1.11 Rise of moral integrity, rehabilitate the slag Male Lead and strike for some tofu and a good nap!
1.3k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone was stifled frozen, what kind of unfavorable timing was this? Madam Li just displayed her ugliest side and couldn’t adapt to the sudden turn of events yet. She was unable to utter a word to Ruo Chen’s demand. 

Master Li cursed inwardly, they should have been more discreet earlier. Now they stood in a bad light and the situation became jittery. Still he put on an amiable smile, as he tried to deceive Ruo Chen, “Xiao Chen since when have you come back? Please don’t misunderstand, Madam Li tends to be harsh with her words, but only to demonstrate the graveness of the issue. Junyao you know, what you did wrong, now apologize ba.” 

Of course, Rong XingLi pretended to be emotionally hurt and tensed up. Unwilling to do as told. 

Ruo Chen sneered, those people still pretended to be magnanimous and righteous while using their child. He scolded himself for not perceiving the obvious in his previous life. 

 “I don’t believe, that he did anything wrong, nor do I think that such harsh words are appropriate to scold your own child, it sounded like blatant abuse,” rebuked Ruo Chen sternly. He did his best to control his rage, if it weren’t for the promise, he just gave Li Mengyao, then those people before him would already be dead. Nobody is allowed to restrain or hurt his Jun-er in any way! 

Madam Li, who was indirectly called child abuser, turned green and white from shame and anger. But Master Li gave her a warning look and she reined in her temper, after all Ruo Chen was their ticket to the inner circle of the high society.  

She swallowed her anger and put her smile back on, but before the Li parents could spin more lies, Ruo Chen proclaimed his standpoint, “Master and Madam Li, I will be frank. There won’t be a link between the Ruo and Li families, never! Be it personally or for business.  Therefore, I will leave now, no need to see me out. 

Just as Rong XingLi scrutinized the contorted faces of the appalled Li couple with great interest, a system message popped up. 

“Ding— Host has accomplished the hidden wish of the task giver. Don’t let the Li parents attain wealth through the Ruo clan. As a special reward the second task doesn’t need to be to be executed anymore. Congratulations! Please persist in your efforts to rehabilitate the slag male lead!” 

Sweet! One completed, two more to go. Points, daddy is coming~ 

To hide his gloating smile, Rong XingLi averted his gaze sideways and raised a hand over his mouth. But his delight didn’t last long, before Ruo Chen let off the next bomb. 

And just for your information, I’ll take Jun-er with me!” 

Rong XingLi’s eyes widened aghast, as Ruo Chen grabbed his arm and declared his intention. After today’s events he very likely has to leave the Li household and become independent, but why of all people did Ruo Chen think he would go with him?!  

Didn’t the great majesty just declare, that there would-never-be-a-connection between the two families? The hell, you just want Li Junyao instead of Li Mengyao, right?! 

With their past history and his strange behavior, it was pretty obvious, that Ruo Chen wanted to make a pass on Li Junyao.  

Don’t think he was too dense, he simply ignored Ruo Chen’s advances and lovelorn looks since the person in love hadn’t quite realized it himself yet. 

Heavens! Even the blind could see this was over the borderline of friendship. Rong XingLi was a genuine gay man, this bend male lead couldn’t fool his gay-instinct! 

Your mother! I have to preserve this body’s chastity. Only a moron would go into the tiger’s den! 

“Ding— Li Junyao did,” chipped Jing Yi casually in. 

“Dear Jing Yi, is that really important now? Help me! What in the world did he and Li Mengyao discuss?” 

“Ding— System 01 energy-level in a critical state. Initiate hibernation to recharge. Please note, that only standard notifications and warnings are given out in standby modus. We apologize for any inconveniences.” 

“Jing Yi?” 

“Ding— Please note, that only standard notifications and warnings are given out in standby...” 

Ai, me and my grumbling mouth. 

Being left by his own family’s system, Rong XingLi could only continue acting with a broken heart. 

