1.1 Rise of moral integrity, rehabilitate the slag Male Lead and strike for rebirth. 
2.5k 6 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
What baited you here? (ಠ .̫.̫ ಠ) Curious fujoshi waiting online for answer
  • Cover Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Synopsis Votes: 54 43.9%
  • [BL] tag Votes: 97 78.9%
  • Title Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Series listing/ranking Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Recommendation Votes: 3 2.4%
Total voters: 123

Beep, beep, beeeep 

Together with his heartbeat, the sound in the VIP hospital room died down. 

At the age of mere 41 years former film emperor and successful director, Rong XingLi, took his last breath. 

Beside his bed sat a youth, his facial features delicate with baby fat on the cheeks. With red eyes, he shifted his view at Rong XingLi’s face, which once held a handsome appearance. It showed a genuine, yet sad smile and the tears he shed in his final moment still lingered on his face. 

“I’m sorry, Xiao Yang1xiao= little, prefix to call someone intimately, Xiao Yang is Huang Yaoyang’s nickname. I have to leave you alone. I can’t keep my promise to be with you forever...” 

“P-please don’t hate your father, even though he didn’t love me, he loved you dearly.” 

“Hah… maybe I can meet him on the other side. So live well for the both of us...” 

 His last words still echoed in Huang YaoYang’s head as he began to sob quietly. 

 Sniff… 

“I, I w-will… so please be happy in your next life too, dad…“ 

***

I died… 

“Master Huang, please lift your head. Mr. Rong didn’t want you to mourn too long but live your life free from the Huang family.” 

Yeah, Bai Zhou is totally right! Don’t let daddy’s effort get wasted. 

“Stupid Bai! The Huang family killed my father, stole what ought to be mine and caused my daddy to die early. They took everything from me. This debt has to be settled!”  

No, no, no, stupid child! Stop right there. You watched too many of my movies. Leave them be and smooth through life with the money daddy left you! Little chuuni2 chuunibyou= a person with the 7th class syndrome, they behave like they’re the protagonist of the world/like an anime character, little buns that need love/attention , daddy is tired, please let me Rest In Peace ba3at the end of a sentence to mark and soften commands, requests and suggestions ! 

“Brother Bai you have to help me ba!”  

 Bai Zhou stop this reckless child! 

“…I understand.” 

It’s over… (⊙_⊙)ノ彡┻━┻  

Rong XingLi wanted to bury his head into his arms. Only to find a see-through cotton candy-like round body, that emitted a faint silver glow. Even though his body looked slightly haggard at the time of his death, it was still this body, that accompanied him all his life. It was a weird feeling without a body. 

“…Do you want a second chance?” a mechanical voice asked amidst Rong XingLi’s current confusion. 

“Who are you?! Where am I?” 

Wait, I can talk?? Am I not dead? 

“Ding—You indeed died and your soul is about to enter the reincarnation circle, but instead of dying with regrets, I can offer you the power to change your fate,” said the mechanical voice. 

“Did you just r—“ before Rong XingLi could end his sentence, the mechanical voice interrupted again. 

“Yes, I did. Call me Jing Yi (1). I’m a system, build to rehabilitate the moral integrity of male slag characters in different planes. By doing given tasks you can accumulate points to fulfill your dreams. Be it materialistic things like money or idealistic concept like eternal youth… or even the chance to rebirth,” speaking of the benefits the mechanical voice seemed to hesitate with the last part. 

This slight hesitation didn’t go unnoticed by Rong XingLi. He long got accustomed to reading between the lines. How else could he survive in the entertainment industry? Moreover, he had to protect Huang YaoYang from his vicious family… 

“This meat pie I won’t dare to believe. There must be some conditions or bad sides, right?” 

“Ding—Of course, power comes with risk and responsibility. You may encounter dangerous situations in the various worlds. While the systems will protect your sanity and soul, the task giver will not guarantee your body’s safety. Death before the task is completed, is possible and will lead to fewer points.” 

“So I will not die in reality?” probed Rong XingLi. 

“En4a grunt of acknowledgment, e.g. I understand ,” replied Jing Yi mildly and continued, “While doing the task, host must be acting in character and is not allowed to reveal their real identity. Your actions also must incline with the world’s law. Breaking the world’s law will lead to instability and in the worst case the collapse of the plane. Should this occur, then your points will be deducted and you will be punished.” 

“What is the punishment?” asked Rong XingLi. 

“Ding— Slight breaches can be compensated with point deduction, medium breaches results into penalty tasks, severe breaches will be punished with detention including a re-education course and the total collapse will lead to extermination.” 

 Gulp.   

Rong XingLi took an imaginary deep breath. 

En. Being immortal seemed too fairytale-like to be true. 

“Ding—Does host desire to be a task taker?” inquired Jing Yi flatly. 

"Do I have a choice? What will happen if I decline?" retorted Rong XingLi back. 

"You will enter the cycle of reincarnation and shed off any strings with the identity Rong XingLi." 

Then Xiao Yang 

Like a bucket of ice water, Jing Yi's next words made Rong XingLi's soul shudder to the core. "While the entity Huang YaoYang will die miserably by the hands of his own clan without having achieved his revenge." 

“This, this fool...” spat Rong XingLi out, after much difficulty. 

 It's my fault. I shouldn't have indulged him so much. What should I do? What would have you done? 

