1.9 Rise of moral integrity, rehabilitate the slag Male Lead and strike hard, offense is the best defense!
1.3k 10 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rong XingLi’s nearly choked on his bubble tea. 

 

Zhang Ze hastily patted his back, “Ah Jun, be careful, don’t choke ba.” 

 

Cough, cough. Brother Ze, it’s alright already. I’m not a kid,” responded Rong XingLi sheepishly, his outer appearance totally masked his inner turmoil. 

 

Ruo Chen that a**hole was coming three hours earlier than scheduled! 

 

“Jing Yi, why now, why him?! Shouldn’t he pick up Li Mengyao much later for the family dinner today?” 

 

“Ding— Ruo Chen right now is reborn, a change in is behavior and action is not unexpected. The family dinner is an important plot event. Please use your improvisation skills.” 

 

Tears flowed down his cheeks. His family’s system abandoned him at the crucial moment! 

 

Okay, let's use plan B! 

 

Originally, Rong XingLi intended to let Zhang Ze meet with Li Mengyao before the dinner. They would cultivate their feelings further. With her guilty conscience, she would be unable to concentrate on Ruo Chen. Alas, all the talk related to marriage would be shoved to the background. 

 

But now, plan A was useless. The only thing he could do, was create an awkward situation between the male and female lead with the addition of Zhang Ze. 

 

The biggest problem was, that Rong XingLi had no way to tell, how the mess would proceed. After all, he wasn’t invited to the dinner. The Li parents knew, that Li Junyao wasn’t fond of his soon to be brother-in-law. The last time, they had to bow their heads down to their knees, until they couldn’t feel their backs from all the apologizing anymore. This time, the eyesore was left in the dark, to prevent a second humiliation. 

 

In the original plot, it was only three days later, that the original Li Junyao was informed of the happenings of this evening. Ruo Chen and Li Mengyao officially started dating. 

 

The original soul was devastated, him being ignored by his own parents wasn’t painful anymore, he already grew numb to the innumerable scars they left, but his sister abandoned him! The devil seduced the only light in his life! 

 

After that, he tried to persuade his sister to break up, but it was declined every time. She even spent less time with him, to date Ruo Chen. 

 

Even though it was different now and the two didn’t started anything yet, Ruo Chen, that brat, was an unpredictable variable. 

 

If he wasn’t interested in Li Mengyao, why would he still hold onto the engagement? It’s highly possible, that he would marry her, just to slap Ruo Heng ah! 

 

No matter what, he had to ruin any friendship between them or he would’ve to fear failure 24/7. 

 

Thus, he called Li Mengyao, when Zhang Ze was picking up their order. Rong XingLi faked to have an important matter to discuss, that needed her to be present and the angel came flying. 

 

“Ah Jun, what did you wanted to talk about? asked she nervously. She felt stressed and guilty at the same time, because she had to keep quiet about the dinner, otherwise their parents would cut Li Junyao’s allowance. 

 

Rong XingLi showed his dramatic acting skills, with an authentic broken voice, he stammered, “Big sis, how could you… I trusted you, yet you left me in the dark…” his head tilted slightly to the ground, his downcast figure left the onlookers ache for him. 

 

Thinking, she was exposed, Li Mengyao was flustered and tried to explain, “Ah Jun it’s not what you think! I didn’t do it on purpose, but telling you, might have upset you more, so—“ 

 

Rong XingLi interrupted her, that was enough teasing, “So, you didn’t tell me, that the senior I relied on the past few weeks, was an older guy, gentle and handsome? Humph, don’t underestimate me! I don’t like Ruo Chen, but that doesn’t mean, I wouldn’t support you with another guy. Do know, how embarrassing it was to be led around the nose by brother Ze! Ah, I will be labeled as the clumsy cutie, thanks to your stories,” said he with puffy cheeks. 

 

“What?” uttered she confused.  

 

“Ahh, don’t play dumb! You like senior Zhang Ze, right? Why else would you tell him everything!” exclaimed he like a gossiping middle-aged aunty to the processing female lead, he struck the iron while it was hot, “I say, he probably likes you too!” 

 

Being told so directly by her brother, Li Mengyao blushed crimson red. 

 

“A-Ah Jun, what—“ unfortunately she was cut off again. 