“Young Master Ruo, please let me go. You must be drunk, why should I leave my parents' house with a stranger!? That’s a crime, let go! Father! Mother! Big sis!” exclaimed he while struggling. Although he didn’t expect much help from the Li couple, but weird enough, Li Mengyao just stood there motionless, even signaling an inconspicuous wink at him. 

The powerless Rong XingLi was escorted out by Ruo Chen under a rain of cussing. 

When they sat in the car, Rong XingLi stopped his rabbit act and ridiculed, “Hey! What’s the meaning of this? In which universe does ‘be on distance’ equals ‘kidnapping’?” 

Be obedient! There’s no way I’d leave you behind there. I already know everything, how they neglected you and about the miserable life you had,” retorted Ruo Chen as he started the engine and firmly held the steering wheel. 

Rong XingLi flared up, “You...you! Who gave you the permission to investigate me?! Why do you care in the first place? Leave! Me! Alone! You just make it worse and let everyone misunderstand, they will think I sold myself to you, ah! Sorry, but I don’t want to be labeled as yours!” 

After this declaration, the car and Ruo Chen’s movements stopped momentarily. He replayed the brief conversation with Li Mengyao, when they stepped out. 

Li Mengyao, I sincerely apologize for my abrupt and crude declaration, I told a white lie and implicated you, but I don’t want to drag on this farce any further. Excuse me for being blunt, I really meant what I said about you, however my feelings for you are more friendship than love. Therefore, I can’t marry you…” 

Li Mengyao processed everything and chuckled. “I know, you don’t need to tell me ba. Everyone could see, but could I confirm something with you?” 

“Ask away.” 

Are you dating Ah Jun?” 

Ruo Chen was dumbstruck. He covered his mouth with his hand and contemplated – did outsiders saw them like this? Indeed, he cared a lot for Li Junyao, however was is enough to be called...love? 

Seeing his complicated expression, she pressed again, “You two aren’t? Then I have a request - please don’t bother him again, he suffered enough, because of the rich upper circle and its power struggle. Don’t play with him, if you aren’t serious.” 

Ruo Chen was alerted instantly. His head became clearer than ever before and the knot of uneasiness in his heart dissolved. The indescribable feeling, he had with Li Junyao, finally had a definition. 

With a new profound resolution, he gave his answer. “No, that I can’t do. Indeed, we’re not dating, but thanks to you, I’m very clear about my feelings now. I love him, even if he rejects me, I’ll still love and support him for the rest of my life. It has to be him.” 

The corner of Li Mengyao’s mouth perked up, So you really love my family’s Ah Jun. Hehe, the great womanizer Ruo Chen fell for a man in the end. What do I do, my fiancé turned out to be a cut-sleeve1gay ah!  

Being teased in the matter of love for the first time in his two lives was unbelievably embarrassing for Ruo Chen. 

He flustered and changed the topic, "Since I can’t fulfill your wish, do you have another request to make ba?” 

She hesitated but still asked humbly, “Could you leave our parents out? I know, they wronged Ah Jun and I can’t forgive them for this, but they’re still my parents. Please don’t deliberately get revenge on them.” 

Ruo Chen raised his eyebrow provocatively, but relented in eventually in exchange for some exclusive information and photos of his darling. 

Reflecting on the heart-to-heart talk with his beloved sister, Ruo Chen wanted to mock himself. Another person had to point out his real feelings, otherwise, how long would it have taken him to ultimately grasp them? 

He turned his head sideways and gazed profoundly at the youth on the passenger seat, before he took a deep breath and gathered his courage. 

“Jun-er, even if you hate me, I will only love you for the rest of my life. Therefore, nobody is allowed to harm you, not your parents nor Li Mengyao or me. Even if it’s yourself, I won’t let you,” vowed he adamant. His eyes were fixed onto the engrossing eyes of the other male. 

Ba-thumb~ Ba-thumb~~ 

Li Junyao’s body heated up on its own. The words the original soul yearned for invoked a strong impact. Rong XingLi nearly blurted a “Me too” out, but replaced it in the last second. 

