Chapter 4 : An Annoying Occurence
69 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"..."

 

Roderick closed his eyes as he sat down with his back against the pole on the ship's crow nest. Who knew it was a decent place to take a nap after feeling the menacing glares pressuring on you when you're just walking along the deck? Moreover, the sea breeze was more sensational and cooler in terms of heat. With the sun basking covering the whole ship, it's just the perfect weather to take a nap in.

 

Until...

"Rody!!" A shout called out for the man himself, a sound so familiar that it was simply irritating for the stowaway. 

 

"..." 

 

The noise of someone rushing up to climb the unstable ladder was slowly coming closer. As it came closer, Roderick made no retort to even escape anywhere. "Shit..." was what he thought whenever he heard that roaring voice. It has been a few weeks since he became a crew member to one of Altia's infamous pirate crew. 

 

"The Cackling Storm"

 

The group was infamous for targeting the treasures of noble families all across the continent. From the simple pieces of jewelry up until the Royal Prince's precious golden quill. Yes, you heard that right, they even target the Royal Family of the capital city, Oravus. Hence why they were one of the most wanted pirate crew around. Escaping from one town to another, one city to another, and ended up sailing the sea for more adventure.

 

It was just your typical pirate crew.

 

Roderick knew how dangerous and menacing they can be, especially with their high reputation. He knew he was risking his life when he sneaked onboard the large ship filled with crew members young and old. The day when he was caught smuggling the food supply, he was sure he's done for. Besides, what could he even look forward to in life other than dropping dead? Though after meeting the captain of the supposedly malicious group of pirates...

 

He wished that he wasn't caught hogging up all of their food in the first place. Because what he hates the most are people like him. Persistent, welcoming, friendly, open, and loud... it was all the things that he despises which only a human being can produce.

 

"There you are, was looking all over for ya!" Errat exclaimed with his usual loud tone of voice, it was your typical captain. Wearing a black pirate hat laced with a velvet scarf around it. A slash scar on his left cheek, an unusual combination of silver hair and amber eyes. But today, he was wearing none other than a loose shirt with a leather vest on. Along with a crimson belt on his waist, it was your typical pirate crew's style of clothing - however, it was odd for a captain to wear it. It just seems so leisure and relaxed, not an image that you want if you want to show others how fierce you really are.

 

"...I already told you not to bother me. And it's annoying that you would pop out of nowhere just to check on me," Roderick replied as he kept his eyes closed, tired of seeing that ugly expression on the other man's face - which was either a determined look or a bright smile creeping up his lips.

 

Errat then set his foot on the wood yard that was beside the cramped space that Roderick was in, "What's a captain gotta do than checking on how his crews are doin'?" He said as he grabbed on the rope that was near him as support. Standing proudly as he looked over his napping crew member, "The sea's breeze nice up here, isn't it?" The captain said as he took in some of the fresh scent of the sea in him.

 

"...My reason for being up here doesn't concern you. Or should I say... Screw Off!" Roderick huffed as he laid on his side, trying his best to ignore the captain's vex inducing words. He has had enough of having his nap disturbed every single goddamn time he tries to take one. Though what was heard next was a sound of laughter. 

 

"Sure, sure, ya can say that again. I'm just telling you that lunch's gonna be ready in a bit. If ya wanna take a nap then take it, I won't bother ya."

 

"You already ruined it." Roderick scoffed as he finally opened up his Emerald pupils and sat up. Glaring menacingly at Errat with a deep, unsatisfied frown. 

 

Errat was taken back by the sight of greeneries decorating the other man's eyes, "Well, well, ya got there a forest in yer eyes, huh?" He took a step closer and held on to the sides of the crow's nest.

 

Roderick was flabbergasted as the captain's face was inches away from his, "What in God's name are you doing?" He wanted to shout, but can't due to seeing how close Errat's face was.

 

"Yer eyes are really somethin', ya shouldn't keep your eyes closed all the time. Ya really got to show off those gems of yers even more." Errat complimented with a silly grin on his face before pulling away.

"...Why would I? As if someone is going to appreciate them, these eyes are nothing but a tarnished pair of scopes for this useless body. Now screw off for real before I throw my dagger into your head. I don't want anything to do with you." Roderick said before he crossed his arms and closed his eyes once more. 

 

Errat felt a little despondent of seeing the glimmering jewels being locked in their chests yet again, "Fine, I won't bother ya any longer. Just don't forget to down on some of Curtis's good ol' fish stew. They're to die for." He said before he patted the wood of the crow's nest, "Freshen up, ya still have a life full of wonders ahead of ya." Were the last words coming out of Errat's mouth before the man climb down the ladders.

 

Roderick was dead silent as he tried to get some shut-eye. Though unknowingly, his heart was beating faster and more alive than he could ever imagine.

 

"...Why be nice to me? I'm nothing but a burden on your crew."

4