1.15 Rise of moral integrity, rehabilitate the slag Male Lead, strike for revenge!
1k 11 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ruo Chen was at a loss of words. He sucked in a breath of cold air and swallowed down the emotions, that were on the brink of exploding. 

 

Yet, he couldn’t suppress all of the brooding bitterness and still raised his voice, “What’s so important, for you to insist on this matter so stubbornly?! Whatever you want, I’ll do it for you. No need for you to attend!”

 

Rong XingLi pursed his lips, “Do I have to tell you about every step I take?” His unwillingness was written over his face. 

 

Ruo Chen hair stood on end. He hated iron for not becoming steel, his Jun-er was just as stubborn as in the previous life!

 

“Why won’t you understand, that I’m trying to keep you away from those malicious people? It’s for your best ah!”

 

Both people refused to budge an inch and confronted each other into a cold war.

 

The one who broke away first, was actually Rong XingLi, who fished for the sofa cushion beside him. With seemingly one smooth movement, the cushion was tucked between his chest and arms as he turned his back to Ruo Chen. The sullen face of Rong XingLi sunk into the cushion.

 

His petulant back, that embodied his determination and helplessness, scratched at the other’s heart. A while passed and Ruo Chen had a tiny moment of wavering.

 

Sigh~

 

He didn’t know whether to cry or laugh, his sweetheart was willful, yet awfully cute at times... that was against the rules!

 

“Jun-er, don’t do that to me. Let’s talk and find a compromise, okay?” Ruo Chen ultimately gave in powerlessly.

 

The corners of Rong XingLi’s lips perked up. Hehe, doing it the hard mode will end in my loss, but the soft approach is a walk in the park.

 

Rong XingLi didn’t turn around to hide his victorious smile and asked with subtle voice, “You will definitely listen calmly to what I have to say till the end, won’t get angry or pry to deeper into my matters ba?”

 

Ruo Chen reluctantly agreed to those unfair conditions. “En, won’t you turn around and talk to me, please?”

 

Just as he wished, Rong XingLi faced Ruo Chen and began talking, “Today I met Ruo Heng and he is plotting something against you. He wants me to lure you somewhere at the family gathering. He hasn’t told me more details, but I don’t think he just wants to chat with you. Let me go with you as double spy ba.”

 

After Rong XingLi laid out his plan, Ruo Chen’s heart plopped down into his stomach. 

 

“How can I let you do something so risky?! No, absolutely not! Don’t get involved, I’ll deal with him myself,” refused Ruo Chen immediately.

 

Rong XingLi sneered, “In the end what am I to you? You tell me, you like me, to trust you and rely on you, yet you won’t let me help you. Do you know how useless I feel? I’m also a man, who wants to be relied on!” 

 

The eyes, that reflected only despair in the last life, gazed at Ruo Chen with unwavering spirit. 

 

“You will not change your mind, will you?” asked Ruo Chen in hope of a negative answer. 

 

“Even if the sky crashes down,” replied Rong XingLi without batting a lid.

 

“You’re sure? Like really, really, reaaally sure?” Ruo Chen especially enunciated the last “really”.

 

Rong XingLi wanted to roll his eyes at this childish farce. “If you’re going to ask this silly question again, I will go there as Ruo Heng’s guest!”

 

Ruo Chen inhaled sharply while his eyes widened in hysteria, “No, no, no! You will attend as my friend, but promise me that you will never leave my side by even a step ba.”

 

At last, he gave in with very complicated feelings. After some more haggling, Rong XingLi could go with Ruo Chen and only had to stay within his vision at all times. 

  

The fateful evening was approaching and both spend the remaining time making their preparations. In order to fit in, Ruo Chen gave Rong XingLi a crash course on rules, posture and topics to talk about. After all, Li Junyao’s parents never bothered to teach him such things. 

 

Of course, Ruo Chen didn’t let out any chance to snuggle with Rong XingLi under the pretense of learning etiquette. It was especially intense while practicing simple ballroom dancing. The amount of accidental ass groping and exaggerate body rubbing was enough fill a lawsuit. 

 

Moreover, the probability to put those abysmal skills to use was practically zero. But Rong XingLi had to endure and couldn’t point out this obvious flaw. He would go out of character otherwise! 

 

Li Junyao was very easy to deceive. Since he lacked social interaction with other people, his judgment of people was more than bleak. Plus, Ruo Chen was awfully pampering towards him, naturally, the original soul would believe him without question.

 

Sigh~ Little Junyao, please don’t be so dense in your next life. This senior feels distressed just thinking about all the dangers that may await you ah!

