1.7 Rise of moral integrity, rehabilitate the slag Male Lead and strike for a break time!
1.4k 7 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the first time, after his coronation as a film emperor, did Rong XingLi not know how to act. 

He was at a loss. The towering person, that clutched to him desperately, refused to let go.  

Mr. Ruo, young master Ruo Chen, are you there?” called Rong XingLi repeatedly.  

No reaction, something must have triggered him…

Ignoring the curious gazes and gossips, Rong XingLi patiently soothed the tranced male lead. 

With a wistful sigh, Rong XingLi had no other option than consult his almighty system. 

“Xiao Yi, help me. What’s wrong with this big baby? How can I bring his soul back to his body?” pleaded Rong XingLi helplessly. He wondered, what had occurred in Ruo Chen’s former life to show such strong symptoms. He knew the overall situation, but not the exact degree of involvement of Ruo Heng and the Li twins. 

Ding— Host doesn’t need to act, Ruo Chen will restore his state with the current constellation on his own,” replied Jing Yi flatly. His host, as usual, tends to randomly give out nicknames. 

Rong XingLi was skeptical, if it was this easy, then why did people, aka himself, have to suffer from asthma? 

“Ding— Ruo Chen is the male lead, he can’t die prematurely,” reminded Jing Yi mildly. 

The main character halo finally showed some usefulness. 

“Can I fasten the regeneration process somewhat?” questioned Rong XingLi carefully, he didn’t want to be labeled as “very close” to Ruo Chen. That wouldn’t be good for the future ba! 

“Ding— Try calling him ‘Ah Chen’ or ‘Chen,” spat Jing Yi out flatly. 

Actor Rong: “…” 

Sure enough, his family’s system held a grudge for the cute nicknames. He should suppress his habits in the future to avoid this bullying. 

Nevertheless, he still called out for Ruo Chen in this intimate manner. It wasn’t a big deal anyway, technically, he was nearly 20 years older than him, but right now, his persona was an introverted university freshman. 

…Ah Chen?probed Rong XingLi softly. 

No reaction. 

“Chen, is everything okay?” asked he shyly. This time he didn’t expect a reaction. 

“Hmm…” murmured Ruo Chen. 

It worked miraculously! 

“Chen, can you release me? It hurts…” cried Rong XingLi out pitifully 

“…” Ruo Chen remained quiet, merely burying his head deeper into the crook of Rong XingLi’s neck.  

The corners of Rong XingLi’s mouth twitched. His majesty was truly willful, responding and ignoring as he pleases. 

Once again, he tried to wake up the sleeping beauty, “Chen, you need to let go! Or else—“ 

Growwwlll~~ 

However, his attempt was interrupted by his own stomach. 

Besides a simple pancake and a glass of milk for breakfast, he didn’t eat anything afterward and now it was nearly 2 pm. Getting hungry was natural. 

Rong XingLi was a bit irritated, he wanted to grab something to eat on his way to the broker, but now he was struck with this big brother. 

Arghh, it’s getting more complicated thanks to this guy! 

Rong XingLi could only stare holes into this heavy puppy. 

Perhaps, it was a mere coincidence, but Ruo Chen actually came back to his senses, after hearing his beloved’s stomach protest. 

He lifted his head and looked profoundly into Rong XingLi’s eyes, “Jun-er, I’m sorry, I worried you needlessly. Nothing’s wrong, I just felt a bit sleepy. Let big brother buy you something to eat ba!” said Ruo Chen with a husky voice, he pretended to be ok, even though he looked ghastly pale. 

Rong XingLi rolled his eyes mentally. Bro, you don’t look fit at all! Stop playing the strong. 

However, on the surface, his ridicule was untraceable, with an innocent and worried face he confirmed hesitantly, “Youyou are really alright? Not lying? 

“I’m really alright,” assured Ruo Chen and asked, “what do you want to eat? It’s my fault, I pulled you along the whole morning, neglecting your basic needs.” 

“No need,” replied Rong XingLi succinctly, “I have an appointment at 3 pm and won’t have time.” 

Ruo Chen furrowed his brows and lectured, “Jun-er, it’s not good to skip your meals. If it’s far from here, then I will drive you there. You’re still growing, don’t argue anymore, your appointment can wait. Moreover, you can’t carry everything by yourself. 

Are you my mother?! This father doesn’t need your meddling! 

Of course, Rong XingLi couldn’t voice out his inner thoughts. He refuted unconfidently, “That… indeed would be a problem, but it’s inconvenient to bring outsiders to the appointment.” 

Ruo Chen was a bit disappointed, Li Junyao hadn’t opened up to him yet, nevertheless, he remained optimistic. There were plenty of opportunities in the future. Only this time must he insist on his decision, or else, he won’t be able to sleep tonight, It’s settled, we’re going to eat together and I’ll drive you wherever you want to go ba!” 

Rong XingLi’s face was blank. 

Ahh, who cares anyway! Young master wants, young master gets. Spare my nerves for important things. 

Thus, they went to a famous chinese restaurant. Li Junyao never ate such delicious food before, his taste buds were literally assaulted by stimulation. Rong XingLi, who, in fact, was used to such delicacies, still ate like a pig. 

Who let this body be so pitiful! He practically only fed on instant noodles, since he transmigrated over. 

Ruo Chen was surprised at first. This boy was truly amusing. 

