Ch.1 – Vibrant World
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world stopped shaking as the portal that covered the sky began to close.

At this moment, an entire continent and nation, the Sky

Archipelago, were brought to another world.

But that wasn't the only portal.

Others came from other worlds.

Take for instance this living cloud, which came from a world where the sun didn't shine.

***

**

*

*Screeeeeee—!!!*

Glancing behind me I watch the hole shrivel up and disappear.

I will see you tomorrow~

With the hole now gone, I have no way to go back. That was incredible, in my opinion.

I was getting bored of home without Father anyways.

Getting a look around me, I saw almost entirely white. But, I knew this was somewhere new because there was also blue! It wasn not blue

from a book but from reality!

Blue~ blue~ bl~lue~ b–blue~ Blue~

Singing a tune I make my way towards the blue. Almost instantly the white faded out and was replaced by more blue and a yellow!

Wait a moment. Blue and yellow…? That must be the sky!

The old sky! This must be an entirely new location! Incredible!

Changing direction, I moved past the clouds, which were in the sky, and towards the ground that I could not locate.

The sky, although incredible, was opposite of most objects, which were mainly on the ground.

Breaking past the clouds, I am met with a world of maximum incredible. There were even colors I did not know the name of! Things I did not know about!

Green grass! Green trees! Green subjects!

…Green subjects? Why would a subject be green?

Flying to the grassy area of the surface with the green subjects, I get a better look at them.

The green subjects were undressed and very ugly. They did not move and looked like rocks.

Wait, these are rocks!

Turning my attention back to the grass, I feel its waviness and taste the green until I have eaten my fill.

Meeting you was a blessing.

Looking back back upwards, I gaze at the forest that surrounded the clearing I was in. The large trees were unlike anything I have seen before, with leaves and a bright brown bark. They were also incredibly thick and had lots of branches. The only reason I could identify them as trees was because of the pictures of them I have seen.

Dashing into the forest I gaze at the trees passing by until I come across a large pool of water. It was so large that its radius was larger than the length of a tree! It was a different shade of blue, but it was definitely the water I knew of.

Blue water! So much water! How deep does it go?

Looking down into the watery abyss, I look for the bottom. But, I was unable to find it.

I thought about jumping in, but I already knew that the water was bad for me, so I decided against it. The water was pretty though.

Resuming my journey, I wander around the forest and think about things. I liked to think. It was very fun.

I wonder where I am. I wonder where Replacement is. I hope he is okay! He was not as good as father, but I still liked him!

I like all the colors! Although white is approved, it was boring! I like blue! I like yellow! I like green! I like black! I like purple! I like white!

Wait, no I do not. I do not like white anymore. Of all the colors, only white was bad. I hate white. White white white white! Too much white! Get rid of it!

Even though I liked color, I would get irritated if I had to see it everyday. White walls, white floors, white ceilings, white lights, white rags, white glass, white noise, white paper! Everything was white, so I hate white! Even though it was boring outside, at least there was no white!

Luckily I am neither inside nor outside! I am here!

Oh! What is that!

Coming to a stop, I look at the shiny thing I found. It was long, sharp, and metallic, with a little skin looking part at one end. It was lodged inside of a tree by a good amount. It looked very interesting, save for the white color it was.

Silver is a shade of white, correct?

Either way, it seemed like an interesting object so I pushed against the skin part of the object, causing it to slip out of the tree and fall to the ground with a *poomf*.

It is heavy.

As expected, metal was still too heavy for me to lift.

Without any other way to interact with it, I left the long object laying in the grass and continued moving.

***

*Ker-ak-ak-ak-chi~!*

While wandering through the forest, a strange sound suddenly emenated through the forest. It was unlike anything I have heard before.

Though, that list was not very long.

But because of that, this new sound greatly interested me. Moving through the forest towards the direction it came from, I happened upon a clearing. Just like before, there were large green rocks strewn about.

This time though, there was a new object and subject.

The object was alive, and circled around the subject on four of its five appendages. The last appendage was larger and twirled around in the air.

Its most prominent feature was its colors, being an unknown color with white tips. The strange color was a strange mixture of yellow and red, leaning more on the red side.

I want to touch the new color.

Lunging at the object I felt around its rug-like body as I appreciated the color. After a few moments it began leaking and promptly fell over.

Since I already had my fill of the new color, I moved on to the subject, who was not a rock this time. The subject was currently observing me with its brown eyes as it laid against a rock. Unlike other subjects, it wore not white but brown, with a silver crop top like apparel covering its clothes. The crop top was the same silver metal the object from before was made of.

But unlike their interesting appearance, all they did was sit there looking at me, so I quickly left for somewhere else.

Did all the red lines on their stomach mean something? I wish they would have told me.


[N-File 0001: Evifennix]

[Codename]: Evolving Fox

[Date Of Discovery] : Day 0

[Appearance] : The Evolving Fox is an average looking fox measuring at around 55 centimeters long and 35 centimeters tall. They are colored mainly orange, with white tips at the end of its feet, tail, and nose.

[Strategies] : First and foremost, do not use magic in front of an Evolving Fox. The Evolving Fox has the innate ability to copy magic around it and use it freely, so doing so will only make it more dangerous. Instead, one must engage it with either technology or weaponry.

But one must still be careful, for they are both agile and intelligent, and able to use the terrain to their advantage. They can jump from the trees and hide under bodies, so one must be observant and pensive as their weaknesses are as likely to be abused as any the fox shows.

Luckily, like most animals of its stature, a single clean strike is enough to dispatch of one. They also rarely hunt in groups, so as long as one is careful and well equipped they are likely to survive an encounter.

[Habitat] : The Evolving Fox is a predator exclusive to the forests of Evino Island. They are regularly hunted by residents of the island, so their population is quite low. Adventurers also come periodically, but still there is no worry of extinction.

[Observations] : Evolving Foxes are incredibly arrogant beasts, and when they are winning a fight they will release a laughter-like screech. When they reach adulthood, they typically kill and devour their parents with their siblings before parting ways. Oddly enough, when they become adults they are subject to this practice as well, much to their own surprise.

[Notes] : Do not keep an Evolving Fox as a pet. Even if raised from birth, they do not show loyalty or affection when they reach adulthood. They are dangerous beasts, and should be treated as such.

1