Chapter 7 : A Walk Around Town
47 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And here we are, the town of Illusia!" Errat extended his arms as he got off the ship and was standing on top of the docks. With the ship having to just arrive at the Port of South Gorgon. The captain had received an interesting request when the ship was still sailing the seas. So he ought to see what's in for them.

 

Roderick hummed as he took a glance at the captain's outfit, "I'm surprised you're wearing such a casual outfit. I thought you would wear your coat into town." He said as he was playing with his dagger while leaning his back on the ship's outer hull.

 

"It's easy for the eyes to see, plus these would work just fine. If ya don't know, we're kinda wanted around here. Especially me~" Errat winked as he pointed to himself with his thumb. Looking like a goof towards the Auburn-haired man.

 

"Wanted? I thought an idiot like you would be mistaken for being the head of a freak show." Roderick sarcastically commented, earning a light laughter from Errat.

 

"Well lucky you, Rody! Cause you're coming with me!" Errat exclaimed as the latter's eyes shot wide.

 

Roderick furrowed his brows, "And may I ask why I'm coming with you?" He asked in a rather annoyed tone.

 

Errat casually approached the man and leaned closer towards him while pinning him against the wooden hull of the ship with his leg, "You're new to the crew, the guards don't know that you're one of my men onboard. The less you're known, you're free to pass by the gates. So it's a strategical plan, you see?" He smirked towards the unamused man.

 

"...And what if I refuse?"

 

"...Well then I guess we won't be doing one of my dear regulars' request. It's such a shame that ya won't get to get a nice ol' drink at that tavern of their's. Let me tell ya, it's the real deal. After having ya onboard, I noticed that ya like to drink booze when served, Rody~" Errat teased as his face was inches away from Roderick's.

 

"--!!" Roderick held his breath as he glared at Errat with an ominous look on his face.

 

"A shame though if ya don't wanna join. Guess we have to set sail tomorrow the-"

 

"Fine"

 

Roderick muttered as he pushed his hand against Errat's chest before strutting towards the port, "What are you waiting for? Standing there would just be a waste of my time." He added as he stopped midway and side glanced at the captain.

 

Errat scoffed in victory before he turned his head towards Jack and his two other crew members, "Yer gonna come along with us. We need some helping hands." He said.

 

"Really?!" Jack's eyes sparkled with wonder.

 

The older man nodded, "Really" He then glanced at Roderick fading into the port and smiled, "Ya gotta keep someone company after all."

 

The small boy then saluted and giggled, "Yes, captain!"

 

"I'll fetch our 'merchant' cart and some horses like we always do, captain. Just wait for a bit." One of the crew members said as he and his co-worker had descended from the ship.

 

"And also stock up on some food for our journey to Dungan."

 

"Aye, I'm going to keep someone else company. Don't want our prickly pufferfish to get lost." Errat waved at his crew before making a beeline where Roderick was heading

 

While the said man was standing with his arms crossed in front of a large billboard. Filled with numerous wanted posters and their rewards. Crowds passed by and glanced at the pictures.

 

"Hah... If I can get one of their heads, I would be living in one of those mansions." A merchant lamented as he wasn't standing far away from Roderick. Letting the man eavesdrop on their conversation.

 

Another man let out a sigh, "Sure is hard to catch all of them, especially that captain of the Cackling Storm. Errat de Crescent's his name."

 

"Right, that lad's always sneaky. Have seen him in many newspapers, he's got one of the highest rewards for sure. But it ain't as high as the previous captain, boy was he a huge catch."

 

Roderick silently listened as he gave a side-glance towards the men, "Previous captain?"

 

"Yep, he was a wind-runner, going here and there. Gone like the wind, and now, he's probably at the bottom of the sea. No one's seen him for the last seven years."

 

"Whoever finds him must be one lucky person, they can live like royals if they do."

 

"..." Roderick then glanced back at the billboard and saw the annoying bright grin of Errat being photographed onto a single piece of paper.

 

                                                                                                                          WANTED
                                                                                                                 [Errat de Crescent]
                                                                                                     ~Captain of the Cackling Storm~
                                                                                                                            Reward
                                                                                                                  5.600.000.000 Eurees

"..."

 

"Heya, Rody!" A voice called out to him as he felt the impact of someone slapping his lower back.

 

"!!" Roderick held back the pain as he glared at a hooded figure beside him. Knowing well the owner of that damn, irritating voice.

 

"Whatcha lookin' at? Oh~ Some wanted posters, huh?"Errat crossed his arms and placed his hand below his chin with a smirk on his face.

 

"Don't jump on me like that, I would have mistaken you for a burglar and sheath my dagger," Roderick replied with a grunt as he rubbed his lower back.

 

"But ya didn't right?"

 

"..."

 

"Good enough for me" Errat added as he takes a look into the posters, "My, my, it's increasin' a lot lately. And would you look at that, they picture my face so perfectly~" A sly grin was upon his face as he looked at his own reflection.

 

"...That's a steep price for someone like you." Roderick commented, "...It would be pretty easy for someone to chop your head off in my opinion."

 

Errat shrugged, "Maybe, ya can try if you wanna. Living in one of those royal mansions is leisure, ain't it? That money can get you there."

 

Roderick knotted his brows together in vex, "Listen here, I don't live for luxury... I'm trying to find a purpose to do so, don't even question it." He said as he was glaring daggers at Errat.

 

The silver-haired man then lifted his arms and smiled, "Okay, sorry bout that. I won't pry into it any further."

 

"...Good then... When are we going to go to this 'customer's' pub?" Roderick asked.

 

"Oh, it's in the town of Dungan. It's a two days trip towards there, think ya can handle it?" Errat asked as he kept smiling at Roderick, waiting for his answer.

 

Roderick's glare softened as he waved his hand at the captain, "I have been through worse. A two days trip to some town I don't know is no challenge for me." He sneakily gripped his left arm and averted his gaze, "...I just hope that I can control it..." He muttered.

 

"What did ya just say?"

 

"...Nothing, now let's go and get this trip on the road..." Roderick said before he passed by Errat and went to wherever his legs were taking him - pretending that he knows the way when he wasn't.

 

Errat watched as Roderick shifted his direction numerous times, looking like a lost child on the streets. He was about to return to Errat before he noticed Jack and the crew members on a single stall. He rushed towards where the group was gathering, though the man instantly went towards Jack's side. Both individuals began their idle chatter with each other.

 

Errat chuckled as he smiled warmly, "...Adorable"

4