Prologue: Meeting The Man of Her Dream
150 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Trim or cut?"
"Up to you. You know better." The girl said unenthusiastically.
She was quietly waiting for the man to give her a makeover while reading a book. Unknown to him, the girl was just staring and flipping the paper, distracted by her thought of what she dreamt last night.
'So last night was this man.. sigh. 3 months courtship and he would take me to his family. A white chapel, lively house, and two kids. What a tranquil life..'

In every dream of hers, she would see the scene of herself confessing to a random person and also the reply from the other party. It would extend long if the reply is positive but in reverse, it would be a short dream if it is a negative answer.
Thus, sometimes night can be a long deep sleep or one when she can barely sleep because of constant rejection in her dream.
Last night was a long dream but inside, she met with a foreboding scene. The news which was broadcast in her dream, the death of the one who raises her.
'It was so blurry that I can barely see the picture. When will that happen?'
She tracked the episode of her dream and recalled some clues that might be disregarded. A certain scene in the late evening, a vase with pink flowers in the dining table with the two of us talking about something unclear.
'Isn't there any calendar? Phone or watch? What am I exactly doing at that time?'
She kept pondering over the scene until the man talked to her.

"..fall... book," said the man.
She was still half awake from her reverie."Hm, pardon?"
"Some hair fall into your book." The man said with a slight smile.
'!?' Her iris finally focused on the layers of paper, there were layers of hair strands in between.
'!?@#!!' She was internally screaming and flipping some tables while maintaining her poker face.
"Oh, I just don't bother." The girl said.
'You damn stupid me! 'Don't bother' my ass. You completely look stupid, stupid!'
She was fighting hard with her inner self for a while until calming down. Then she looked at the man's reflection in the mirror and decided to pry on some clues.

"Say, mister, what do you think of flowers?"
"Hm, flowers? They are pretty.. just like you, miss." The man said matter-of-factly.
After a while silence, the man glanced at the girl's reflection in the mirror was staring blankly at him. Feeling that was too awkward, the man then continued to elaborate. "Flowers, they carry a different meaning in their name. Many people send flowers to help them convey their means. For gratitude, apology, wishing happiness or confessing your love."
'Hm, flowers for confessing love? But we would have been married by then." She recalled the scene in her dream.
"You seem to know a lot about flowers. Do you perhaps know the name of a flower? It is pink."
The girl's inquiry stumped him, which made him not know whether to laugh or cry.
"... Pink flowers... There are so many of them. And to be clear, I am not that familiar with flowers, actually. I just happen to know some.. by experience." The man said awkwardly then carried on, "Do you have the picture? Maybe I know if I look at the picture."
'Why do you think I bother asking you if I have the picture?! Google already has that function.' The girl mumbled inwardly.
"No. I just see some on the street last night, the petals are lush and the center is yellow."
"Hm, my mother seemed to have some in her garden before. You can try searching for garbera or peony. I just know this two."

The girl quickly took out her phone and search for the keywords on the internet.
"Found it. It looks like peonies. And it said for wishing wealth, good fortune and prosperity."
"If that's peonies, then my father often give them to my mother on their wedding anniversary. It symbolizes a happy marriage. He always gives the bouquet every year."
'Anniversary? Wait, how many flowers are there?' She started counting the flowers in her head while continuing her question.
"It is good that your parent still have their young heart. Will they also celebrate it this year?"
"They had already in April. This year is their 24th anniversary. I really envy them somehow. If possible, I also want to get married quickly."
The man's expression warmed while he spoke.
The girl saw it and said plainly, " I wish you meet a wonderful girl and a happy marriage."
Although last night she dreamt of the two of them married, she said it like it was none of her concern.
"Thank you.. It's done now." The man then pulled out the barber cape clothes.
She saw it in the mirror, wavy hair with a bang. The man did a really good job to make her look younger. Then the girl got up from the salon chair and cleaning up the hair in her book.
"It was a nice conversation, mister." She turned to the man and said lightly before she casually strode to pay the bill. She exited while pondering about the time of death in her dream.

'There are 25 flowers. It is highly probably their 25th anniversary. And it was April next year, hm. There isn't much time left.'
The man who raised her, also her boss, has managed an underground empire for as long as 20 years. He is renowned as the trade conglomerate on the surface. Under the light, the business chain has spread to more than half of this continent but on the shadow, who knows that it had extended to unimaginable places. There will definitely a huge problem arise after his death because he has no offspring. Thus, he trained many children to be his successor, one of them is the girl.
'The old man never mention whether he had sickness or not. Ugh, looks like I cannot slack off any longer.'
The girl strolled out the street while planning for her survival. 'The storm is coming..'

While on the salon, after the girl exited that place, the man was reminiscing about the earlier meeting. 'That girl before is really cute, though she seems a bit ditzy, I wonder if she would get lost on the street.., hm. Come to think of it, that girl said that she saw some peonies on the street last night.. But isn't it past the season right now?! Father always give peonies because their anniversary is in April when they bloom the most.'
No matter how late the flower blooms, it is unusual to be late for three months after its season.
'Hm, maybe the place was like a greenhouse, still selling peonies in autumn. I wonder where's that? Mom will be happy if I give that for her birthday present.'
The man simply came up with a conclusion of the girl's story.
'I should ask her if we meet again later.'

0