 Rong XingLi inhaled deeply into his see-through soul. But before he could collect his thoughts, Jing Yi struck the iron while it was hot. 

 "Bai Zhou will be framed as the murderer and arrested for the rest of his life, but out of self-loathing he commits suic—" 

 "I'll do it. Take me to the first world immediately," interrupted Rong XingLi sternly. He didn't want to hear the rest nor did he need to. It was enough to stimulate him. He was not stupid. Jing Yi, system or whatever this voice is, could be lying. But Rong XingLi would not dare to disregard the possibility of this being true. Even if he was tricked into this, he didn't want to lose those dear to him, because he gave up too easily, not again! 

 "Ding— Welcome host Rong XingLi! Rise of moral integrity, rehabilitate the slag Male Lead and strive for rebirth. System 01- bounding will now begin. 1, 2, 3, completed! Initiate world transfer. Dizziness or loss of consciousness may occur, depending on your soul power th..." 

 Rong XingLi didn't know, if it was his imagination or the third-rate politician like slogan, but while losing consciousness, Jing Yi's fading voice seemed to sound ecstatic. Rong XingLi had a slight suspicion of being scammed. Nevertheless, maybe this was the only way he could meet him again... 

***

When Rong XingLi opened his eyes again, he lay on a bed. The sun shone through the light-colored curtains. He scrutinized his surroundings. It was a small room with simple furnishing. Seeing modern devices, he deduced this world to be in a modern setting in line with his world time and untightened his elegant eyebrows. 

After inspecting everything he could in his current lying position, he wanted to raise his head to sit up. However, just as he lifted his body halfway up, a sudden pain aroused in his head and he lied down flatly again. 

 The throbbing headache got stronger and XingLi cursed mentally. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. What the hell is this pain?! Something is trying to intrude my head. Where are you, Jing Yi? SOS actor in danger! 

 Soon a familiar voice reported in his head, “Ding-- Rest assured host. The body’s memories and this world’s storyline are entering your consciousness. Headache is a common symptom for new actors, whose soul power haven’t matured yet. It’s recommended to let the information flow in freely to alleviate the pain.” 

 As Jing Yi assured him with its unchanging voice, XingLi relaxed gradually and absorbed the information. Just as in his previous life, he memorized the world’s storyline like a script. Noting down the key points, he gave himself a deprecatory smile.  

 Is this irony? Fate sure knows how to taunt people... 

 This world’s body's name was Li Junyao an outcast university student, who had a twin sister, Li Mengyao. Originally, he was supposed to be a spoiled young master, but because of his weak constitution and feminine features, their parents disliked him and dotted on the older beautiful sister. Only Mengyao cared for him. Thus, the host original owner developed an introverted and gloomy personality totally focused on his gentle older sister. Actually, his constitution was just temporarily, if his parents had cared more for their second child, they could have a wonderful heir. But they had a really simple reason to overlook this fact: greed! 

 And here joints the ML the fray. This world’s ML is called Ruo Chen, the only heir to the Ruo Economy Imperium. To join this powerhouse, Li family reared Li Mengyao to be the perfect wife and only God knows how they got the two engaged after high school. But this guy was a total scumbag, he changed girlfriends one after another. After being engaged he seemed to be in ‘true love’ with Mengyao and pursued her madly, while bullying the younger brother.  

 However, once Ruo Chen obtained her, he gradually lost interest and ultimately broke the engagement. Li Junyao couldn’t take it and demanded Ruo Chen to take responsibility. Like a sheep, Junyao entered the tiger's den and... got raped. Yes, he got taken by a man. After that, Junyao was the new ‘plaything’. Fell in love with Ruo Chen and in the end got dumped. Out of shame and guilt towards his sister he took his life. Mengyao, who lost her dear brother, got depressive and could never love anyone again. 

 Rong XingLi wanted to facepalm. “Jing Yi, did I perhaps offended you in any way? Why is the first world so full of dog blood5melodrama?” inquired he. 

“Ding—The world host gets assigned to, is chosen according to experience, soul power, acting skill and knowledge. Since this is the first world and the current soul power is insignificant, please proceed with your acting skills and vast knowledge accumulated in your original world. System 01 wishes for success,” answered Jing Yi calmly in his mechanical voice. 

 Rong XingLi took a deep breath and replied full of energy, “Well, let’s do it! If I can’t do it, I don’t deserve to be a film emperor. Give me the task.”  

 “Ding—1. Get Ruo Chen married to anyone except Li Mengyao. 2. Protect the chastity of the Li twins till they’re married. 3. Find a suitable partner for Mengyao.” 

 Rong XingLi: “...you sure don’t hate me Yi-er?” 

 Jing Yi: “Ding—Current system level has no personality function. And system is called Jing Yi (1) not Yi Er (1-2).” 

 Rong XingLi: “…” Why do feel like there is already plenty of personality? 

Jing Yi: “Ding—Host must imagine things.” 

 Rong XingLi: “...can you not read my thoughts.” 

 Jing Yi: “Ding—Host authority is not high enough. Request denied.” 

 Rong XingLi: “...”  

I know, ‘strike’ is misleading and ‘strive’ would be more fitting, but I quite like the later wordplays with it. So it will be left at this.

Do not hesitate to point out mistakes.

36