Chapter 161: Meeting the Tripartite Slayer.
1.4k 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The market on the fifth floor looked a bit different compared to the markets on the lower floors, spaced out between the various shops and stalls were various trees and other spots of greenery, providing a fresh change of pace compared to the rest of the tower. The value of the items provided by the shops was directly decided by the strength of the residents on the floor, the stronger the residents were the better the items that were being sold would be. As such, the fifth floor had a large selection of items that were either very rare or very powerful.

Of course, none of these items mattered much to Liang Chen and Yan Ling, mainly because they were mostly broke now. They had some funds after searching through the interspatial rings of the people they had killed on the fifth floor, but most of the resources had already been used to cultivate and could thus not be sold. But since they had only really come here to look for clothes for Lan Yun, they didn't expect to spend all that much money.

After the two of them had already spent three hours walking in and out of various shops, Yan Ling suddenly piped up and dragged Liang Chen towards a stand located in the shade of one of the larger shops.

"Oh, look at this one, doesn't it look nice? Excuse me, do you have this in gold and light green as well?"

The stand that Yan Ling dragged Liang Chen to consisted of a single table stuffed to the brim with material that seemed to be used for tailoring. It didn't have any finished dresses, but it had a vast variety of fabric samples that people could test out. The specific fabric that Yan Ling was pointing at and asking about was an ocean-blue fabric that was somewhat similar to silk and was covered in a pattern that contained a mixture of feathers and what appeared to be plum blossoms.

The one running the shop, a burly man from the Fiendgod race, cast a quick glance at Yan Ling and Liang Chen, his pupils shrinking slightly when he saw them. There were very few people in the towers who didn't already know about them, especially on this fifth floor and the lower floors. He gave a slight nod of his head, swiping his interspatial ring and bringing out two more rolls of fabric. One was in a light green color and the other was a dark golden with the pattern a dark green. The man placed the two rolls on the table in front of him, his voice somewhat gruff as he spoke.

"That's the best I have for gold, it'd look too garish if I were to make it completely golden."

Yan Ling picked up the three rolls of fabric, weighing them in her hand and feeling the fabric for a bit before handing it to Liang Chen. Liang Chen simply gave the fabric a quick feel before handing it back, he knew nothing about fabrics so he had no idea if it was good or bad. He looked at Yan Ling while handing her the rolls of fabric again, somewhat surprised.

"Seeing as you went straight for the fabric, you know how to make clothes?"

He thought that they were looking for ready-made clothing that they could pick up but it seemed like Yan Ling had other plans. Yan Ling accepted the three rolls, giving Liang Chen a slight nod and a somewhat wistful smile before holding the three rolls up in front of the man from the Fiendgod race and pointing at a few more rolls of different fabric.

"Yeah, my mother taught me a bit before she revealed herself, I'm not the best, but good enough to make some damn cute clothing. Oh, we'll take these three rolls as well as this brown one, this light blue one, and this light yellow one."

Yan Ling's mother, the one who had caused the deaths of her two siblings and almost killed her father. Liang Chen didn't have to be a genius to figure out that Yan Ling was likely more than just a little hesitant to use something taught to her by that woman. But Yan Ling valued those close to her higher than the hatred she had for her mother, so since she could use her skills to do something nice for Liang Chen and Lan Yun, she would do just that, no matter where those skills came from.

The vendor nodded his head once more and picked out the three rolls of fabric she chose, the brown one was a bit sturdier than normal, it would make for excellent clothing for more rigorous activities, and the two others were a bit lighter, they would make clothing suited for warm weather. Yan Ling handed over the money for the rolls of fabric, which were a bit more expensive than they first anticipated, and then stored them all into her interspatial ring. Liang Chen wrapped his arm around Yan Ling's after she put away the fabrics, smiling at her while dragging her away from the stall.

"It would be a waste to go back immediately, and it's been a while since we last got a break like this, let's enjoy it while we can."

They rarely got to enjoy themselves while on this planet, it was mostly just jumping from battle to battle, or preparing for the next battle with ceaseless cultivation. Liang Chen would not allow them to waste it now that they had finally given themselves time for a break, even if it was just for a day. Yan Ling was a bit caught off guard at first, especially because of the fact that it was Liang Chen who initiated it, but then a bright smile quickly spread on her face as she nodded her head.

The two walked through the market arm in arm, checking out the various stands and shops they had yet to check out. Once they finished with the market they were in now they moved on to the second market on the fifth floor, checking out everything there before heading to the third and final market on the fifth floor. By the time they had checked out every market on the floor and tried food from so many different places that they had lost count, they had already spent more than an entire day walking around, their funds starting to run somewhat dry.

The two finally decided that it was time to cut their break short and return to their house, they had to check whether or not anyone had sent them a challenge while they were gone. It only took them a short moment for them to find their house and walk past the fence around it, heading for the door. But just as he was about to place his hand on the door handle, all of Liang Chen's instincts rang in alarm, his arm freezing in place. Yan Ling noticed his change in demeanor, but Liang Chen spoke up before she could ask what was wrong.

"We're leaving, we're either finding a different house or leaving the tower all-together."

Liang Chen had no idea just who or what was currently in the house, but he had no interest in finding out. His instincts hadn't betrayed him before so he didn't expect them to betray him here. Yan Ling knew that now wasn't the best time to ask questions, the two quickly turning around and dashing away from the house. But before they managed to even take five steps away, the ground in front of them rose up and formed a thick wall that prevented them from moving further. The door to the house opened, a soft voice drifting through the opening.

"I'd much prefer it if you didn't run away, not after I went through the trouble of taking some time off just to meet you. Don't worry, I have no intentions of harming you, that I can swear to you."

Liang Chen and Yan Ling both looked back at the entrance of the house, their fingers twitching slightly as they felt the energy that radiated from the opening. Whoever was currently in there was definitely stronger than them, and looking at how swiftly that wall had risen up, they were likely also at least a little bit faster than them. The two locked gazes for a short moment, their mouths forming somewhat bitter smiles as they spoke out at the same time.

"Man, fuck our shitty luck."

"We have the worst of luck at times, don't we?"

Just after they finished what felt like a well-deserved break, something had to come along and ruin it for them, they truly had terrible luck. They both took a deep breath and then headed for the door, since escape wasn't an option right now, they could only face it head on and do their best to figure out a way to escape.

The two entered the house and quickly reached the living room, their gazes landing on the woman sitting on the couch at the left side of the table. The woman was graceful and carried a mature charm, her third eye showing that she was from the Undead race. But unlike the usually pale skin of the Undead race, this woman's skin had a more wheat-like tinge that went well with her curvaceous figure and her white robe. Her black hair hung down to her ears and all three of her eyes were as golden as the sun.

Neither Liang Chen nor Yan Ling had ever met this woman before, but they had seen enough statues of her to know who she was, Sun Cailin, the Tripartite Slayer and ruler of this planet. Their expressions sank slightly when they saw her, she was on the verge of reaching the Transcended Immortal realm in both body and soul cultivation, escaping from her would be extremely hard. Sun Cailin sent them both a faint smile, beckoning towards the couch situated across the table.

"Please take a seat. And don't look at me like that, I know that this must seem pretty dire to you, but believe me, I mean you no harm. In fact, I am actually here because I wish to thank, and help, you. Tell me, did you not enter this tower because you desired that which was hidden away at the top?"

35