 

Finally, on the day of the party, three young men emerged from a familiar sports car. The steward walked towards them with a humble and friendly attitude, “Young Master Ruo welcome. Master Ruo awaited you. May I inquire the names of Young Master’s esteemed guests ba?”

 

“They are my dearest friends, Young Master Li and Mr. Zhang. Treat them like you would treat me ba,” said Ruo Chen casually. 

 

“En.” The old steward understood his implication and scrutinized Rong XingLi and Zhang Ze once again. After he remembered their faces, the steward respectfully guided them inside to the main hall.

 

Many of the guests consisted of females, mainly in their early twenties. The emergence of three young and handsome men immediately heated the atmosphere. Particularly the sight of Ruo Chen made the hearts of those maidens flutter.

 

Seemingly unaffected by the adoring attention of the other gender, Ruo Chen strode forward with steady steps. His chin held high in the sky.

 

Rong XingLi looked apathetic at the peacock, that showed his feathers and averted his gaze into another direction. 

 

Right beside him was another tall guy, not as wild as the former, but good looking enough for those young misses to take note of. Zhang Ze’s gentle and mature aura attracted quite a number of people’s gazes. 

 

Hats up, brother-in-law is truly worthy to be the second male lead, the attention is successfully divided between the two. Let me be in your fan club ah!

 

As for Rong XingLi, well, he was like the cute little follower. Hence, the older audience looked at him with innocent fondness. 

 

This naturally didn’t escape a certain vinegar drinking1drinking vinegar: being jealous  watchdog’s radar. 

 

Ruo Chen slowed down. Just as Rong XingLi eyed the food on the side, a shadow fell on him and a chest glamoured in ash black attire obstructed his line of sight.

 

Ruo Chen intimately hooked his arm around the little follower’s shoulder and dragged him side by side to make his greetings to all big shots in the Ruo family as well as the influential friends and guest. 

 

Zhang Ze was a bit envious at their first couple outing. He wanted to make his relationship with Li Mengyao publicly known too! But going with her to a Ruo family party would have been a bit to eccentric. 

 

As the only sane person with his IQ still online, Rong XingLi wanted to scold those two lovestruck fools. They clearly forgot, who should show off their brotherhood.

 

Can’t let them remain as friends, Ruo Chen’s silliness is contagious!

 

However, beside the lack of personal space sometimes, everything went smoothly and Zhang Ze was the new face in the rich upper circle.

 

As the night deepened, the opposite side finally made a move. Madam Du gracefully walked towards them, a shallow smile on her seemingly honest and clear face. Ruo Chen smoothly hid Rong XingLi behind him as he took a step towards Madam Du.

 

“Ruo Chen, are those your new friends, how come you don’t meet with your old friends anymore? Making new friends is good, but you know what they say, old friends and old wine are best2Old friends and old wine are best: Everything is good when new, but not friends. Friends are like wine: the older, the better..”

 

“Aunt Du must be joking, when haven’t I treasured my friends? There was just so much work to do and they gradually left me out. Well, men of totally different principles can never act together3men of totally different principles can never act together: true friends are like-minded, it’s better to pick people, one can best work and collaborate with. Being the son of a conglomerate family is not easy ah,” replied Ruo Chen politely, but there was an underlying meaning behind. 

 

His former friends were the scum of the upper class, second generations, who burnt their parent money for a life full of decadence and debauchery. Such company will inevitably ruin anybody. Only someone with ill-intention would encourage the conduct with this heinous pack.

 

There was a faint crack in Madam Du’s mask, but was immediately covered by a amicable smile, “Haha, Xiao Chen has really grown up. Always thinking of the family business first and taking your responsibilities serious.”

 

“Of course, I have to. It is my duty to take over my father’s business ba.” Ruo Chen thanked her by telling her the naked truth. His smile was bright and shiny, to the point of mockery. 

 

On the surface was only praise, but Madam Du’s eyes contained a deep hidden contempt. She didn’t know, what made that bastard change lately, but he stopped being the easy to control fool. 

 

Furthermore, he began to be cautious around her and Ruo Heng. He no longer followed the path of self destruction she paved for him and actually metamorphosed into the role model of legitimate heir. 

 

Humph, laugh as long as you can, your smug face will be forever erased after today’s show. Let’s see if you can lift your head high in this circle ever again!

 

Madam Du gaze fell onto Rong XingLi and showed a smile that didn’t reach her eyes, the latter felt a cold chill running down his spine. The other looked clear and fragile like a daisy kissed by morning dew, but there was an indescribable eeriness in her eyes that only the recipient could perceive.

