards him. "What's that?" Arthur asked as he walked over.

"Your loot, not much but better than nothing." Penny butted in as Arthur took the armor and pulled up its information.

Spoiler

Armor Name: Dark Acolyte's Reinforced Robe
Armor Type: Light; Blackened Leather, Silk, Silver Thread; Robes-Enchanted
Armor Class: Uncommon
Equipment Slot: Chest
Base Defense: 20
Primary Effects...
--- +10 Intelligence
--- +10 Dexterity
--- +5 Constitution
Secondary Effects...
--- +5% Resistance to Blunt, Piercing, and Slashing Damage

[collapse]

It was more of a jacket than a robe, it came down to his hips and was open in the front, but the silver thread stood out against the black cloth and leather. Either way, it was far better than what he had on. "So how do we get out of here?" Arthur asked and Stern was the one that responded.

"Use the Port Key, it will Teleport anyone to the entrance of the Dark Conclave of Damnation." the Dungeon Lord rumbled as he pointed to a small pillar next to the now-empty treasure chest.

"What's the plan after getting out of here?" Penny asked as she walked towards the Port Key, giving the silent Undead a wide berth.

"Go to Vale Herst, bed down for the night before heading back to Vindomora. You guys need to decide if you are staying with me or not. I could use the help but it's up to you guys to decide what you want to do." Arthur told her as he studied their surroundings one more time to see if he missed anything.

"We are clear, the only areas we didn't scope out we were warned to stay away by the new overlord," Rob stated as he pointed to Stern who glared at the man before stomping off as the Ranger chuckled.

Penny shook her head as she chuckled, "Stop acting like a child, he could have let you send yourself to respawn instead of warning you idiot." the Warden chastised him before touching the stone and disappearing in a flash of light.

Arthur chuckled at the sibling's antics as he walked over to the stone that was crafted in a way that looked like the top was a smiling skull. He touched it causing a prompt to appear.

Spoiler

Notice: Do you wish to activate Port Key? Yes or No

Note* If you use the Port Key you will be teleported to the entrance of the Dungeon and if you wish to return you will have to navigate through the Dungeon again. 

[collapse]

Arthur confirmed it and with a sense that he was falling the world around him warped and suddenly he staggered slightly as he did his best to keep the contents of his stomach where they were. "That sucked!" Penny snapped and Arthur looked over to see the armored tank leaning over and breathing slowly.

Before Arthur could respond, he heard a 'POP!' and Rob appeared, while he managed to keep his feet, he looked worse for wear and promptly puked the contents of his stomach. "Well...it looks like your brother agrees with you." Arthur quipped earning a glare from Rob as Penny laughed. "Seriously, are you ok Robert?" Arthur asked as he studied the Ranger who waved him off.

"Yeah, I just don't like portal travel according to my stomach. Let's go, I want some food and a bath." Rob replied as he started for the tree line that hid the nearby village. Arthur glanced to Penny who shrugged her shoulders and trotted off after her brother. Arthur shrugged his shoulders and followed after them as he brought up his waiting notifications.

Spoiler
<<<System Alert>>>
Quest Alert: Dark Avenger

Notice: You have completed the secret quest to slay those that have defiled a Dark Shrine. While you could have lifted their Curse, instead you damned them to eternal servitude for their crimes against the Dark. You have received 10,000 Experience, +100 Renown, your Reputation with all 'Dark' Aligned Races has increased, your Reputation with Pelor and his servants has decreased by -500 (Unfriendly).

Notice(s)...

--- Through your continued actions (Human sacrifices and damning a whole Dungeon worth of people to Undeath) your Alignment has shifted to 'Evil'.
--- You have been granted the Ability...Shield of Oblivion
--- Title Unlocked...Friend of the Forgotten

Ability Unlocked: Shield of Oblivion
Ability Type: Active
Ability Description: You have gained the attention of Hades and his protection and favor are unflinching. With the Shield of Oblivion, you are immune to all Damage and your Regeneration rates are doubled for a short time. This is a Divine spell and cannot be dispelled through normal means.
Damage: N/A
Effect 1: Damage Immunity
Effect 2: Increase Health, Stamina, and Spirit Regeneration by 100%
AoE: N/A
Range: Self
Duration: 10 Seconds
Cast Time: Instant
Cost: N/A
Cooldown: 24 Hours

