Chapter 1. Loss
19.8k 31 291
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up with the worst headache of my life, feeling like someone was stabbing my brain with an icepick. After a few excruciating minutes I eventually opened my eyes; to be faced with an unfamiliar yet reminiscent ceiling. I should have been scared to wake up in a room that was not my own, but some part of me couldn’t. I sat up to take a look at my surroundings. 

 

Looking around it felt like a room I was accustomed to, as I knew where to look when I was thinking of finding something. ‘Where do I keep my clothes?’ my body would look toward a dresser by my bed. I slowly got up still feeling a dull throb in my head to look through a window. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw someone staring back at me.

 

A kid looking to be around early to mid teens was staring at me. I started back staring back at him; only to notice that he was mirroring my actions. “What the…?” We both said. ‘What’s wrong with my voice? It sounds different.’ Then it clicked; ‘the weird Deja Vu, the kid looking at me, my different voice.’ “I’ve taken over this kid's body!”

 

A new headache was forming, and I don’t think it was the transmutation of my soul into this kid anymore; ok maybe a little bit. I took a deep breath to gather my courage to look back into the now defined mirror. Taking a closer look it was a teenager with blonde hair with a black streak in squiggly shape. About 5’6” with very light brown eyes, almost yellow. I put my hand to my new face, pinch it, and give it a pull. “Ouch… Well that proves this isn’t a dream I guess.”

 

However something was nagging me; this face was too similar to someone I knew before whatever happened to me, happened. I look towards my nightstand looking for a phone. “Bingo.” I take it while pulling off the charging cable, and turn it on. “Please have no password.” I say under my breath as I swipe the screen. It opens to a running video streaming app. I sigh with relief as I hit the home button to look at the date and time.

 

“June, 21, 2148” The words rang in my head. “Oh… I’ve been gone for a while” I slowly sat down on my bed. I was in shock, too much information too fast, and my brain feeling like it was gonna split open didn’t help me process. “I lost everyone….” “I have nobody….” Somehow this seemed to ring true to my subconscious as well, and I shed a few tears at the home I could never go back to. The people I could never see again. I sat and cried for longer than I’d like to admit.

 

I looked back at the phone that had long since turned off. I turned it back on, and found some news articles “All Might defeats sludge villain” was the top headline. It was at that moment I had another shocking realization. “I’m in a whole other universe, as an almost mob comedy relief character. What did I do wrong in my previous life?”

291