1.2 Rise of moral integrity, rehabilitate the slag Male Lead and strike for new friends.
1.5k 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was currently a nice spring day and everything spread positive energy. Only a certain student’s room emitted dark emotions 

After cursing the male lead for half a day Rong XingLi calmed down and regained his composure. Back then in his original world he had high blood pressure and avoided getting overly agitated. Thus, the last time he cursed this unrestricted was ages ago. It was quite exhausting, to be honest. So, XingLi lied down again, hugged a pillow and planned his next steps. 

 “Jing Yi, how far has the plot advanced yet?” inquired he. 

 “Ding—Ruo Chen and Li Mengyao have met once so far, to get acquainted. Soon, in order to appease his parents, he agreed to bring Mengyao out shopping. This is the first plot point, where he’ll rescue her from some persistent suitors and escorts her home. From then on, she’ll have a favorable impression of him,” answered Jing Yi diligently. 

 “So... it’s the damsel in distress situation1you rescue me, I fall for you cliché, huh. Has he already taken an interest in Mengyao so soon?” asked Rong XingLi casually. 

 Jing Yi hesitated and uttered, “Ding—Negative. Ruo Chen wanted to part as soon as possible to meet one of his girlfriends for a date.” 

 “... Scum,” spat XingLi out and added, “When and where are they scheduled to meet?” 

 “Ding—Host has exactly 37 minutes before the appointed time at the front gate,” said Jing Yi mildly. 

 “Fuck, why haven’t you told me sooner?! Where are my clothes?” Rong XingLi really wanted to spit blood. It was his first task, yet he was about to commit his first mistake, because he cursed someone else to the point of exhaustion! Truly embarrassing. 

 “Ding—To respect the personal freedom of task takers, systems ought to not interfere with the mental preparations of the host. Health first, the Anti-Slag-Campaign treats its employees with care and encourages breaks when needed,” responded Jing Yi.  

 Rong XingLi was speechless. Let's ignore the fact, that the so cared for employees may have to face death while doing the tasks. The risk of being eliminated for good, should the plane collapse, was like the sword of Damocles2current fortune could end abruptly/a sword over your head, that could fall down on you at every given moment. Jing Yi’s bullshitting skills are truly off the charts. XingLi wanted to kneel down in reverence, but he was pressed on time, so he just let go of the matter. 

 After dressing up, XingLi grabbed his phone and stuffed his wallet and keys into his pockets. With a slam, he rushed out of the room in the direction of the front gate. 

 Totally ignoring the strange stares from other students, he ran like a madman to his destination, disturbing the tranquility of this spring day. 

 It was then, when a familiar voice reminded, “Ding—Host is about to OOC (out of character), Li Junyao suffers from asthma, please proceed with caution.” 

 Rong XingLi wanted to ridicule Jing Yi inwardly, but stopped, knowing that even his thoughts were not safe in front of his family’s3Chinese call people in-/ outside their blood family ‘their family’s’ to show intimacy, e.g. my family’s idol is s handsome, my family’s daughter is so talented system.  

 Who let this asthma-suffering young master’s room, be so far from the front gate, huh?!  I can’t let them meet, killing the seed before it can mature is the main priority now. 

 Still, he complied and slowed down. He took his medication and continued to his destination. 

 Fifteen minutes later he finally arrived at the gate. Totally exhausted from the light exercise, he swept his gaze over the waiting people there, but he couldn’t find the main actress. Confused, he panted and brushed his bangs back, he was about to ask Jing Yi, if this was the correct place, when a sweet and soothing voice sounded from behind him, “Junyao, is that you? What are you doing here?” 

 Rong XingLi turned around and responded instinctively, “Big sis!” with a warm and affectionately smile, he continued, “What a coincidence to meet you here! I wanted to go shopping and need to stock some supplies, but overslept and missed the bus just now, hehe…” as he dropped his head slightly and began to blush. 

 Li Mengyao was caught off guard. Her shy brother was seriously too cute! Normally, his pride as a man would prevent him from admitting such a silly mistake, only in front of herself would he show a bit of himself. But today was a bit different, he wouldn’t avoid her eyes and sheepishly answer her question. Seriously, he was so meng4cute, moe, adorable! If he was this open to others, he would definitely be popular in just a day and gain many friends. 

 “Ah Jun5prefix ‘Ah’ before a name is an affectionate way to call someone , if you need something, tell me and I’ll buy it for you. I was going to shop too,” suggested Mengyao. 

 “No need, I’m a man. I can’t let sis go on an errand for me with your delicate body! If you go shopping, then I will accompany you and port your things,” retorted Rong XingLi now called Junyao resolutely. 

 Li Mengyao giggled, her younger brother always had been like this, being overly cavalry and stubborn on certain things. But then she remembered, that their parent's manipulative upbringing and mistreatment of her twin brother lead to his fixation on her and a tinge of guilt overcame her.  

 Ruo Chen would be here soon and she knew, that he and Junyao were on bad terms, but if she were to decline this meeting straight away, she didn’t want to imagine what their parents would do to Junyao. They would surely blame him, since he opposed this marriage from the start. She could only bite her beautiful carved lips and come clean. 

 “Ah Jun, to be honest, I’m about to meet Ruo Chen. So it’s better, if you go back now to avoid him,” said she with a heavy heart and pleading eyes. 

 “Oh… then—“  

 “Huh, who is standing there beside you Li Mengyao?” before Junyao could finish his sentence, he got interrupted by a low, attractive voice. But his tone was intimidating like a husband catching his wife red-handed. This chauvinistic bearing really urged one to eye roll. 