“Y-you are crazy!” stuttered he with a cracked voice. 

Thankfully he got control over the imposed emotions before he did something unredeemable. To his pity, he couldn’t regulate the body’s biological reactions. An obvious flush decorated his face from the cheeks up to the ears. Although he already averted his face to the window, it made his red ears stand out even more. Together with his slightly rushed breathing and heartbeat, his whole body betrayed his words. 

In Ruo Chen’s view, the Li Junyao before him wasn’t as unfeeling as he feared him to be and was in a way quite seductive. 

Gulp. Don’t forget your rationality, if you pounce on him now, it’s over. 

He swallowed down the urge below his waist, which he neglected the past few months. 

“I won’t let you go back,” said Ruo Chen while turning the key again. He acted unperturbed, but still couldn’t conceal all of his rapture, there was a chance!   

“That’s abduction! Release me, now!” retorted Rong XingLi, he naturally saw through his façade. Ruo Chen’s mouth was twitching from suppressing his joyous mug. It looked like a petulant child, that tried to stay angry, even though it wasn’t anymore. Being so palpable, Rong XingLi couldn’t help, but stare bamboozled at this bloody noob actor.  

Cough~, Ruo Chen farce slightly crumbled under the passionate” gaze of his crush, he cleared his throat to adjust himself. 

I will,” replied Ruo Chen mildly while covering his grin with his fist, he tried to sound as modest as possible, “But only at your dormitory. I promised your sister to take care of you, complain to her. The moment I took you with me, I swore to give you my everything.” 

“You’re insane…” 

I know. But you are worth it.” 

Even though it was dead easy to play his part, Rong XingLi still had to give his best to stay calm. Li Junyao’s feelings affected him greatly and made this body hard to control. Staying near this reborn was dangerous, far more than with the hedonistic slag Ruo Chen used to be. If he was a normal run of the mill a**hole, then he could easily deal with him. 

But now this slag turned into a capable gentleman, sweet and handsome, with him you felt secure – wasn’t he the perfect husband for Li Mengyao?! 

Yet, this reborn actually behaved well and didn’t touch her or any other woman, instead, he pinned for the lil’ bro! 

His balls hurt, he didn’t want to be in a damn love triangle with the male and female lead! 

This was asking for abuse, and he wasn’t a masochist. 

Time seemed to tickle by even slower than on the way there. Rong XingLi stayed quiet for the rest of the trip back, he propped up his chin with his arm and leaned against the window.  

To be honest, he was tired and wanted to sleep. The fuss at the Li residence and the frantic emotional outbursts took a toll on his soul. 

I need to strengthen my soul power, or else I won’t last in the following worlds. No wonder Jing Yi went into hibernation, without energy we bodiless souls can’t even maintain our consciousness properly... 

It didn’t take long for him to step into the dreamlands. Ruo Chen noticed the person next to him dozing off and drove slower. He even adjusted the seat and air conditioner to make it more comfortable for him. When Ruo Chen stole a glance of the peaceful face next him, he relaxed gradually and unconsciously began to smile. 

All these things would casually be overlooked in the near future by Rong XingLi, who was deep asleep. 

At that moment, he had a dream about his past and the latest happenings. The time he spent with Huang Yaoyang and Bai Zhou, the encounter with Jing Yi and his short time as Li Junyao. Remembering the loneliness, he felt at the moment of his death gave him a cold shudder.  

A dreadful darkness slowly engulfed him. In a muddled state, Rong XingLi slowly sank into nothingness like a hollow shell to the bottom of the ocean.  

At some point, a system message popped up and repeated the same words three times. 

“Ding— WARNING! Soul energy has reached a dangerous low status.” 

“Ding— WARNING! Soul energy has reached a dangerous low status.” 

“Ding— WARNING! Soul energy has reached a dangerous low status.” 