 

“Oh my, isn’t that Xiao Jun? Aunt Du nearly couldn’t recognize you ah. So you came with Ruo Chen. Didn’t Ruo Heng also invited you, he was a little downcast earlier. Why don’t you go over to him and cheer him up ba?” suggested she.

 

Rong XingLi, who was called out of the shadows, pulled on Ruo Chen to calm him down. “En, Aunt Du is right. I’ll go over right now. Brother Ze and Ruo Chen, see you later!”

 

Madam Du’s smile morphed into a genuine one and Ruo Chen felt like ants were crawling up his ankles. The fading sound of her heels, that echoed with each step she distanced herself, ticked like the countdown for a calamity. 

 

Something pleasant for her can only be disastrous for me!

 

Ruo Chen wanted to stop his beloved, but the other simply shook his head, “I’ll be alright, wait for me...Chen.”

 

As Rong XingLi disappeared to look for Ruo Heng, Zhang Ze patted Ruo Chen lightly, “They won’t be able to harm him.”

 

Ruo Chen nodded slightly, “En, but I can’t help it.”

 

Meanwhile, Rong XingLi sighted Ruo Heng near the grand windows, that were, at the same time, the doors to the balcony.

 

“I’m here, so where and when should I take Ruo Chen to?” asked Rong XingLi directly.

 

Ruo Heng shot him an indecipherable smile, “Li Junyao, good to see you. About the thing we talked about… just forget it ba.”

 

Rong XingLi furrowed his brows nearly imperceptible, but soon replaced his too composed reaction with a more bewildered expression, “What do you mean with ‘forget’? We have to correct Ruo Chen back to the right path ba!”

 

“Ai, don’t misunderstand me. I worried for nothing, he doesn’t need our meddling anymore. Seems like he woke up on his own! ”

 

Rong XingLi was even more confused, but he still expressed superficial approval and doubts to decipher Ruo Heng’s motive. However, the other’s lips were tight and Rong XingLi couldn’t milk out any information. After a long round of pleasantries and trivial talk, Ruo Heng excused himself and left Rong XingLi.

 

Nauseated by the redundant amount of perfume in the air, the frustrated actor went out to the balcony for some fresh air. He leaned on the European style stone parapet, which was slightly higher than his waist and took a very deep breath. 

 

“Jing Yi, are you there?” asked Rong XingLi in his conscience.

 

“Ding— System 01 is on standby,” replied Jing Yi calmly. 

 

“What do you think about this? He would walk on corpses for his goals and now he simply… gave up? Something is definitely fishy.”

 

“Ding— Host is correct, Ruo Heng’s ambition value is still the same.”

 

Hearing the confirmation from his family’s Jing Yi, Rong XingLi tensed up. “I knew it. Jing Yi, did you finish the scan of the vicinity of suspicious people or substances? I don’t want to be assaulted by drugs or poison.”

 

“Ding— En. The scan will be completed in a bit of time,” reported Jing Yi back. 

 

Rong XingLi exhaled wearily and reminisced a bit in his old memories with half-closed eyes. There was a tinge of sadness written on his face as the night breeze brushed over his cheeks. 

 

The melancholic figure illuminated in faint yellow just sat there silently, ignoring the ongoing festivities inside and stared into the starless night for a long time. Without his knowledge, a person drew nearer and reached out their arms from behind. 

 

Yikes! Who are you— uww…”

 

Before he could comprehend what happened, Rong XingLi was twirled by a tall figure. Two strong arms wrapped around his waist and steadied his stance. Then a subtle kiss was placed on Rong XingLi’s forehead.

 

Rong XingLi stared blankly at Ruo Chen in disbelief.

 

Wha, wha-wha, what kind of stunt did he just pull off?! Doesn’t he feel embarrassment at all? Too exotic, definitely needs to be scolded!

 

He merely opened his mouth, when Ruo Chen squeezed him tightly into his embrace. Ruo Chen’s low voice whispered slowly, “Do you know, how worried I was, when I couldn’t find you inside?” One hand pressed against the back of Rong XingLi’s head and began stroking through the silky hair. “How long did you intend to sit out here? You’re freezingly cold already ah!”

 

Rong XingLi swallowed down the taunts, which were on the tip of his tongue. There was this inexplicable hesitation, that made him unable to be harsh to Ruo Chen. Thus, he simply let the other male caress him, who had a very calming scent after quitting to smoke. Bit by bit did Rong XingLi cave in to the warmth and unconsciously reciprocated the embrace.