 Both siblings startled at the sudden interruption. Ruo Chen smirked devilish. Of course, he recognized the other party. It was the weak and foolish brother that dared to scheme against him and demanded the engagement to be broken off. The Li family begged for this golden spoon, wagging their tail left and right, yet this dimwit was implying that the Ruo family was forcing this marriage.  

Actually, Ruo Chen wanted to cancel this engagement after a bit of time, but if he did it after Li Junyao’s stunt, he’d make a laughingstock out of himself. Thus, Ruo Chen decided to slowly and calculative ‘fall in true love’ with the precious sister Li Mengyao and then drop her. All just to make Li Junyao suffer. If the original Junyao came to know, that this whole farce started thanks to himself, he’d surely spit out every drop of his blood. 

Ruo Chen wanted to demand an explanation, when the person in question raised his peach blossom eyes and spoke with his hoarse voice, “It’s young master Ruo Chen, long time no see.”  

The greeting took but a brief moment, just as long did the eye contact last.  

Rong XingLi withdrew his gaze and shifted his attention back to Li Mengyao, his tone now charming he implored, “Big sister, I think... I should go with you! You are so frail what if some persistent guys want to pick you up! You are so beautiful, who could resist you? I’ll escort you and carry your things.” 

Hearing this Ruo Chen’s sharp eyebrows furrowed for a short moment. Was this guy implying, that this great young master couldn’t protect her and would easily fall for her? His eyes went cold. Indeed, Li Mengyao was not a bad woman, but she was just a tree in a forest. There were plenty of beauties fighting for a passionate night with him! He should teach this braindead siscon6someone with a sister complex a lesson. 

Nonetheless, he responded adequately, “So it was Xiao Junyao. Today you look brighter than normal, I didn’t recognize you. Pardon me for just now.” 

Rong XingLi looked up, met Ruo Chen’s glare and immediately turned his head to the side. His sight dropping and thin lips pursing slightly, he uttered a quiet “En...” 

Blame the warm sunlight, but adding his yet to fade flushed cheeks, the intended resenting action, morphed into a maiden in love’s shy retreat in Ruo Chen’s perspective. 

Gulp. 

That’s weird. Shouldn’t he be like a chihuahua baring his teeth and barking rubbish nonstop? 

Ruo Chen felt an indescribable itch. A thirst spreading in his throat. But why… 

His train of thoughts got interrupted, when the source for his inexplicable state spoke again, “And where are you heading to? I hope you won’t take my family’s sis to a weird place.” 

Ruo Chen instantly put his weird emotion from earlier into the back of his mind.  

“You...”, spat Ruo Chen out, rage filling his eyes. The air around them got chilling cold. 

Li Mengyao, who was an onlooker this whole time, snapped out of her trance and smoothed things out between them. “Brother Chen, we wanted to go to the mall, right? I apologize for Ah Jun, he really takes some jokes to far, even though I just told him, we want to go shopping. Let’s go brother Chen ba.” 

“But sis—” chipped Rong XingLi in. 

“Ah Jun behave,” said Li Mengyao, her eyes tolerating no rebuttal. Like a wronged child, he could only give in. 

Seeing the troublemaker retreat in defeat, Ruo Chen felt great pleasure. To rub it further into Rong XingLi’s face, Ruo Chen grabbed Li Mengyao’s waist and called her affectionately by the first name, “Mengyao, let’s go. We already wasted too much time here,a smug smile pasted on his handsome face. 

Having such intimate contact with the opposite sex out of the blue, stunned her. Her clear eyes showed a trace of irritation. 

Meanwhile, Rong XingLi gritted his teeth, anger and humiliation written on his face, as he watched them enter the car together. His feeble figure looked helpless. A passerby would think, a poor boy got his girlfriend stolen by some rich second generation7child of a nouveau riche, who got wealthy after the reform in 1978 kid! 

It’s a pity that everything that transpired just now, is the self-directed play of a former film emperor. 

“Ding—Does host have difficulties?” a well-known tune resounded in Rong XingLi’s conscious. 

“Jing Yi, did it look natural?” he answered mentally with a rhetorical question. Not waiting for an answer. He continued, “They’re really some simple kids. With this, the female lead has an unfavorable impression of the male lead, while the male lead’s attention is diverted from the female lead.” 

A smirk appeared on his face. 

Jing Yi felt, that his worry was unnecessary. His host’s analytical ability was high enough, to extract so much information out of a short summary. Sure enough, a host with older mental age can indeed work independently. 

After the short reflection, Rong XingLi shot another question, “Yi-er, which mall are they going to?” 

The system replied naturally, “Ding—The mall located in XX district, famous for several domestic and foreign luxury brand boutiques and it’s still Jing Yi.” 

“Come on Yi-er~ Who can I call a friend beside you? Aren’t you responsible for my mental sanity? This poor original soul had not one person to fit the description of a friend. At this rate, I will die of loneliness! Yingyingying, my family’s Yi-er doesn’t love me~” Rong XingLi tried to act cute, while he got on the bus. 

“Ding—Please refrain from this misleading name,” returned Jing Yi flatly.  

“Why? Are there other systems with actors?” XingLi raised this question curiously. 

There was a slight pause, before he got his answer, “Ding—Whether there are or not, doesn’t affect host in the slightest way. To meet another is not intended in lower leveled planes, nor is the possibility high in superior planes.” 

Rong XingLi was amazed, so there were other people, who died and are fighting for another chance.   

So many footnotes orz

35