 

Ah Yao? Did Ah Jun call you? Let me get you a drink, take a seat,” a voice as clear as spring water reverberated in her eardrums. Not being attracted to such a fine specimen was unscientific! 

 

“…En, Brother Ze.” 

 

With that, the seeds were sown ready to sprout love. Satisfied, the lightbulb1third-wheel, the unneeded friend on a date dimmed its light. 

  

Everything seemed okay, until Rong XingLi could feel a burning gaze on his neck. At the same time popped up a system message. 

 

“Ding— The male lead has arrived within a 500m radius.” 

 

Gulp. 

 

The BOSS has come. 

 

He pretended to be clueless over the impending arrival of the lord male lead and suggested, that they should take a selfie together. Of course, he shoved Zhang Ze to Li Mengyao and stood a bit before them to take the photo. The atmosphere was great, when a shadow hovered over him. Three people looked simultaneous at the person behind Rong XingLi. 

 

Li Mengyao paled, Zhang Ze was bewildered and Rong XingLi… well, he pretended to be blinded by the sun. His cap fell off as he tilted his head back.  

 

The person bent over to lift up the cap. 

 

“Jun-er, your cappy.” 

 

Long slender fingers combed through the jet-black hair affectionately, before the cap was put back on. 

 

Ba-thump~ 

 

It suits you. Should I buy you more? said Ruo Chen calmly. His face showed a trace of longing. 

 

“Thanks, but no thanks,” said Rong XingLi expressionless, the places that were touched, felt itchy 

 

The air suddenly turned weird. The two were in a deadlock, while Li Mengyao and Zhang Ze felt awkward watching them. 

 

Li Mengyao was too flustered to respond, so the responsibility to break the ice fell to Zhang Ze. 

 

“Hello, my name is Zhang Ze. May I know your name? How do you know our Ah Jun?” inquired he mildly. 

 

“Ah Jun?” Ruo Chen’s ears perked up instantly, irritated he continued, “I’m Ruo Chen, a close friend of Jun-er, if you would excuse us, I have some business with my family’s Jun-er.” 

 

Zhang Ze felt something not quite right, “Ah, brother Ruo let’s sit down and drink a tea together, while—“ he wanted to cool the situation, but was interrupted. 

 

“Brother Ze it’s okay,” he shook his head, “Mr. Ruo let’s go, I can’t let a family friend wait.”  

 

Ruo Chen’s chest was stuffy, being stomped off as a mere acquaintance, while some random guy was called so intimatelyhe felt really uncomfortable all of a sudden. 

 

Zhang Ze watched them leave helplessly, he turned to Li Mengyao worriedly, “Ah Yao, was it right to let Ah Jun leave with that person? He seemed suspicious, is he really an acquaintance of you?” 

 

Li Mengyao just murmured to herself, before grabbed his arm and stared decisively at him with her misty eyes, “He’s my fiancé, but I think he’s seriously in love with Ah Jun, what should I do? Ah Jun looks pissed, I hope they can clear their misunderstanding. I don’t want his first love to end tragically, because of me, ah! 

 

Zhang Ze almost slipped down the chair. What did he just hear? Why were the fiancé and brother suddenly in love with each other?! 

 

Ah Yao, calm down—“ 

  

As if she was possessed, the prior listlessness was nowhere to be seen anymore, she clenched her fist in a supportive motion. 

 

“Ah Jun, rest assured! Big sister will support you no matter what, even on the arduous road of a homosexual relationship. You can be gay, bi or hetero, I’ll still love you!” 

 

Surprised to see a brand-new side of this Meimei2little sister, Zhang Ze let a single chuckle escape his mouth. 

  

Li Mengyao, who felt teased, puffed her cheeks and rebuked him, “Brother Ze is banned to laugh at me ba!”  

 

Contrary to her expectation, he broke into loud laughter.  

 

I give up. I completely fell for her. 

 

The pure and uptight angel had such a childish and passionate side too, with her it would never be boring. 

 

Back to the male lead. Ruo Chen was holding Rong XingLi’s hands tightly. They stood rooted beside his car. Once again, he repeated the same questions, which he already asked over and over again. Rong XingLi could only endure and hold his comments to himself. 

 

“Who was that person? He seemed suspicious!” 

 

Your grandfather! You’re the suspicious one! 

 

“Why were you all together?” 

 

Think I wanted to be alone with you, huh?! 

 

“I tried to call you! Why didn’t you pick up or answered my texts?” 