 

It wasn’t until Jing Yi reported the result of the scan, that Rong XingLi realized their extremely romantic actions.

 

“Ding— Scan complete. There was no unusual substance found in the whole building, neither has any unauthorized person entered the estate,” listed Jing Yi unhurriedly, before he paused shortly. “Does host wish to have some privacy?”

 

This question left Rong XingLi speechless. He refused flatly, then shoved Ruo Chen away, as if the ambiguous atmosphere was never there. “We should go inside,” declared he without looking at the other, followed by him running ahead.

 

Left behind, Ruo Chen had a despondent smile on his face. “Is it still too early…”

 

***

 

Far away from the charming male lead, a flustered actor panted heavily while he desperately grasped his chest.

 

F*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck, f*ck!!! What was that?! Why did I obediently let him fondle me? Did my heart just go fluttery at this low and sexy voice? Rong XingLi, you’re already forty plus! Where is your dignity as a senior?!

 

Amidst Rong XingLi’s mid-life crisis, a mechanical voice interrupted his train of thoughts.

 

“Ding— Ruo Chen has more love experience than host,” corrected Jing Yi.

 

Rong XingLi spat out a mouthful of blood. Jing Yi’s words stabbed right through his pride. 

 

Yingyingying, I want to go home. That guy bullied me.” Rong XingLi abandoned the bit of pride that was left and acted spoiled.

 

“Ding— Host will have to share the backseat with the Male Lead then,” replied Jing Yi flatly. 

 

“Why?!” wanted Rong XingLi to know.

 

“Ding— Safety first. Ruo Chen consumed alcohol and has exceeded the licit limit.”

 

“...” His family’s Jing Yi’s ability to point out the naked truth always hit right where it hurts. Rong XingLi felt his heart bleed out sorrowful tears. 

 

In the middle of his mourning, a sudden system message popped up. 

 

“Ding— Attention, liquidity substance is targeted at host!”

 

Splash!

 

Rong XingLi lifted up his head, but it was already too late to dodge and the expensive champagne landed into his face.

 

The liquor flowed down and he squeezed his eyes tightly to minimize the damage. However, the alcohol still stung and assaulted his sensible nose.

 

F*ck, which ancestor did this father offend?! 

 

The apprehensive actor wiped away the splashed liquor with a swipe of his sleeve and looked indignantly in the direction of the attack. 

 

What he saw, was a poisonous flower. Madam Du had a look of betrayal and suspicion on her face as she accused Rong XingLi, “Li Junyao, you-you vixen! How dare you seduce Ruo Chen!”

 

Rong XingLi wanted to barf. Who the hell would seduce that silly dog?

 

Her outbreak drew the attention of all the guest present. Even the music came to halt as the onlookers wondered, what the commotion was about. 

 

Madam Du waited until the family elders and the current head, Ruo Chen’s father, arrived, before she continued her act. “Humph, I can’t believe, that you actually used his goodwill to approach him with ulterior motives!”

 

Ruo father, who just arrived furrowed his brows in discontent, “Du Hua, why are you making a scene here ba?”

 

Madam Du showed a stunned expression as if she hadn’t noticed his presence yet. “Dear, it’s all my fault ah. I haven’t paid enough attention Xiao Chen and he got tainted with bad company. His lascivious behavior and his canceled engagement, I-I...”

 

The rest of her self-directed play was cut off by her aggrieved sobbing as she fell into Ruo father’s arms. Her pitiful and innocent appearance gained the sympathy of the audience.

 

Moreover, that was some spicy information she revealed! The sudden cancellation of the engagement and the official statement left many skeptical. Turns out, there was a homosexual affair!

 

Rong XingLi facepalmed at both, the white lotus b*tch and the onlookers, who were so easily deceived!

 

He wanted to say something, he really wanted to, but his meager cannon fodder aura was suppressed by the overbearing aura of Ruo father.

 

“You… aren’t you Li Junyao? No wonder the Li household disowned you, seemed like you were the beginning of everything. To think you would resort to dirty tricks to get back into the circle. I have to ask you to leave the premise immediately,” issued Ruo father without hearing out the other side.

 

Excuse me, can I get a word too? Scum and bitch, what a wonderful pair ah!

 

Right at this moment, a familiar warm hand reached out for his shoulder and Ruo Chen stood next to Rong XingLi.

 

“Father, I can’t agree to that. He is my guest. Sending him away is the same as beating your own son.” Ruo Chen’s words were sharp like a razor and Rong XingLi gave a thumbs up for his badass entrance.

