Day 0 – Worldshift and Registration
41 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I notice the night is silent, while the whole archipelago seems to be screaming, they had just moved across planes… I was just watching this odd portal swirling in the sky a few minutes ago, we were pulled into it, then the sky changed completely, on top of that there was a huge earthquake which shook the floating islands, how peculiar.

I begin walking to the edge of the floating island I stand on, I look down and underneath 'Aerelieth' and I see a massive forest, it is exhilarating and dizzying, I can’t wait to go down. I better hurry and get registered.

I turn around and start walking towards the Adventurer's Guild, I notice shopkeepers working very hard constantly restocking their shops. There are so many people, I have to wonder if anyone is indoors. About halfway to the Guild I overhear some people with glowing Butterflies talking about the 'Worldshift', I am unsure of the gravity of this, I only know that there is plenty of adventuring to do.

I finally made it to the Adventurer's Guild, the doors were constantly being flung open with people entering and exiting, when I myself entered, I saw tons of shattered glassware, which was being cleaned up by some employees, and everyone was talking. The atmosphere is hot as well, practically on fire.

My steps started echoing as I unconsciously sped up, I was on the verge of touching the bell on the reception desk when someone walked around a corner and greeted me.

She started off with introductions, "Hello there I am Felicia, what is your name?"

I followed up, in the hopes that I could make some connection, "My name is Jan, I planned on registering sooner, but the Worldshift happened right before I could make it."

She helped me, assuming that I was distressed, "It's fine, come with me, we need to fill out your guild card and go through the rules."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Our conversation was orthodox.

She handed me a paper and said, "Please fill this out, and afterwards, you'll get a tour."

What ensued was perhaps the most awkward silence in history, I was talking to her just fine but when I start writing I don't stop for anything.

"I finished."

"That's good, hand it to me for just a second."

She takes my guild card then returns moments later with a Butterfly.

"What happened to my card?"

"I linked it with your Butterfly."

"oh, okay."

She passes the card to me and the Butterfly drifts over.

She smiled once again and said "Some people are quite shocked when they hear about the Butterfly, it is like magic, but anyone can use it.  Ah, I almost forgot, I need to show you the library."

"Lead the way."

She looked at me seemingly entertained and said, "The library isn't a place, it is in your Butterfly! Try asking your Butterfly about the Library."

"Butterfly, show me the Library."

The Butterfly makes a bunch of sparkles and projects a screen, directly at my face.

"You got it! Now, try tapping on something that interests you."

"I'll do it later."

"...Okay, by the way, you can ask the Butterfly for help, and if that doesn't satisfy you, the Guild will always be here for your support."

I was getting quite impatient, I couldn't stop thinking about adventuring.

I start walking away and wave to her, "Thanks for the help, see you later."

"Butterfly, help me."

The Butterfly seems a bit shy now, but does what I say. On the screen I can see a few places, the 'Library', the 'Quest Board', the 'Chat Room', and the 'Newsletter'.

"Butterfly, show me the news."

It is starting to get repetitive, but I am not one to waste time, so I continue making my way and familiarizing myself with the Butterfly. After reading the news, I feel excited again, the same feeling as when I was one step away from falling into the 'Lower World'.

3