It was then, that he remembered, what occurred on the very first day of his arrival. While Li Mengyao scolded him and he talked with his system, Jing Yi emphasized, “Although host’s soul will live on, if the world’s body dies a biological death, once host runs out of soul energy while on mission, host will perish forever without being able to reincarnate. It’s recommended to never overuse the soul 

Rong XingLi felt a bone-chilling cold seeping through his perceptibly dimming soul as he continued to dive into a dark void. 

 

Is this my end? 

Help me, Jing Yi... 

...anyone... 

...help... 

 

With every second ticking by, his conscious awareness diminished bit by bit and he involuntarily fell into a deep slumber. 

 It was unknown, how much time passed, but Rong XingLi had a dream. It has been a long time since he dreamed of him, after all his death was over 10 years ago. It was an unsightly dream of their first encounter. He was drunk, rude and to boot it, he kissed Rong XingLi forcefully. Thinking back, why did he fall in love with him in the first place?  

Weirdly enough, the kiss that was forced on him back then, which was like a taint in his whole life, now had a bitter-sweet taste. He longed for his touch and subconsciously spread out his soul power to trail this long past memory...  

***  

Ruo Chen at the side was clueless, that his beloved faced an ominous predicament. When they arrived at the dorms, it was already late and dark outside. Many students were out to play or went home to their parents, therefore it was quiet and desolate.  

Seeing Rong XingLi still asleep, Ruo Chen couldn’t bear to disturb his sweetheart. Moreover, a golden opportunity like this, to look as much as he wanted, wouldn’t come knocking at your door every day.  

Thus, the fool in love resolutely decided to take secret photos of his darling for future reference. Having enough to last the forthcoming dry period, Ruo Chen very reluctantly nudged the sleeping cutie.  

No reaction.  

After confirming, that Rong XingLi slept like a log, no matter which nerve he poked, Ruo Chen became bolder. He let his itchy hand audaciously roam over Rong XingLi and ultimately did it.  

He touched the silky hair and ruffled through the neatly combed hair!  

Mmm, very nice to touch, I really missed it.  

But the tofu eating had yet to end. Ruo Chen’s mischievous hand wandered down to Rong XingLi’s cheeks and stopped at his thin lips.  

Ba-thump~ Ba-thump~  

Ruo Chen came closer and closer to those enticing lips, until he could feel the warm and even breathing on his own.  

Should I? He wouldn’t know, but...  

“Will you allow me an innocent peck on the cheek?” pleaded Ruo Chen as he narrowed his eyes. His lips very softly pressed on Rong XingLi’s cheek right next to his mouth. The sensation was greater than he had expected.   

“Mmm, he...“ a muffled sound escaped from Rong XingLi’s mouth. Ruo Chen startled, was he caught red-handed?  

But to his relief, the next muffler denied his assumption very soon.  

“Me... Jing Yi...” However, Ruo Chen rather wanted to be caught red-handed than hearing his darling whisper another man’s name so sweetly in his dreams!  

If it was the old him, Ruo Chen wouldn’t hesitate and just follow his impulsive feelings to wake the youth and interrogate him, even forcing him out of jealousy. However, it was different now, he hadn’t the right to monopolize the boy before him in any way. He could only reluctantly retreat in defeat...  

Yet, never would he have anticipated, what happened next.   

Rong XingLi abruptly warped his arms around Ruo Chen’s neck. The stunned Ruo Chen was left unguarded and a mellow, yet wild tongue pried open his mouth and sucked at his tongue.  

Ruo Chen’s eyes widened, he couldn’t believe, that such a delicious meal would present itself. He wanted to return the french kiss, but his guilty conscience told him to stop.  

No, if I don’t restrain myself now, then I wouldn’t be any different than the old me. 

With great reluctance, did Ruo Chen free himself from his sweetheart. But the more he tried to break free, the more did Rong XingLi clung onto him and sucked harder! 

Ruo Chen didn’t know whether to cry or laugh. He was very satisfied with his sweetheart’s energetic approach, but he preferred him to be fully awake and do it with a clear conscience! 