 

You were annoying, I let Jing Yi block you. 

 

“You called him brother, why are you so distant to me?” 

 

You are younger than me. Call me father instead, ‘kay? 

 

Please call me Ah Chen or just Chen!” 

 

Daddy has some work to do, can’t play house with you. 

 

Ruo Chen’s face was solemn, his stare piercing and his bearing worthy of a male lead.  

 

But why the hell was he acting like a mimosa?! Something must have gone wrong, when he was reborn. 

 

“Mr. Ruo, we’re not close at all, please don’t misunderstand. I appreciate your help from last time, but don’t expect help from me to chase my sister ba, said Rong XingLi with a troubled and slightly disdained face. 

 

Ruo Chen’s expression sunk like the world just shattered. 

 

Seeing how feeble he behaved, Rong XingLi’s mouth twitched, he needed mental support! 

 

“Jing Yi, could it be, that our male lead dropped his IQ after being reborn?” asked he his family’s system sarcastically. 

 

“Ding— That possibility could not be ruled out.” 

 

“…Forget I asked.” 

 

That was unexpected. 

 

If Ruo Chen really turned into an idiot, then he should distance the twins from him all the more! 

 

Jun-er, I don’t have an ulterior motive. I’m here for you! Remember the suits we ordered the other day, I brought them to you,” explained Ruo Chen bewildered. 

 

“Oh, then I’ll take them. I’m sorry for the trouble and thank you,” said Rong XingLi sincerely. Ruo Chen eyes lit up instantly, but the next words were like a destructive blow to his hope, “Since that was all, I’ll head back. Have a nice day.” 

 

Alarmed, Ruo Chen tried to stop him with his trump card, “Wait, Jun-er! I already came all the way here, let’s do something together, before we meet at the Li residence.” 

 

Rong XingLi raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean with 'meet at my parent's home'?” his tone doubtful. 

 

The bait was successfully taken and Ruo Chen was elated to spend more time with him. 

 

The Li Junyao in his former life wasn’t present at the dinner at his request. In the past, he wanted Li Junyao to be the last person to know, that his nightmare already became true, despite his relentless resisting. 

 

He had to admit, that his former self was twisted and despicable. If he could, he would beat up his prior self and pamper Jun-er silly. 

 

In this life he wanted to test those people and didn’t request anything, yet they still left Li Junyao out. From this, he could conclude, that everything in the report was true and the Li parents most likely had a hand in his downfall. The twins were guileless, but were still implicated. 

 

Today, as long as Jun-er and Li Mengyao wished for it, he would teach those treacherous and greedy people a lesson. 

 

His heart went chilling cold, but on the surface he acted surprised, “Didn’t your parents tell you about the dinner tonight? I thought, today was meant to introduce me properly to the whole family, that’s why I especially looked forward to talk with you ba.”  

 

Rong XingLi rolled his eyes mentally. 

 

Don’t act so surprised, when you already knew the outcome. You can’t trick this old fox with your third rate acting! Let this father show you how it’s done, humph! 

 

As he played along to proclaim his sovereignty, he revealed a shocked expression, his face changed from white to green and the relaxed youth from before, grew tensed, I-I didn’t know! How could big sis hide such an important matter from me! There must be a misunderstanding, she would never do that.” 

 

En, she cares for you so much, there must be a good reason. Jun-er do you perhaps angered your parents somewhat?” inquired he carefully. 

 

Rong XingLi flinched, all his muscles were tense and his lips pressed tightly together. NoI haven’t talk to them for weeks…” replied he timidly while looking downcast. It was unknown, what kind of scene he replayed in his head. 

 

This appearance pierced through Ruo Chen’s heart, his hands itched to hug and pat his Jun-er to ease him. But he resisted his urge, that would definitely scare off his family’s Jun-er. 

 

A bitter smile formed on Ruo Chen’s face, he had to admit, that he never cared this much for someone else 

 

For the time being, he could only slowly get closer.  

 

Jun-er, cheer up. I’ll take you and your sister there later ba.” 

 

That was what I wanted to hear! 

 

Rong XingLi’s gaze shifted to him. Once and for all, did he want to determine his intention, whether he was a potential ally or a hypocrite. 

 

A pair of impressive peach blossom eyes stared at Ruo Chen, his heart inevitably skipped a beat. 