 

“You dare to talk back to your parents? Du Hua was right, you lack proper education!” exclaimed Ruo father in anger.

 

Ruo Chen sneered. “Well, my mother was killed by someone covetous and I was left with a stepfather,” replied he coolly, as if nothing was amiss. Nonetheless, his unabashed words indicated something too horrifying to simply gloss over.

 

There was a string of shocked gaping and sharp inhaling audible. Rong XingLi was baffled too by the unforeseen escalation and discussed the issue with his family’s system, but the answer left him even more churning.

 

“Jing Yi, what is happening right now?”

 

“Ding— Ruo Chen is confronting them with the murder of his late mother. Please act accordingly to the situation,” replied Jing Yi calmly.

 

Ruo father and Madam Du felt their cheeks slapped green and blue. The label of miserable father and murderer was stuck onto them!

 

“Ruo Chen you went too far! Distance yourself from this boy and apologize to Du Hua immediately, or else… I will kick you out of the family!” commanded Ruo father in a fit of anger.

 

Rong XingLi looked frustrated at this chaotic scene, the exorbitant amount of drama reached the point of idiocy. 

 

He silently lit a candle for the past Ruo Chen, having lived day by day with so much dog blood was a grandeur achievement worthy of a male lead!

 

While Rong XingLi immersed himself in his own world, the confrontation between father and son reached their breaking point. 

 

Ruo Chen tried to reason with him, “Father, this woman at your side will be your femme fatale. I have enough evidence to prove my standpoint, just hear me out. I would rather cut all ties with the Ruo family than kiss up to the murderer of my mother!”

 

Slap!

 

Ruo Chen’s cheek turned bright red, there was no reaction and his head remained tilted to the side. From his nose began a crimson liquid to drop. By the time everybody realized what happened, Zhang Ze already came to aid and Rong XingLi pressed his handkerchief against Ruo Chen’s nose. 

 

Ruo Chen shoved away Rong XingLi’s hands and the warm red fluid leaked onto his ashen suit. The droplets disappeared into the darkness like his lingering attachment to his father. With eyes full of disappointment, he spoke to the man before him, “So that is your response… I have nothing else to say ba!”

 

With that, the three of them left the party. 

 

That public dispute drowned any festive spirits and the party could be called the disaster of the year. Ruo father cursed this failure of a son hundred times in his heart, even though he was promising in the last few months, one can’t change their true colors4true colors: real personality, character traits (referring to Ruo Chen’s former second-generation lifestyle)!

 

Only Madam Du and Ruo Heng were overjoyed by the turns of events. The eyesore left on his own account!

 

However, on the surface, she still had to maintain her holy mother persona. “Dear, weren’t you too harsh? I’m sure he is just momentarily confused, that boy must have fed him with all those lies ba. Poor Li couple, their son is such a disgrace. Honey, are you listening to me?”

 

Getting no answer, she felt something amiss and looked around, everybody including her husband stared at their smartphone. They simultaneously received a message with image attachments. After a while of silence, Ruo Chen’s grandmother flared up, “Du Hua leave my household this instance and never show your face in front of me ever again!!!”

 

Madam Du was stunned and bend towards Ruo father for support. But he just clenched his phone in front of her with a black face. She read the content and paled ghostly white, “No, you can’t believe those lies! Someone is slandering me!”

 

The message contained clear evidence of her murder plan as well as abusive actions against Ruo Chen’s late mother. 

 

The whole atmosphere turned hostile against her and the bodyguards were called to restrain her. Ruo Heng was perplexed and tried to shield his mother, but Ruo father stopped him. “If you don’t know, what she did, then stay back. We will also have to talk, what you did behind my back to Ruo Chen!”

 

Ruo Heng felt like his throat was cut through and didn’t dare to say anything further. 

 

Under Du Hua’s evil deeds were also Ruo Heng’s illegal dealings with drugs against Ruo Chen listed.

 

“Call Ruo Chen back. We seriously let this pitiful child down,” ordered Ruo grandmother apprehensive, after that toxic mother-son-pair was dealt with.

 

However, when the steward came back with the news of Ruo Chen, Ruo grandmother sunk down to the ground, “My dear…”

 

They got caught into an accident. 

 

Sorry for the late update I broke the once a week update schedule ToT

I kind of lacked ideas (and time) for this chapter. It’s freshly written, so there may be jumpy or rushed parts.

Oh my...cliffhanger plus drama. But be positive!

Spoiler

It will get worse :D

[collapse]

I actually wanted to go back to more comedy… haha I scammed myself ╮(╯▽╰)╭

 

 

 

21