It was then, that alluring moans escaped Rong XingLi’s mouth. 

“Mmm… aahnnn 

“You—… Li Junyao wake up instantly, or I won’t stop with just kissing!” shouted Ruo Chen loudly. He finally distanced himself from those tempting lips to a safe arm-length. What was needed the most, was a wake up call for the both of them. Otherwise, he would turn crazy under the torture of pleasure and guilt! 

Rong XingLi who was forcefully pushed away whimpered and shivered. The sight was awfully pitiful and Ruo Chen’s momentum instantly faltered, he felt distressed and consoled his darling immediately, “Jun-er, I’m sorry for hurting you. Where does it hurt?” 

Sob, sob… 

Ruo Chen panicked and once again approached Rong XingLi. “Let me see, where does it hurt? Don’t cry Jun-er, please don’t cry...” 

He stroked Rong XingLi’s head and soothed him like the most precious treasure of the world. His sweetheart slowly calmed down with few sniffles and sobs, while he opened his eyes halfway. There were tears at the rim of his eyes as he uttered a shaky:not enough—“ 

Mnnn...” Rong XingLi couldn’t even end his sentence, before Ruo Chen finally lost it and blocked his mouth with his. 

They engaged in passionate kissing and licking. One would advance while the other followed and vice versa. 

Nnnn....mnn...haa 

Slurp~ 

“Ahh...mnn...” 

After a long french kiss did Ruo Chen release his sweetie. Rong XingLi was out of breath, a blush lingered on his face and his misty eyes stared at Ruo Chen with anticipation. The latter showed a jubilant smile as he teased the wanton Rong XingLi.  

Ruo Chen’s hands would caress Rong XingLi’s face, then slowly advanced downwards to his belt while gently kissing his eyes, lips, and neck. Leaving ambiguous red marks above Rong XingLi’s collar. 

The misbehaving hands slipped into Rong XingLi’s shirt, one naughtily fondling the little dots and the other squeezing into the back of his underwear. 

Rong XingLi jolted and let out a grumpy, “...don’t …let me sleep...” and shoved Ruo Chen’s handsome face away like an annoying bug. Then turned away and nestled himself into a comfy position and began to snooze. 

With regard to that, Ruo Chen stopped his assault and stepped out of the car to smoke wordlessly. He tried to keep his calm, but eventually succumbed to the humiliation he just received.  

His sweetheart was sleep talking 

He didn’t kiss him, because it was him, but because he was conveniently there! 

It’s exactly what he did to Li Junyao in his past life! 

Ruo Chen squatted down, discarding his half-smoked cigarette. Out of vexation, he ferociously rumpled through his hair and disheveled his whole appearance. 

Ahhhhh, is that a fucking joke?! Or is that payback from the previous life?? I’m stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stuuuupid!!! I really deserved it - I haven’t changed at all!!! 

After that, he started to curse loudly for 20 minutes.  

Meanwhile, Rong XingLi dreamed very sweetly in the soundproof luxury car. 

 

Ai, first I mess up the multiple-choice setting on the poll, then I actually don't give you what you want. QAQ

Shame on me. Well, I nearly did end this with a dog blood-filled fiasco, so it wasn't actually wrong.

 

The poll result:

Spoiler
  • Drama baby! <- Not today
  • RomCom
  • Tofu for the hungry   (I like tofu)
  • we will roast Chen    (Ruo Chen... I won’t let you off so easily, still needs to be stewed a lot to be worthy of wifey (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و )
  • our MC gets hurt (well nearly)
  • Jing Yi saves the day
  • humiliation for the Li parents  <- I knew you would take the bait, but not now. Revenge has to be served cold, muhahahaha!
  • Li Mengyao teases Ruo Chen  (everyone does u.u)
[collapse]

Won’t listen to “Emotional Orchestral Music” again to write a lighthearted part, but “O Fortuna” is perfect for ML abuse, hahaha! Stay tuned for more roasted Chen!

 

I hope you had a good laughter, well I had ^o^ 

 

30