 

However, just as Rong XingLi wanted to test him, a sudden gush of pain penetrated his brain. He held his head between his arms. 

 

“Ahhh-, w-why…” cried Rong XingLi out desperately, before passing out. 

 

“Jun-er, what happened?!” shouted Ruo Chen frantic. Li Junyao was okay just a moment ago, but now he seemed in unbearable pain. 

 

I’m completely useless. I came back, but he still has to suffer pain. 

 

He didn’t think much anymore and swept Rong XingLi into the car. Then he drove to the next hospital, but before they reached their destination, Rong XingLi regained his consciousness. 

 

The first thing he felt, after passing out, was a mix of anxiety, desperation, anger and loneliness, but also happiness and love. They were the feelings of Li Junyao before his death. He didn’t know why now, but he suddenly received a part of Li Junyao’s memories. 

 

Therefore, he couldn’t look at things as a third person anymore, it was impossible to ally with Ruo Chen. 

 

“Stop, the car immediately,” spat Rong XingLi out coldly. 

 

Ruo Chen could feel the sudden change in demeanor, still he was worried and denied his wish firmly, “No, we’re going to the hospital ba.” 

 

Rong XingLi wasn’t intimated the least, he just repeated himself, “Stop, the car, we need to talk.” 

 

After confirming, that nothing was wrong with Rong XingLi, he finally drove into a nearby parking lot. 

 

“Are you really fine, Jun-er?” inquired he once again. 

 

After a long time, there was still no answer. 

 

Ruo Chen grew anxious, something was not right. He scratched out his hand to touch Rong XingLi’s forehead, but was slapped fiercely. 

 

“Don’t touch me! Don’t you dare touch me ever again!” shouted Rong XingLi pissed. 

 

Ruo Chen was shocked, why did he turn so hostile all of a sudden? 

 

However, the attack just started, Rong XingLi didn’t mince his next words, those were the things, the original Li Junyao never got to speak out, “Do you take me for an idiot? Did you think I would say ‘thank you, you are my hero’? You know that I’m against the engagement and this dinner is clearly the official recognition for the settlement, even a moron can tell. Do you want to prove my powerlessness by letting me watch, how you marry my sister, despite having no feelings for her? Is it fun to watch me struggle, did you come today to laugh at me? In your eyes I’m just a loser, right? A disgusting weakling, who chases after his sister. Doomed to die an insignificant death. Just what’s your deal?” 

 

Ruo Chen inhaled sharply, those were his ignorant self’s thoughts, the dark past he hated. They were like a sin carved into his bones by a sharp knife unable to be erased. 

 

“No! Jun-er, that’s a misunderstanding! I don’t think so anymore, I hate myself for it. I-” 

 

A cold sneer escaped form Rong XingLi’s mouth, apart from contempt nothing was left in his eyes, as he looked at Ruo Chen, “Oho, why the sudden change? Just because you kept a low profile the past few months, doesn’t mean you’re a different person! It’s no secret, that you’re a fickle lover. Being tied by marriage, would restrict your love life, right. Am I your new target? Do you want to get a taste of a man? Or, do you want me as a backup, since it would be convenient to have me as a s*xfriend? Nobody would suspect an affair between the groom and the bride’s brother and you don’t have to fear a sudden pregnancy, isn’t that perfect?” 

 

It was like the past haunted him, this was another sin he had to account for. Apart from the first time, when he was drugged and not clear-headed, he forced himself many times on Li Junyao out of convenience. 

 

After time and time again, Li Junyao stopped his struggle and became obedient, until the boy developed a severe case of Stockholm-syndrome. 

 

How foolish and self-absorbed it was, to think he could obtain his love, just because he was reborn. He was scum and never cared about the feelings of his partners, thus, it was his atonement to never receive love himself. He wanted to laugh, laugh at himself. 

 

With forced smile, he spoke to Rong XingLi, “Jun-er, I’m sorry, I made you very uncomfortable. I will break the engagement at the dinner and won’t come near you ever again after today. But for the last time, please accompany me today as a friend, come to the dinner and meet your family ba,” his eyes reflected deep sorrow. 

 

Rong XingLi softened a bit and agreed after a long time, “En.” 

 

Both kept quiet after that and just drove back to the university. 

 

What should I say, it's a real rollercoaster. ML abuse to the max, hehe. The first title wordplay appeared, yay!

 

35