Title Name: Friend of the Forgotten
Description: Although many have forgotten the Gods that were cast out of the Material Plane after the Great War, you have befriended them, and they will not forget your service. Those that keep faith in these Gods and Goddesses will know you upon seeing you. This is a Hidden Title and only followers of the Forgotten, High Priests, First Acolytes, and Gods will be able to see it.
Effect: Automatic 'Friendly' Reputation with any worshippers of the Forgotten Gods (I.E the Gods of the Dark Pantheon)

2 X Level up!

Class Bonus: +2 to Intelligence and Spirit

You have (10) free Attribute Points.

You have (6) free Talent Points.

<<<System Alert>>>

[collapse]

Arthur stopped as he read the Ability information, it was something a Paladin should have but he had never heard of a mage having such a spell. It also told me how desperate the God was for me to succeed because Arthur was almost certain the cost came from somewhere if not him. He glanced at the notifications one more time before dismissing them as he started walking again, looks like this game was going to be interesting.


Peter studied his screen and smiled, "We got one, and it's a big one." he called over his shoulder. The developer was in the Pit helping monitor the progress of Endless Online and while the company might be hands-off the game, that didn't mean they wouldn't maintain a watch.

James looked up from his screen, "What do we have?" he asked the other man.

"We got a player that has taken the first step in the Path of Napeth, he has the Seal of Dominion and Clockwork Power Core from the Dark Avenger branch," Peter replied before turning back to his screen. James quickly got up and looked at the screen and the information displayed there. "Player is only Level fourteen after the Dungeon, choose to make the cursed Undead binding them to the Dungeon and turning it from a one-off to a permanent Dungeon until the Dark Pantheon comes back. He is the only one that has unlocked a Dark Class and is on the Quest chain currently." Peter reported.

"So, it's all above board, well if he succeeds it will make the Board happy, it will mean more money and publicity for the game. Is the player streaming video of his gameplay?" James asked as he grabbed a nearby chair and sat down.

"Correct." Peter replied as Meridith walked over and joined them.

"What are you two up to?" she asked, and they both pointed to the screen. Meridith cocked an eyebrow and read the readout as her eyebrows climbed her forehead, "How with the release less than a week ago?" the Developer asked.

"He isn't the first to discover a way to create Faction, just the first to discover what the disk is and how to use it. Two other contenders can create a Faction at this point if they discover what the disks are and how to use them." James told her as he manipulated the screen and brought up the accounts that had been flagged. "See, he is just one of three and I am sure there are others on the trail as well they just haven't tripped anything that has grabbed our attention yet." Meridith shrugged her shoulders, it was possible and something they hadn't thought would happen until at least six months into the game.

Now there were three Seals of Dominion in play and even though the players had no idea, they were in a race. A race that could set the tone for EO for the next couple of years, the question was who would win and rise?


Derrick leaned against the shower wall and let the hot water cascade down on him and around him, it had been a long day and his body was tired and sore. After everything that had happened within Endless Online and with his work, he needed to relax and take some time absorbing everything. 

After getting back to the village, he had quickly eaten then rented a room so his Avatar could sleep, and he could log out of the game. "I have compiled my search sir, do you wish to hear the results, or do you want to read them?" Cleo asked. 

Derrick groaned incoherently as he looked up at the ceiling, "Tell me what you got." he told the V.I. as he glared at the sensor.

"Very well sir, as far as any results on the Seal of Dominion, I have found only vague references on the game lore. Passages that say that they can make or break kingdoms that it is a coveted and extremely rare item. As far as the Forums, I have found two inquiries from two separate Clans, neither one offered any concrete responses, but you can assume that at least two more of those items are in the hands of other players." the V.I. reported as Derrick began washing his body. "As far as the other item, I found no references on the Forums and only sporadic references in the public game lore. All of them reference that they are crucial in creating powerful items or even buildings." Cleo finished.

"Ok keep an eye on the Forums referencing either item or on official posts made by Paramount Entertainment. Flag anything and bring it to my attention when you come across it. Now, do you have any messages from none blocked numbers?" Derrick asked as he turned off the water and started drying. 

9