After the meal, Rong XingLi burped from satisfaction.  

Ruo Chen smiled from ear to ear seeing him so happy. 

Rong XingLi averted his eyes, he pretended to be unaware of his passionate gaze. 

Within a few minutes, they reached the broker office. Ruo Chen scrutinized Rong XingLi again – why would he need to open a depot privately? The Li family was a well off nouveau riche household. Li Mengyao would be marrying into another family, that’s why only Li Junyao would be left to inherit the family legacy. Suddenly, a bad premonition hit him, that needed to be verified. 

Against Rong XingLi’s dissent, Ruo Chen accompanied him to the appointment. The receptionist, he met this morning, was stunned at first and became a lot friendlier. Sure enough, clothes make the man, no matter, which world, ah! 

With Ruo Chen’s identity, it was a piece of cake to get the best deal. The male lead was like an unrefutable, overbearing boss. 

Yet, when it came to him, Ruo Chen transformed to a doting older brother, Jun-er, where do you want to go next?” asked he in a tender voice, his arm was casually put on Rong XingLi’s shoulders. The tension between them was ambiguous, even outsiders felt it. 

“I want to go back to university. Many thanks for your guidance today, young master Ruo,” said Rong XingLi calmly, with a simple bow, he very naturally extracted himself from Ruo Chen’s clutch without being rude. Moreover, he dispelled the ambiguity from earlier and turned it into a formal disposition instead. 

Ruo Chen’s eyes lost a bit of cluster. The disappointment was written all over his face. 

Rong XingLi tried his best to ignore this puppy behavior. 

In a blink of an eye, they reached the dorms.  

“Jun-er, take care and eat properly. We will meet again very soon,” said Ruo Chen as a goodbye as he ruffled through Rong XingLi’s hair. The motion was subtle, but Ruo Chen brushed slightly over Li Junyao’s ear and cheek, as he withdrew his hand. 

“…En,” spat Rong XingLi out with great difficulty. 

With a bright smile did Ruo Chen finally leave. 

Rong XingLi opened his door and plummeted to the ground. 

He was exhausted, entertaining this male lead was purely soul-draining! 

His mind was distracted and he failed to notice the figure, that stood at the end of the corridor. 

It was the female lead, Li Mengyao! She witnessed the whole affair! 

At first, she thought, that Ruo Chen wanted to visit her, thus, she hurried to Li Junyao. She intended to give him some useful references, that she got from her circle senior. After ensuring, that her brother wouldn’t leave his room any time soon, she would accompany Ruo Chen out of courtesy. 

Never in her dreams would she believe, what she just saw. Her fiancé and little brother, who usually bickered, the moment their eyes met, talked to each other normally. No, it was even overly harmonious! 

Ruo Chen looked like another person, his familiar way to touch her Ah Jun and this intimacy, when talking to her little brother, left her with mixed feelings. 

Furthermore, her little Ah Jun cut his hair and was extraordinarily bright today. He seemed not the least bit aware of Ruo Chen’s shameless tofu eating1taking libraries in touching someone without being excessive or harassing! 

He even blushed a little! Does that mean it’s mutual affection or have they been secretly dating the whole time? If it’s like that then… am I not couple breaker then?!” brooded she quietly by herself. 

Jing Yi, who was a bystander silently thought: No, he was just tired from carrying a mountain of clothes. 

What should I do? My brother is being targeted by Ruo Chen… no, no! Li Mengyao get a grip, don’t jump to conclusions, first confirm, then worry. 

After she made up her mind, she followed her original plan and knocked on Li Junyao’s door.  

A neat and slightly abashed youth opened the door. 

“Big sis it’s you! Come in, what brings you here?” greeted Rong XingLi enthusiastically. 

She smiled and replied, “What reason do I need to visit my cu- I mean handsome little brother? When did you cut your hair? It looks good on Ah Jun. There will be a lot of girls calling out for you. ~~” 

Being teased like this, made the little “Ah Jun” blush from shyness, he responded a bit sullen yet happy, “I just got the cut this morning, when I was out shopping. Sorry, I couldn’t pack them away yet.” 

With “them” Rong XingLi referred to the big shopping bags, that littered on the ground. Li Mengyao was a bit perplexed, the amount was not something her Ah Jun could effort with his part-time jobs! But the most eye-catching thing was the brand, it was a Ruo Group affiliated store, does it mean those are all gifts from Ruo Chen? 

“Ah Jun, those clothes—“ 

Before she got the wrong impression, he interrupted her, “I got a new better paying part-time job. As a social media assistant, I don’t need to exhaust my body physically as much and can substitute short term for a quick buck! I piled up a small sum and thought new clothes would be good, since you always nag me to treat myself better… sorry to worry you.” 

So it was like that! Ah Jun finally does something for himself. And brother Chen must’ve guided him out of goodwill. 

Li Mengyao indeed worried, since the meeting with Ruo Chen, he seemed to avoid her. She smiled, her brother simply holed up himself in his room to make money and now rewarded himself. 

“Say, Ah Jun, why didn’t you brought me with you? Big sister feels lonely~~” lamented she.  

“No! Impossible! I can’t go buy underwear with you!”  

Li Mengyao burst out in cheerful laughter, the matter with Ruo Chen, well, this matter. She could just confirm her suspicions at the upcoming dinner party. 

I love tofu.

36